Game 7 AESHL Finals: Caps @ Eagles

East Coast Senior Hockey League - Teams include CeeBees, Breakers, Eagles, Caps & Blues
What is the shape of a hockey puck?: triangle

Tue Mar 15, 2016 11:25 pm

He's a clown.

Tue Mar 15, 2016 11:26 pm

Actually he's the guy that made NL look foolish on the national news due to his commotion within the SJJHL

herder head

Tue Mar 15, 2016 11:43 pm

Northeast must be poisoned, make it to the finals for the fifth or sixth year in a row only to lose again. Much like the Washington Capitals, have great regular seasons but can't get it done in the playoffs.

top cheese

Wed Mar 16, 2016 12:51 pm

I wonder how the Northeast/AESHL executive feels today about Northeast missing out on a Herder trip.

Seems like the past two years they have been of benefit to league rules/decisions as to who they pick up, protect, or acquire from players coming back from the west.

HockeyFan29

Wed Mar 16, 2016 12:54 pm

top cheese wrote:I wonder how the Northeast/AESHL executive feels today about Northeast missing out on a Herder trip.

Seems like the past two years they have been of benefit to league rules/decisions as to who they pick up, protect, or acquire from players coming back from the west.
It's great to see! Same as last a 3-2 lead in the series, then blowing the last two games. Awesome.

madness

Wed Mar 16, 2016 1:15 pm

herder head wrote:Northeast must be poisoned, make it to the finals for the fifth or sixth year in a row only to lose again. Much like the Washington Capitals, have great regular seasons but can't get it done in the playoffs.

Its called not playing as a team and playing individually. They have so many players protected and seem to always get the best talent but in my opinion from watching the 3-4 games in the series, the caps outworked and played as a team. They have one 4 of the past 5 championships for a reason, hard work and team work. Throw in decent coaching.

All starts do not make great teams look to the Yankees in baseball and Rangers in hockey from a few years back. On paper is on paper, on ice is on ice!! two different things

Hockey Eyes

Wed Mar 16, 2016 1:41 pm

The Eagles also hit two goal posts. It was anybody's game but just like in game 6 they fell behind early and were " chasing the game." The Eagles also have an edge over the other two teams in the league in goaltending but not the Caps. Downer is a good keeper and so is his back-up Bray.
The other thing is that there are a significant number of Eagles who are " veterans". In the end that might have been a factor . You get three or four guys nearing the end of a career and it is a bit much. You can beat anyone in sport except ...... The Time Keeper.
Having said that someone said , who used to be with HNL, said to me before game three that the Caps were a better team than the Eagles.
The Eagles I think would have been a better rep for the East with strengthening players because it would lighten the load on some of their veterans but the Caps certainly earned the spot.
The Caps are very much an amateur team and I doubt much they will pick up a whole load of players and sit down a lot of their regulars. There are good " hockey people" behind the Caps . The players will play their hearts out and as someone else observed.... they may not win but it won't be from lack of effort .
Advice to Grand Falls would be don't take them for granted ....and ... keep your heads up.

thelionsden

Wed Mar 16, 2016 2:27 pm

I suspect they will take them very serious...I'm expecting a hard hitting fast series.

ashorebet

Wed Mar 16, 2016 4:41 pm

herder head wrote:Northeast must be poisoned, make it to the finals for the fifth or sixth year in a row only to lose again. Much like the Washington Capitals, have great regular seasons but can't get it done in the playoffs.
Maybe a name change could get them over the hump?

Tomcod

Wed Mar 16, 2016 7:30 pm

Gotta laugh keep your head up lol .. the Flyers & Royals had the same game plan for the Cats & where did it get them ?? Dont the hockey experts know that there is no redline where the dmen can set up & get a scattered good hit ?? In this game today the players are flying through the netural zone & if a dman steps up to make a hit in the neutral zone he is caught out of position especially if he misses .. Look at the NHL ,AHL& ALL THE PRO LEAGUES THERE IS HARDLY ANY HITTING IN THE NETUAL ZONE because they move the puck so fast .. STAY TUNED ...

• Information