Northeast Eagles vs. Gander Flyers

East Coast Senior Hockey League - Teams include CeeBees, Breakers, Eagles, Caps & Blues
chesterfriedchicken
What is the shape of a hockey puck?: triangle

Wed Mar 25, 2015 6:22 pm

evanpenton wrote:I attended one game earlier this year.

As stated on your AESHL league site

Mike Vaters 28 pts

Mike Vaters had 6 Points when playing with the Cats last year. He was the 6th best player in your league this year.

That gives us about 15-16 players on the flyers that either this season or last season who had more points then the 6th best player in your league.
Evan you sound like such a fan, why on earth would Vaters be the 6th best player in the league? Because he was 6th in scoring? Wow, intelligent. Does that mean that Sweetland was the 6th best player in the West league because he was 6th in scoring? Sounds right in your eyes.

Do your homework Evan.......Vaters had 25 of those points against Bell Island and St. John's, the 3rd and 4th place teams. Does that make him the 6th best player? He'd be lucky to be on the 3rd line of the Eagles. That's why he only had 3 points against them in the regular season. He couldn't keep up. He's one of the slowest skaters in the league, to say he's the 6th best player is ludicrous. He has 1 goal in 8 playoff games.

Your logic is flawed Evan, makes you look like you are not even a fan of hockey, just a guy that looks at a stats page and makes ridiculous statements based on them.

rick

Wed Mar 25, 2015 6:50 pm

Hey Chester !!! Heard that Harry is going to be applying to enter back into the league next season . what are you hearing ?

chesterfriedchicken

Wed Mar 25, 2015 7:17 pm

rick wrote:Hey Chester !!! Heard that Harry is going to be applying to enter back into the league next season . what are you hearing ?
Harry won't be happy until a championship trophy is won in Mt. Pearl. Problem is that no matter how many tickets are sold at Canadian Tire, there are no hockey fans in Mt. Pearl. He doesn't see it, and his group of volunteers, who have time and time again tried their hearts out, for some reason think they can do it. They've tried twice now in the last 3 years and both times failed. It's time to fold the tent.

They would survive in the East league, but again, they'd be better off playing out of the smaller rink at the Glacier and not the big one. Paying attendants and extra people on the doors, plus the booths is just too costly for Avalon East Sr. hockey teams drawing 100-300 fans in the regular season. The playoffs do draw an extra few hundred fans, I think the Jack byrne and mobile arenas have had upwards of 7-750 tops in the finals, but Harry thinks for some reason he can get that per game. Not happening.

He will try again, I just don't see who wants to play there either...........tried and failed too many times. Sad.

rick

Wed Mar 25, 2015 7:34 pm

Sad indeed . it's to bad tho . if there is one guy that puts his all in is Harry

evanpenton

Thu Mar 26, 2015 9:00 am

chesterfriedchicken wrote:

Mike Vaters 28 pts

Mike Vaters had 6 Points when playing with the Cats last year. He was the 6th best player in your league this year.

That gives us about 15-16 players on the flyers that either this season or last season who had more points then the 6th best player in your league.
Evan you sound like such a fan, why on earth would Vaters be the 6th best player in the league? Because he was 6th in scoring? Wow, intelligent. Does that mean that Sweetland was the 6th best player in the West league because he was 6th in scoring? Sounds right in your eyes.

Do your homework Evan.......Vaters had 25 of those points against Bell Island and St. John's, the 3rd and 4th place teams. Does that make him the 6th best player? He'd be lucky to be on the 3rd line of the Eagles. That's why he only had 3 points against them in the regular season. He couldn't keep up. He's one of the slowest skaters in the league, to say he's the 6th best player is ludicrous. He has 1 goal in 8 playoff games.

Your logic is flawed Evan, makes you look like you are not even a fan of hockey, just a guy that looks at a stats page and makes ridiculous statements based on them.
Lol, Ok I will give you that you have a valid poibnt by saying just because Vaters was 6th in points does that mean he is the 6th best player in the league. However, that then means you only have 5 players get more points then a crappy player. Since I dont watch many of your games I cant fully assess the entire league as a whole but nor do I have the time to "do my homework" and fully evaluate every player in your league. In saying that one of your top players Mooney wasnt a stand out in the west coat league a few years ago and the league has gotten stronger. In general looking at the roster your league has, it is a far superior league here in the CWSHL. Now, we can stand here and speak our opinions all day and it wont count for anything, my opinion is no more correct then your opinion.So instead I usually refer to stats as they dont lie.

