Not Fair

East Coast Senior Hockey League - Teams include CeeBees, Breakers, Eagles, Caps & Blues
Hockey Eyes
What is the shape of a hockey puck?: triangle

Sat Nov 28, 2015 7:56 am

I have to ask . The Northeast Eagles beat the CeeBee Stars 6-2 last night at the Jack Byrne Arena. It was more like a practice for the Eagles. They skated around and made nice passes. The game was close for almost two period.
The CeeBee Stars had twelve players dressed. How could they possible win. The game for them was surviving the shift. Here is the question . Is this fair to hockey fans? Should I pay money to watch a hockey team that has 11 or 12 skaters? That's a simple question . The whys or how comes don't matter. Exams , Christmas , work etc etc . The unfairness of the draft and protected players...all of that you know . I just have the question ....
" Is this fair to hockey fans ?"
Joey or Paddy or Dave can answer .. it's a simple question .

titan

Sat Nov 28, 2015 9:23 am

Hockey Eyes wrote:I have to ask . The Northeast Eagles beat the CeeBee Stars 6-2 last night at the Jack Byrne Arena. It was more like a practice for the Eagles. They skated around and made nice passes. The game was close for almost two period.
The CeeBee Stars had twelve players dressed. How could they possible win. The game for them was surviving the shift. Here is the question . Is this fair to hockey fans? Should I pay money to watch a hockey team that has 11 or 12 skaters? That's a simple question . The whys or how comes don't matter. Exams , Christmas , work etc etc . The unfairness of the draft and protected players...all of that you know . I just have the question ....
" Is this fair to hockey fans ?"
Joey or Paddy or Dave can answer .. it's a simple question .
Absolutely not fair. It looks like the old boys club is very much alive in Sr. Hockey in NL. Be it the west or the east the powers that be can't put such crazy restrictions on new teams, virtually unheard of the number of players that teams are allowed to protect, laughable actually.

On a side note I thought it was a done deal that Greg Hoffe was going to suit up in the AESHL? Didn't think that was going to happen but hey that's what HT is all about.

chesterfriedchicken

Sat Nov 28, 2015 11:25 am

Definitely not fair and it doesn't make sense. Showing up with 12-13 bodies and at the draft the other night they passed when there was players left in the draft. If you are short on bodies why not take whatever is there in the draft? Fans is paying money to go to the games expecting to see a hockey team not a half a team. Why would you pass and show up with 12? Guys put their names in looking for a game of hockey and they chose not to pick them and show up with 12. It really doesn't make sense. And I was told Hoffe was a done deal but he said he didn't want to play. They they begged the league to retract the draft pick and they took Mark Roebothan who apparently doesn't want to play either.

herder head

Sat Nov 28, 2015 4:29 pm

What's the story with Chris Ennis and Colin Feehan? Two fine hockey players who aren't playing anywhere. Are they are some team's protected list (and therefore not able to go in the draft) but want to play elsewhere?

catsfan200

Sat Nov 28, 2015 7:27 pm

chesterfriedchicken wrote:Definitely not fair and it doesn't make sense. Showing up with 12-13 bodies and at the draft the other night they passed when there was players left in the draft. If you are short on bodies why not take whatever is there in the draft? Fans is paying money to go to the games expecting to see a hockey team not a half a team. Why would you pass and show up with 12? Guys put their names in looking for a game of hockey and they chose not to pick them and show up with 12. It really doesn't make sense. And I was told Hoffe was a done deal but he said he didn't want to play. They they begged the league to retract the draft pick and they took Mark Roebothan who apparently doesn't want to play either.
Greg Hoffe with Cataracts tonight.
2011 Herder Champions
2014 Herder Champions
2015 Herder Champions
2016 Herder Champions
Go Cats Go!

Follow me on twitter @markie800200

Gomez

Sat Nov 28, 2015 10:39 pm

chesterfriedchicken wrote:Definitely not fair and it doesn't make sense. Showing up with 12-13 bodies and at the draft the other night they passed when there was players left in the draft. If you are short on bodies why not take whatever is there in the draft? Fans is paying money to go to the games expecting to see a hockey team not a half a team. Why would you pass and show up with 12? Guys put their names in looking for a game of hockey and they chose not to pick them and show up with 12. It really doesn't make sense. And I was told Hoffe was a done deal but he said he didn't want to play. They they begged the league to retract the draft pick and they took Mark Roebothan who apparently doesn't want to play either.
Torbay played a game this year with 12 on the bench
Southern Shore played a game this year with 11 players on the bench
Cee Bees played a game with 12

Thats just three examples from this year... This is common in this league as long as I remember....

noordinaryjoe

Sat Nov 28, 2015 10:54 pm

Guess it wasnt fair to see 11 players for the Breakers tonight either. Why did they pass on players in the draft if they could only ice 11 players tonight? I suppose they have a good reason unlike those darn Ceebees eh Chester?

Anyways, Ceebees get a big two points tonight! Gutsy effort that was applauded by the fans. The other teams in the league better not let the Ceebees in the playoffs because they could become trouble.

herder head

Sun Nov 29, 2015 1:02 am

Yes joe, add French, Sparkes, Earle and Roebothan to tonight's lineup and they're a team that could make a bit of noise in the first round if they made it that far.

Gobreakers

Sun Nov 29, 2015 1:46 pm

herder head wrote:Yes joe, add French, Sparkes, Earle and Roebothan to tonight's lineup and they're a team that could make a bit of noise in the first round if they made it that far.
I agree. There's no let up in that team, but there are some obvious weak links that other teams can easily exploit.

One player that impressed me last night, the two or three times he was on the ice, was #11. He didn't look injured so having him sit on the bench for most of the game seems like a poor coaching decision to me. Maybe there was a legitimate reason that I'm not aware of but it sure seemed odd sitting him, given the speed and talent he exhibited the couple times I saw him on the ice.

• Information