Breakers Win Again!!!

East Coast Senior Hockey League - Teams include CeeBees, Breakers, Eagles, Caps & Blues
superfan
What is the shape of a hockey puck?: triangle

Sat Mar 21, 2015 11:26 pm

StevieY wrote:It isn't always the caliber of the hockey that's provides the fans with the best entertainment it is often the intensity and the amount of heart and desire to win which creates the most excitement for fans. The AESHL has all that and more. With over 600 fans all cheering for their favorite team what else could a fan ask for. Oh wait maybe the league could allow imports to come in and go through the emotions, collect a paycheck and then after a weekend of parting fly back out until next weekend. In the off season they could cheer for their volunteers as they work day in and day out raising money so that they can have a team next year all while getting burned out because of the amount of hours they spend away from family and friends to raise money.

.... enjoy your rec . hockey Stevie .

superfan

Sat Mar 21, 2015 11:30 pm

StevieY wrote:DONT TAKE MY WORD ON THE BURNOUT CHECK AROUND THE LEAGUE YOU WILL FIND OUT THAT THAT IS THE CASE. EXCEPT FOR THE PAST SEASON BUT OVER THE PREVIOUS YEARS I HAV ATTENDED MANY GAMES IN GF AND CB. WHEN I TALK ABOUT THE DESIRE AND HEART TO WIN II AM SPEAKING ABOUT WHAT I SAW NOT WHAT I AM TOLD SECOND HAND. THE AESHL HAS OPERATED FOR OVER 48 YEARS AND MANAGEMENT DONT HAVE TO SPEND THEIR WHOLE SUMMER RAISING MONEY SO THEY CAN ICE A TEAM NEXT YEAR.

.... senior minor hockey .

(GARBAGE !!!!!)

chesterfriedchicken

Sun Mar 22, 2015 7:54 am

superfan wrote:
StevieY wrote:DONT TAKE MY WORD ON THE BURNOUT CHECK AROUND THE LEAGUE YOU WILL FIND OUT THAT THAT IS THE CASE. EXCEPT FOR THE PAST SEASON BUT OVER THE PREVIOUS YEARS I HAV ATTENDED MANY GAMES IN GF AND CB. WHEN I TALK ABOUT THE DESIRE AND HEART TO WIN II AM SPEAKING ABOUT WHAT I SAW NOT WHAT I AM TOLD SECOND HAND. THE AESHL HAS OPERATED FOR OVER 48 YEARS AND MANAGEMENT DONT HAVE TO SPEND THEIR WHOLE SUMMER RAISING MONEY SO THEY CAN ICE A TEAM NEXT YEAR.

(GARBAGE !!!!!)
No form of hockey is garbage.........that is if you are actually a hockey fan.

Some good comments on fundraising and what not. I agree that it is a tough road for some teams to ice a team and volunteers no doubt break their backs all summer, but they want to. How long it'll last and how many more years they'll do it, is in the air. I know some volunteers from some teams have told me this is their last year. For the Caribous, the amount of work that has gone in to hosting an allan cup have some people wore out, but they wouldn't change it. Whether or not they go back at it in May when all is said and done, is again in the air, from what they've told me.

All that said, The AESHL, garbage in your mind or not, will be played next season, regardless of volunteer work.

superfan

Sun Mar 22, 2015 11:16 am

In order to go from hotel to hotel you need a lot of money. In order to make this happen , you need high (AAA) quality players in order to draw enough fans to the rink .

.... and in order to get them, you need money to pay these AAA players or they wont play .

In the city all you need is rink rentals and the players will look after the rest .

.... this is what I call senior minor hockey that is played for recreational fun .

Minor rec. hockey cost nothing to play. AAA semi-pro is another "game" altogether .

HockeyFan29

Sun Mar 22, 2015 12:01 pm

What time does the game start today?

StevieY

Sun Mar 22, 2015 12:10 pm

Superfan now that you have confirmed once again that your league is AAA semi-pro I cant understand why HNL awarded the herder to this league. The herder is supposed to be played by an amateur senior hockey team. It does not specify that the amateur senior team has to be of A, B, or C caliber. The herder is usually played when the communities from the avalon to the west coast are represented. When the old NSHL was in operation players were brought into communities and given jobs. They stayed and lived there for the most part and became part of these communities and contributed in many ways to the betterment of these communities. They were not just flown in on weekends and played hockey then back on a plane until next weekend. This in my mind is what makes your league a Semi-pro league and doesnt fit the criteria of amateur and therefore should not qualify to play for the herder.

Sam Boney

Sun Mar 22, 2015 5:15 pm

superfan wrote:

(GARBAGE !!!!!)
Why would you call it garbage? I took in game 2 of the AESHL finals and it was a pretty decent game but I didn't leave looking forward to game 3. I've also taken in games in Clarenville overvthe years and while the players were obviously more talented I really didn't find the games all that entertaining. At the AESHL game I saw a lot of kids really excited by the hockey experience, wearing team jersies and down by the Eagles dressing room high fiving players coming out of and going in their dressing room. They seemed to be having a great time, as did the fans who were watching the game. So what is it, in your opinion, that constitutes this type of hockey to be garbage?

Catch 22

Mon Mar 23, 2015 3:21 pm

It's all in your mind StevieY. If you had to watch a CWSHL team beat up on Torbay for 60mins you wouldn't say it was exciting.

Lilly

Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:10 am

Super fan
No game of hockey is garbage. don't watch it if you don't like it or coment .the ones of us that do watch it we love it. These boys come out and work so hard and for nothing. that's what you call heart and each one of them have it and I enjoy every second of watching them. so just don't comment and leave it be and let the fans enjoy it. because that's what the game's all about people who work really hard and play it because they love it and the fans who love to watch it.

superfan

Wed Mar 25, 2015 9:16 pm

Lilly wrote:Super fan
No game of hockey is garbage. don't watch it if you don't like it or coment .the ones of us that do watch it we love it. These boys come out and work so hard and for nothing. that's what you call heart and each one of them have it and I enjoy every second of watching them. so just don't comment and leave it be and let the fans enjoy it. because that's what the game's all about people who work really hard and play it because they love it and the fans who love to watch it.

Lilly I don't watch it . Stevie made some rude comments about the CWSHL so I responded with some rude comments about the AESHL .

Actually I admire all the volunteer work that goes into your league and I especially admire the philosophy around a community based team and the loyalty , based on that philosophy .

However I also admire greatly , the vast dedication the volunteers in the CWSHL have demonstrated for the last ten years and the great talent that we have enjoyed (800-900 fans per game).

..... so having said that , please accept my sincere apology for those uncalled for remarks and all the very best to the Eagles and Breakers .

• Information