AESHL making sure the Ceebees don't fly this season

East Coast Senior Hockey League - Teams include CeeBees, Breakers, Eagles, Caps & Blues
The Eye..
What is the shape of a hockey puck?: triangle

Thu Oct 08, 2015 8:54 pm

Well it is The Eye again, I Would like all fans to come out and Support the Ceebees Senor Team and the EXC this year,they are trying in every way possible to put a team together for you this year , they are working very very hard every minute of every day but seems like the AESHL is screwing them over every way possible what else is new HEY ... that is my opinion ...... what do you think .....

" They wan't us to pay for every Team bus that comes to our Stadium , They aloud each team to protect 35 players, dating back 10 years, didn't matter if a player ever played for them, if they drafted them 10 years ago they go protect them. They didn't allow us one player that we could protect from years ago. Told us we could only add players from our own area and had to draft the rest. Problem with that is, we couldn't draft any players because teams were aloud to protect 35, plus they automatically get their territoty players, so team like st Johns and Torbay have 100 players each that are their property that we can not have access too On top of not giving us one player that was previously carded with us in the aeshl, they told us we had to pick 5th. So we went into the draft with 12 players and 5th pick. Every other team went in with over 30 players players. They sent out one draft list, and then another one that was basically cut in half from team protecting these guys. For example, bell island protected a player that never played there ever. Torbay protected a Player because that mount pearl senior team that **** team that went in the league one year traded the rights to that player to torbay for a player. That Player was playing with clarenville and didn't even know this happened They should have never been aloud to protect these many guys Also, they told us we had the right to our territory players carded with other teams, for example Tyler Adams with bell island. We figured we could trade Tyler to bell island for a decent player because he wanted to stay there, we find out 2 days before the draft that if the players don't want to leave they don't have, Meanwhile, a Player wants to play with us, was last carded with us, but they won't give us that player because he is torbays territory

The Eye

geoela

Fri Oct 09, 2015 10:14 am

Wow. If all of this is indeed true, then the AESHL is truly a joke. There are some pretty ridiculous rules and restrictions placed on teams in the CW league, but these things that the AESHL are doing to the CEEBEES are just plain wrong. Who would come up with this crap for this league? Why even let the CEEBEES in if you're going to treat them like this? Makes you wish for all of the Delaney's and former CEEBEES to come back just to totally blow everyone out again like previous years. Brutal. Shame on the president and executive. Joke league.

Gomez

Fri Oct 09, 2015 10:46 am

I've been reading the blogs the last couple of weeks and I have a question that maybe someone in the know can answer. Are the Cee Bees being treated any different than the Shore were when they joined the league a couple years ago? Did the shore get the first pick? Were they allowed to retain players rights from before? I assume that league policy never changed since then.

Unless the league thought they gave the shore too much last time. Maybe the league is trying to prevent that from happening again. Torbay hasn't won a thing in they last 10 years and the Shore wins second year into their expansion.

geoela

Fri Oct 09, 2015 12:28 pm

Well, protecting 35 players is extreme, and having to pay for the the visiting team's bus is ludicrous. Whoever came up with this is out to lunch.

herder head

Fri Oct 09, 2015 10:25 pm

Just read that CBN has acquired the rights to Kenny King. If it's the same Kenny KIng that played with Torbay a few years ago he should be a big help. He's a sniper and should be one the team's top forwards.

Hockey Eyes

Sat Oct 10, 2015 11:23 am

Let me take a guess at this . Protecting 35 players which seems like an enourmous number is there so the four teams from last year can protect their junior players from affiliated junior teams. If that is the case it makes some sense and Bell Island for example protects the players from the senior team plus those playing junior with the Bell Island team . Is that so ? Anyone know?
The bus ...makes sense in the context of an existing amateur league that doesn't want the expense of bus trips to play a team NOT on the Avalon East added to the mix.
If somebody suggests there is a bit of " payback" involved....I wouldn't doubt it.

chesterfriedchicken

Sun Oct 11, 2015 12:40 am

The Eye.. wrote:Well it is The Eye again, I Would like all fans to come out and Support the Ceebees Senor Team and the EXC this year,they are trying in every way possible to put a team together for you this year , they are working very very hard every minute of every day but seems like the AESHL is screwing them over every way possible what else is new HEY ... that is my opinion ...... what do you think .....

