Build through the draft?

East Coast Senior Hockey League - Teams include CeeBees, Breakers, Eagles, Caps & Blues
herder head

Tue Nov 10, 2015 10:03 pm

I didn't follow the league much the past few years because the CeeBees weren't in it but I find it amazing that the Shore went from an expansion team one season to league champs the next season. Chester said they built though the draft. Can chester or someone from the shore tell us how they were able to turn in around it so fast through the draft? How many drafts were there during the 2013-14 and 2014-15 seasons? At what positions did the Shore pick in those drafts? (As an expansion team in 2013 did they pick last in the pre-season draft as CBN did this season?) What players did they pick in those drafts?

Coming into this season most CeeBee fans knew we probably wouldn't go deep into the playoffs if we made it that far and would be satisfied as long as most of the games were close but so far most games have been blowouts. We need a bit of hope out here that the draft process will help us.

chesterfriedchicken
What is the shape of a hockey puck?: triangle

Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:21 pm

herder head wrote:I didn't follow the league much the past few years because the CeeBees weren't in it but I find it amazing that the Shore went from an expansion team one season to league champs the next season. Chester said they built though the draft. Can chester or someone from the shore tell us how they were able to turn in around it so fast through the draft? How many drafts were there during the 2013-14 and 2014-15 seasons? At what positions did the Shore pick in those drafts? (As an expansion team in 2013 did they pick last in the pre-season draft as CBN did this season?) What players did they pick in those drafts?

Coming into this season most CeeBee fans knew we probably wouldn't go deep into the playoffs if we made it that far and would be satisfied as long as most of the games were close but so far most games have been blowouts. We need a bit of hope out here that the draft process will help us.
Just to name a few of the players the shore selected in last years draft:

Doug Pippy
Mike Lee
Andrew Marshall
Jeremy Nicholas
Scott McCarthy
Mike Vaters

All impact players that won them a title last year. They picked first last year after finishing last the year before. Now that most of the west teams have their rosters filled, you will see some caliber hockey players maybe submit their names in the next aeshl draft looking for a place to play. All teams usually get one or two to help them. I think there were three drafts last year. I can't comment on the year before as I don't remember, but the blades folded and each team was able to add a couple players from the blades in a dispersal draft.

Slapshot

Thu Nov 12, 2015 10:01 pm

It would be interesting to know if the Shore drafted last in the year they re-entered the league and also will the CeeBees continue to draft last in the subsequent drafts this year.

chesterfriedchicken

Fri Nov 13, 2015 10:17 pm

Slapshot wrote:It would be interesting to know if the Shore drafted last in the year they re-entered the league and also will the CeeBees continue to draft last in the subsequent drafts this year.
Next draft is scheduled for the 24th on the AESHL website and it is rumored the Ceebees already got their pick done, before the draft even takes place. Greg Hoffe is supposedly putting his name in the draft. Now this sounds like a great move by the executive. Let them have a player that may put his name in, before the draft even takes place. The executive of the AESHL should give their head a shake. Never heard of a team being able to draft a player before the draft takes place in my life.

Ziggy

Fri Nov 13, 2015 10:54 pm

chesterfriedchicken wrote:
Slapshot wrote:It would be interesting to know if the Shore drafted last in the year they re-entered the league and also will the CeeBees continue to draft last in the subsequent drafts this year.
Next draft is scheduled for the 24th on the AESHL website and it is rumored the Ceebees already got their pick done, before the draft even takes place. Greg Hoffe is supposedly putting his name in the draft. Now this sounds like a great move by the executive. Let them have a player that may put his name in, before the draft even takes place. The executive of the AESHL should give their head a shake. Never heard of a team being able to draft a player before the draft takes place in my life.
You've been posting that the Ceebees need to patient and build their team through the draft. Now you're bitching because it's "rumoured" that they may be getting a pretty good player.....THROUGH THE DRAFT.

Obviously you'd like the blow-outs to continue but I'm sure most fans in the aeshl would rather see competitive hockey.

chesterfriedchicken

Sat Nov 14, 2015 6:31 am

Ziggy wrote:
You've been posting that the Ceebees need to patient and build their team through the draft. Now you're @#!*% because it's "rumoured" that they may be getting a pretty good player.....THROUGH THE DRAFT.

Obviously you'd like the blow-outs to continue but I'm sure most fans in the aeshl would rather see competitive hockey.
Everyone is in agreement that they need to get better. Nobody wants to go and watch a team lose 10-1 every night, opponents easing up after the second period. My point was that they should get better the same way the rest of the teams did, through the draft. According to the rumor, they are getting a player before the draft even takes place. That isn't through the draft. Bell Island wasn't allowed to take a player before the draft took place last year, nor were the shore allowed to take a player before any draft the year before. Both teams experienced some lopsided scores.

Preferential treatment in other words. Why? I guess if a Whinocerous whines enough, the zookeepers eventually give in.

Sam Boney

Sat Nov 14, 2015 11:55 am

Everyone is in agreement that they need to get better. Nobody wants to go and watch a team lose 10-1 every night, opponents easing up after the second period. My point was that they should get better the same way the rest of the teams did, through the draft. According to the rumor, they are getting a player before the draft even takes place. That isn't through the draft. Bell Island wasn't allowed to take a player before the draft took place last year, nor were the shore allowed to take a player before any draft the year before. Both teams experienced some lopsided scores.

Preferential treatment in other words. Why? I guess if a Whinocerous whines enough, the zookeepers eventually give in.
I don't know what the deal is on Hoffe and really, do you think that his presence on the blue line is going to all of a sudden make the CeeBees a contender? For **** sake man, get real. Your hatred of the CeeBees is obviously destroying any common sense you may have had. If you could only get beyond your bias you would admit that the return of the CeeBees is a good news story for the aeshl. I'm sure the CeeBees and their fans knew coming in that there would be some payback coming. They were right. It did, but you have to give the fans credit for sucking it up and still supporting their team, even though they have to endure blow-outs every game. While you are obviously enjoying that, rational fans realize that CeeBee fan support will only continue if they see some light at the end of the tunnel. If the AESHL executive members have decided to loosen the chains in an attempt to make them more competitive, then I say good on them. It will only serve to strengthen the league and increase attendance, in all rinks, even Torbay. It's ironic that you, of all people would call someone a Whinocerous, since whining is all you seem to do.

Hockey Eyes

Sat Nov 14, 2015 1:39 pm

You are right. Whatever the league has to do to get the CeeBees closer to the pack is fine by me. Hoffe would be one part of the puzzle for them. I'd be for that . Never mind the rules . The other league does that kind of stuff . Nuttin' wrong with it. IMO .
I liked the CeeBees because they try so hard. They could get a win tonight.

Gobreakers

Sat Nov 14, 2015 1:44 pm

Hockey Eyes wrote:You are right. Whatever the league has to do to get the CeeBees closer to the pack is fine by me. Hoffe would be one part of the puzzle for them. I'd be for that . Never mind the rules . The other league does that kind of stuff . Nuttin' wrong with it. IMO .
I liked the CeeBees because they try so hard. They could get a win tonight.
Here here! :ymapplause: :ymapplause:

Gomez

Sat Nov 14, 2015 9:40 pm

Preferential treatment in other words. Why? I guess if a Whinocerous whines enough, the zookeepers eventually give in.[/quote]

I think you are uninformed Chester and bell island has received help outside the draft in the past. FYI
Bell Island were given two players one year (Brandon Burry and Blair Adams) outside the draft. Two good hockey players. Blair unfortunately broke his leg during the season but I believe Burry is on their top line.

• Information