Northeast Eagles over Bell Island Blues

East Coast Senior Hockey League - Teams include CeeBees, Breakers, Eagles, Caps & Blues
Hockey Eyes
What is the shape of a hockey puck?: triangle

Fri Nov 18, 2016 11:11 pm

The Eagles looked sharp tonight . They were skating and their transition game which has been missing some nights was back, This is a home and home weekend for the Eagles and Blues and although it is still early in the season it is an important series. The score was three to one. out ....The game was closer than that. Bell Island hung in and weren't out of it despite 51 shots being rained in on their net.
Doug O'Brien was big for the Eagles and so was Murray Chaplin . Keeps his stick on the ice and knows where the puck is headed. those are tewo bi additions to the Eagles . Gale and Adams looked good for the Blues. The Eagles scored first , Bell Island tied it and then the Eagles got the next two. Penalties hurt Bell Island in the third. It kept them from getting a flow to their game. They survived a two man short situation.
The Eagles have Jason Picco and Doug O'Brien and Chris Mooney and Chris Sparkes and the Cadigan boys and Jeremy Kavanagh and Sean Wadden and Mark Yetman . I think they should be doing better in the league.
Small crowd last night .The usual crowd that go to the bar at the end of the rink were all down to Liddy's I think for a "Chase the Ace" thing that was on tonight . Funny how stuff works.
The return match on " The Iron Isle" is a biggie. I saw Dave Brazil at the game. He is a good hockey man. I saw an old school friend and some people from what was the Mount Pearl hockey organization.. Together we solved all of hockey's problems. Everyone says money is changing hands but nobody can name a player or an amount. The fries , by the way, were outstanding.

herder head

Sat Nov 19, 2016 11:56 am

Glad that O'Brien wasn't seriously injured in the Druken incident a couple of weeks back, he's a good addition to the league. Northeast has a strong team on paper, won't be surprised if they make a run for first place soon.

Heard that Druken played this past Monday. Did he appeal his suspension? If so he will likely be in Hr. Grace tonight for the game. Hope so, always enjoy watching him play, keeps things interesting.

• Information