Where you are flat out wrong is saying that I am not much of a hockey fan or that I just look at stats pages and make ridiculous statements. The bottom line is the AESHL is manty steps below the CWSHL and a crappy "3rd line player for the Eagles" wasnt too many points behind your league leader. Look at the top 6 in the CWSHL in points...all of which are outstanding players which would dominate the Eagles.
GO CATS GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !!!!!!!!!!

chesterfriedchicken

Thu Mar 26, 2015 9:56 am

evanpenton wrote:
chesterfriedchicken wrote:

Mike Vaters 28 pts

Lol, Ok I will give you that you have a valid poibnt by saying just because Vaters was 6th in points does that mean he is the 6th best player in the league. However, that then means you only have 5 players get more points then a crappy player. Since I dont watch many of your games I cant fully assess the entire league as a whole but nor do I have the time to "do my homework" and fully evaluate every player in your league. In saying that one of your top players Mooney wasnt a stand out in the west coat league a few years ago and the league has gotten stronger. In general looking at the roster your league has, it is a far superior league here in the CWSHL. Now, we can stand here and speak our opinions all day and it wont count for anything, my opinion is no more correct then your opinion.So instead I usually refer to stats as they dont lie.

Where you are flat out wrong is saying that I am not much of a hockey fan or that I just look at stats pages and make ridiculous statements. The bottom line is the AESHL is manty steps below the CWSHL and a crappy "3rd line player for the Eagles" wasnt too many points behind your league leader. Look at the top 6 in the CWSHL in points...all of which are outstanding players which would dominate the Eagles.
Again Evan, your homework is lacking. Chris Mooney was 8th in scoring in "YOUR" league last year. Does that mean he was the 8th best player in "YOUR" league. He only played 18 games in doing so. He had the 5th best PPG in the top 10 scorers as well. Does this mean he was the 5th best player in the league? You said Stats don't lie Evan. He had the same amount of points as Keith Delaney did last year, and more points than Marty Lapointe did. Does that mean he's better? Delaney was 4th in scoring this year, does that mean statistically that Mooney would've been 4th best in your league this year? Answer to all of this is NO Evan. Stats don't lie, but they prove nothing, just that a guy can put numbers on the board. The Royals finished first this year and put lots of numbers on the board. But guess what, they were 4 and done, much like the Caribous, another high scoring team. Goals may win regular season games, but heart wins championships.

Nobody is arguing that the CWSHL isn't better than the AESHL, anyone that does isn't living in reality. You made statements that are untrue, Vaters isn't the 6th best player in the league. You based all of this on stats. I pointed that out, you're wrong, live with it.

As for your opinion being "More" correct as you put it, again, that's your opinion.

Catch 22

Thu Mar 26, 2015 4:31 pm

We'll Chesterfried... How would you rate Mooney in the east? Top 10 players?

I'm going to give you my honest opinion here. I've seen Mooney play many many times...

Right now he would be lucky to crack the 2nd line on ANY CWSHL team. Again JMHO

rick

Fri Mar 27, 2015 10:25 am

When Your on a line with lauzon and piercey . anyone would look good

evanpenton

Fri Mar 27, 2015 12:41 pm

Chesters argument seems to be stuck on the fact that I said Vaters is the 6th best player in the league. He is taking this WAY to literal for how I meant it.

Ill change my wording. The AESHL is made up of maybe 4-5 players who could play in the CWSHL and of that 4 or 5, 1 or 2 would be lucky enough to crack the 2nd line of any team. ( ie. Mooney, maybe the Reids )After that the players are 4th line CWSHL players or lower.So you have 4 or 5 guys who tear up the league and the rest are all on par with each other. If you make a team of Northeast and added a few pick up players you still wouldnt match the Gander Flyers.Not even close.
GO CATS GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !!!!!!!!!!

• Information