" They wan't us to pay for every Team bus that comes to our Stadium , They aloud each team to protect 35 players, dating back 10 years, didn't matter if a player ever played for them, if they drafted them 10 years ago they go protect them. They didn't allow us one player that we could protect from years ago. Told us we could only add players from our own area and had to draft the rest. Problem with that is, we couldn't draft any players because teams were aloud to protect 35, plus they automatically get their territoty players, so team like st Johns and Torbay have 100 players each that are their property that we can not have access too On top of not giving us one player that was previously carded with us in the aeshl, they told us we had to pick 5th. So we went into the draft with 12 players and 5th pick. Every other team went in with over 30 players players. They sent out one draft list, and then another one that was basically cut in half from team protecting these guys. For example, bell island protected a player that never played there ever. Torbay protected a Player because that mount pearl senior team that **** team that went in the league one year traded the rights to that player to torbay for a player. That Player was playing with clarenville and didn't even know this happened They should have never been aloud to protect these many guys Also, they told us we had the right to our territory players carded with other teams, for example Tyler Adams with bell island. We figured we could trade Tyler to bell island for a decent player because he wanted to stay there, we find out 2 days before the draft that if the players don't want to leave they don't have, Meanwhile, a Player wants to play with us, was last carded with us, but they won't give us that player because he is torbays territory

The Eye

Same rules as Southern Shore came back in to the league with, but they followed them and didn't whine about it. Guess what, they won 2 games the first year, and the league the next year. All I've ever heard you say was how loaded the region was with talented players. All 12 of them? Torbay gave the Ceebees 4 of their players this year, that were with them last year. I heard they whined when Chris Sparkes was drafted. He will look good on Mark Chaplins wing this year. Sparkes played all his minor hockey with Avalon in St. John's, why wouldn't they pick him? If he was the best available, they did the right thing.

Talking about things that shouldn't have been allowed, sorry 'aloud' in your case, if they didn't have enough players to play, they shouldn't have reapplied to play in the league. The Shore came back in with a full list of players to play. Rules are rules, but only some want to follow them.

chesterfriedchicken

Sun Oct 11, 2015 12:43 am

herder head wrote:Just read that CBN has acquired the rights to Kenny King. If it's the same Kenny KIng that played with Torbay a few years ago he should be a big help. He's a sniper and should be one the team's top forwards.
Spoke to one of the fellas involved with the Eagles and he said that Torbay didn't trade him, ceebees had nothing to offer them, wanted him for nothing after the eagles had already gave them Earle, Snow, Sparkes, and Dawe for nothing. He said Kenny King and Chris Ennis are playing in Torbay because they lost the Reid brothers to the caribous wallet.

catsfan200

Mon Oct 12, 2015 1:52 am

chesterfriedchicken wrote:
herder head wrote:Just read that CBN has acquired the rights to Kenny King. If it's the same Kenny KIng that played with Torbay a few years ago he should be a big help. He's a sniper and should be one the team's top forwards.
Spoke to one of the fellas involved with the Eagles and he said that Torbay didn't trade him, ceebees had nothing to offer them, wanted him for nothing after the eagles had already gave them Earle, Snow, Sparkes, and Dawe for nothing. He said Kenny King and Chris Ennis are playing in Torbay because they lost the Reid brothers to the caribous wallet.
The Kenny King this is posted on Ceebees Facebook page...
2011 Herder Champions
2014 Herder Champions
2015 Herder Champions
2016 Herder Champions
Go Cats Go!

Follow me on twitter @markie800200

Sam Boney

Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:02 am

chesterfriedchicken wrote:
I was really looking forward to getting back to following the AESHL this year. I had such high hopes when the CeeBees were accepted back this year, especially with the possibility of the Blades being back next year. It's obvious now that this league has turned into a real joke. It appears that Northeast continues to call all the shots in how this league operates and it seems that putting the screws to the CeeBees has become on obsession with them. Next year, if they are even accepted into the league, the Blades can probably expect the same treatment.

I truly believe this league has the potential to draw a good fan base, provided the executive can get past the type of childish crap they are presently using on the CeeBees. Unfortunately it seems that some people are more interested in settling old scores, as opposed to growing the league. I think I'll take a pass on that silliness and forget about the AESHL again this year. If I want to watch a senior hockey game I will continue to do what I did last year, take an occasional road trip to Clarenville, or take in a game in Grand Falls or Gander whenever I visit family in Lewisporte.

• Information