Eagles take game 5 4-1

East Coast Senior Hockey League - Teams include CeeBees, Breakers, Eagles, Caps & Blues
chesterfriedchicken
What is the shape of a hockey puck?: triangle

Sun Mar 22, 2015 9:54 pm

Taken from the sportspage:

The Tappers Northeast Eagles are now one win away from the 2015 Avalon East Senior hockey League championship. Sunday night the Eagles defeated Southern Shore Breakers 4-1 at the Southern Shore Arena to take a three games to two lead in the best of seven final series.

Kevin Reid lead the offensive attack with two goals with singles from James Cadigan and Chris Mooney. Andrew Gale replied for the shore.

Game six is Friday night at Jack Byrne Arena.

canonball

Mon Mar 23, 2015 12:25 am

was there more than 50 fans there which team got the beer

Wink

Mon Mar 23, 2015 11:50 am

Yes imagine 400/500 people where there, and all to enjoy hockey, not overpaid players who don't care about anything but the money to show up

evanpenton

Mon Mar 23, 2015 12:15 pm

Lol overpaid players. If someone gets $10 a game they are overpaid compared to your league. You guys keep talking about your league when its a glorified rec league.

I'd rather pay $14 a game to see Cam Fergus. Compared to $ 8 a game and watch James Cadigan or Andrew Gale.
GO CATS GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !!!!!!!!!!

chesterfriedchicken

Mon Mar 23, 2015 6:45 pm

evanpenton wrote:You guys keep talking about your league when its a glorified rec league.
It's the AESHL section of Hockeytalk, what are we supposed to talk about :?:

Your opinion is your opinion Evan, but that's hilarious. Call it what you will, it's hockey, and the only Sr. hockey on the east coast and we watch it. When your league folds.........again..........what will you watch?

puckstopper

Mon Mar 23, 2015 6:58 pm

Im getting real sick of reading superfans and evanpentons posts about how crappy the AESHL is. You are entitled to your opinion yes, but do you really need to write on every single post saying the same thing about the league being garbage over and over and over. This is a page for AESHL fans to talk and read about the games. Why do you feel such need to come on here and constantly bash the league? Please stop wasting our time. We would really appreciate it.

superfan

Mon Mar 23, 2015 7:39 pm

puckstopper wrote:Im getting real sick of reading superfans and evanpentons posts about how crappy the AESHL is. You are entitled to your opinion yes, but do you really need to write on every single post saying the same thing about the league being garbage over and over and over. This is a page for AESHL fans to talk and read about the games. Why do you feel such need to come on here and constantly bash the league? Please stop wasting our time. We would really appreciate it.

Sorry Stopper , but we have endured countless insults from various fans of the AESHL so I responded in the only way I know how; by hurling insults back at those who have insulted our league .

In order to go from hotel to hotel you need a minimum of $200,000.00 per season and in order to get this money you need top quality players to draw fans to the rink .

This can ONLY be possible if you pay these top quality players who give up every weekend, take time off work and countless other sacrifices these players make in order to play semi-pro hockey .

I know the comments I made about your league were uncalled for , so please accept my apology and all the very best to the Eagles and Breakers in the finals .

Lilly

Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:15 am

Wow! grow up everybody. not everybody goes over to your side and insults. So don't come over here and insult what we're enjoying.
so some people you know insulted your league so you're going to be the bigger person but continuing on the insults. that makes absolutely no sense. I'm happy your side doing what it's doing. So you should be happy that there is sr hockey on the side and fans get to enjoy again what you see every weekend

evanpenton

Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:50 am

Actually I was responding to winks comments. I do not come on here and post on every thread talking about how garbage the AESHL is. I think I may have commented on 3 threads in this section all year. I am glad you guys have good hockey to watch, but when people talk about how good the AESHL league is and they will be happy when the WCSHL folds I have to argue it.

How can a league that doesnt pay players fold ? Saw the CWSHL folded this summer. If I come on here and call the GFW rec league the CWSHL, in 50 years can I then compare that league to a pro paid league ? There is a difference.

evanpenton

Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:52 am

Oh by the way, I am pretty sure superfan and others only came over to this section afer hockey eyes went to the CWSHL and tried to stir up crap about the Herder and how competitve the AESHL league was and how they deserved a shot at the Herder. So people simply wanted to defend that argument.

• Information