Game 1: Eagles 4 vs. Shore 1

East Coast Senior Hockey League - Teams include CeeBees, Breakers, Eagles, Caps & Blues
chesterfriedchicken
What is the shape of a hockey puck?: triangle

Mon Mar 09, 2015 4:03 am

Made the trek up the shore, wasn't dissapointed, 7-800 fans all hooting and hollering. Chips was good up there too.

Some good goaltending in this one, with Yetman outduelling Goss in the end. Dandy SH goal by Mason Reid was the difference in this one. Some good fast hard hitting hockey. Few dust ups. Gale on the shore got a match penalty I think from Colin Abbott. Speared one of the cadigans and then kicked him when he was down. Then Dan Sparkes came in and from what I heard from a parent of a fella on the shore, sent Gale to the hospital for repairs from Sparkes' knuckles. Odd thing, nobody came to Gale's rescue when this happened. Seemed to be quite afraid of Sparkes. Not sure where Nate Morry was too for all this? Or Costello? Should be a good series. Both goalies kept this one close. Shore got a fast little team, but they were missing the gritty play tonight. Think it'll be a long series.

Oddly, they went with the 4 ref system for this game when it should've been integrated in to any series involving St. John's, dirtiest team in the league. I heard from some of the peanut gallery tonight that the St. John's fella Casey cried enough that they didn't do it for that series. Didn't matter, they got swept anyhow. I wonder if the other coach that threw the water bottle will coach again? Think they'd be happy, they won three years in a row.

Hockey Eyes

Mon Mar 09, 2015 1:28 pm

700-800 is a great crowd for that arena. It will make for a nice turnout Friday night in Torbay because so many from the Shore are now closer to St. John's. I'm sorry I didn't go and I am also sorry Morry or anybody else didn't come to the rescue of Gale . That is not "Shore" hockey.

madness

Wed Mar 11, 2015 1:19 pm

chesterfriedchicken wrote:Made the trek up the shore, wasn't dissapointed, 7-800 fans all hooting and hollering. Chips was good up there too.

Some good goaltending in this one, with Yetman outduelling Goss in the end. Dandy SH goal by Mason Reid was the difference in this one. Some good fast hard hitting hockey. Few dust ups. Gale on the shore got a match penalty I think from Colin Abbott. Speared one of the cadigans and then kicked him when he was down. Then Dan Sparkes came in and from what I heard from a parent of a fella on the shore, sent Gale to the hospital for repairs from Sparkes' knuckles. Odd thing, nobody came to Gale's rescue when this happened. Seemed to be quite afraid of Sparkes. Not sure where Nate Morry was too for all this? Or Costello? Should be a good series. Both goalies kept this one close. Shore got a fast little team, but they were missing the gritty play tonight. Think it'll be a long series.

Oddly, they went with the 4 ref system for this game when it should've been integrated in to any series involving St. John's, dirtiest team in the league. I heard from some of the peanut gallery tonight that the St. John's fella Casey cried enough that they didn't do it for that series. Didn't matter, they got swept anyhow. I wonder if the other coach that threw the water bottle will coach again? Think they'd be happy, they won three years in a row.
Nobody came to gales rescue cause he speared cadigan in the stomach while he was celebrating a torbay goal

• Information