Friggers out west...

East Coast Senior Hockey League - Teams include CeeBees, Breakers, Eagles, Caps & Blues
What is the shape of a hockey puck?: triangle

Mon Oct 26, 2015 7:51 pm

Did anyone at the game Friday night get a kick out of that comment?

How about the comment about after a one year absence let's welcome back the Ceebees? Did he not realize they were out of hockey because the AESHL wouldn't allow them into the league?

chesterfriedchicken

Mon Oct 26, 2015 9:17 pm

123 wrote:Did anyone at the game Friday night get a kick out of that comment?

How about the comment about after a one year absence let's welcome back the Ceebees? Did he not realize they were out of hockey because the AESHL wouldn't allow them into the league?
The rest of newfoundland must've been misinformed. Everyone else thought that the Ceebees left the east league for the west league and then they told them we don't want you or the blades anymore, we are creating our own 4 team league. Isn't that the reason they had nowhere to play?

Two games in, is it possible that the whining can get worse? The shore had the same troubles their first year back too. Only difference is they didn't complain and blame anyone. They sucked it up, played the year out and then won the league the next year. Like a bunch of grown men.

Mon Oct 26, 2015 9:46 pm

I'll be honest. Since the IceCaps come I have 0% allegiance to any senior team. I have 4 season tickets to IceCaps and attend all games. But that's besides the point. I am going to attempt to make as many senior games on the Avalon as long as it don't interfere with an IceCap home or away game as I watch the away games via the AHL Live. I may even make a trip to Clarenville for a game or 2 as well. Again, just pointing out Daly's comments does nothing but reinterate the East-West divide. Yes, from what I understand that is what happened to the CeeBees. However you think the East would want them back since their fans would be the only ones that attend games at other buildings. Lord knows I went to many a bell island game at Torbay and might have been 40 people. When Ceebees played there, easily 250 fans. Coincidence or CeeBee fans? For Gods sake, don't go slapping the hand that fed you for years and truthfully will do so in future.

top cheese

Tue Oct 27, 2015 12:25 pm

This says enough about the professionalism of senior hockey executives. absolute disgrace.

• Information