For the Purpose of Discussion

East Coast Senior Hockey League - Teams include CeeBees, Breakers, Eagles, Caps & Blues
Hockey Eyes
What is the shape of a hockey puck?: triangle

Mon Nov 21, 2016 4:58 pm

If you want to talk some hockey for the purpose of discussion let me suggest the CeeBees , while off to a quick start< are a couple of bricks short of a load this year. Their top seven or eight are great ... but that won't do it. As another poster has suggested their defense is basically ...four ... and that also won't do it as the season wears on. There is a draft coming up in a couple of weeks and they need to improve. They are getting great crowds but they have lost their first game in regulation . The Eagles felt they were unlucky to have lost in Harbour Grace.

If you ask me and you certainly didn 't ....The Eagles will be there at the finish ...I know I have said that for a few years and for a few years they have been the best team in the league ....BUT...come up short. I have seen almopst all their games ... what a difference Doug O'Brien has made. They had several outstanding defencemen ..Now they have one more. The also have Murray Chaplin who suited up last weekend. Here is a veteran player who has decided ...he wants to play. The game I saw ...he fit right in . The game is simple if you go to the net.
Another addition worth mentioning is Alex Rogers. He doesn't get a lot of shifts but he is a " presence". He adds what the Eagles have been missing which is " grit".

The Caps have " grit" . Druken gives it to them. I didn't like the play that got him suspended it wasn't called for but he does provide leadership to the Caps. They are pretty good without Druken but come playoff time they ar3e tough and they are..the defending champs .. Great coaching ... great goaltending too.

That's three of the teams . I'll do the others when I get a chance. any team could win it this year.
I am really interested to see ... given the current situation , if any names of note are in the draft.

Newbie123

Mon Nov 21, 2016 5:29 pm

I hope the eagles win the east this year.

Goceebees

Mon Nov 21, 2016 9:51 pm

Hockey Eyes wrote:If you want to talk some hockey for the purpose of discussion let me suggest the CeeBees , while off to a quick start< are a couple of bricks short of a load this year. Their top seven or eight are great ... but that won't do it. As another poster has suggested their defense is basically ...four ... and that also won't do it as the season wears on. There is a draft coming up in a couple of weeks and they need to improve. They are getting great crowds but they have lost their first game in regulation . The Eagles felt they were unlucky to have lost in Harbour Grace.

If you ask me and you certainly didn 't ....The Eagles will be there at the finish ...I know I have said that for a few years and for a few years they have been the best team in the league ....BUT...come up short. I have seen almopst all their games ... what a difference Doug O'Brien has made. They had several outstanding defencemen ..Now they have one more. The also have Murray Chaplin who suited up last weekend. Here is a veteran player who has decided ...he wants to play. The game I saw ...he fit right in . The game is simple if you go to the net.
Another addition worth mentioning is Alex Rogers. He doesn't get a lot of shifts but he is a " presence". He adds what the Eagles have been missing which is " grit".

The Caps have " grit" . Druken gives it to them. I didn't like the play that got him suspended it wasn't called for but he does provide leadership to the Caps. They are pretty good without Druken but come playoff time they ar3e tough and they are..the defending champs .. Great coaching ... great goaltending too.

That's three of the teams . I'll do the others when I get a chance. any team could win it this year.
I am really interested to see ... given the current situation , if any names of note are in the draft.
I agree with you that the Ceebees are a bit weak on defence and that is a concern. However, just as you believe the Eagles will be there at the finish, I believe the same to be true for the Ceebees. As for the Eagles feeling they were unlucky to lose in Harbour Grace, I guess any team that loses in a shoot-out can say the same thing. I guess the lesson to be learned from that is your team needs to play better in regulation time to ensure that you don't have to depend on luck to win in the shoot-out.

superfan

Sat Nov 26, 2016 12:40 am

Get your T-4 forms ready the tax man is coming .

.... tax evasion is a serious offence .

herder head

Sat Nov 26, 2016 10:41 am

Matthew French could step into the CBN lineup right now and give them instant help on the back end and they wouldn't have to use a draft pick on him. Even if he played only a half dozen games he would be eligible for the playoffs.

The Bottom Line

Thu Dec 08, 2016 3:57 pm

superfan wrote:Get your T-4 forms ready the tax man is coming .

.... tax evasion is a serious offence .

[-( ........nope, not true, all lie$, didn't happen.....lol. I'm gonna try the same thing this tax season... :lol:

Hockey Eyes

Thu Dec 08, 2016 5:06 pm

I had a nice conversation with a member of the St. John's Caps this week. It was in a sporting goods store and I was looking at the skates. I didn't know him until then. I saw a pair of skates 1000 dollars. I asked him what made skates worth that much and he talked about material and durability. I asked him if he played and he said he played with the Caps .As it turns out I have been watching him since junior. I then asked him if he had paid that much for his skates . His skates actually were about 900 dollars, As to whether the team bought the skates the answer was a firm ...no. He said he loved playing hockey and that is all there was to it. .

HockeyFan29

Thu Dec 08, 2016 5:23 pm

Hockey Eyes wrote:I had a nice conversation with a member of the St. John's Caps this week. It was in a sporting goods store and I was looking at the skates. I didn't know him until then. I saw a pair of skates 1000 dollars. I asked him what made skates worth that much and he talked about material and durability. I asked him if he played and he said he played with the Caps .As it turns out I have been watching him since junior. I then asked him if he had paid that much for his skates . His skates actually were about 900 dollars, As to whether the team bought the skates the answer was a firm ...no. He said he loved playing hockey and that is all there was to it. .
Of all the teams in the East I have no problem in saying the St. John's Caps are not definitely not paying any players and standing by it.

Now who's gonna be the first loser from the West Coast forum going to come on here and attack your previous post Hockey Eyes and say "the tax man is coming"

Tomcod

Thu Dec 08, 2016 7:24 pm

Speaking of losers lol, the last time I looked the west won the herder and yes we all have to pay taxes .. stay tuned ...

Annonymous

Fri Dec 09, 2016 9:55 am

Hockey Eyes wrote:I had a nice conversation with a member of the St. John's Caps this week. It was in a sporting goods store and I was looking at the skates. I didn't know him until then. I saw a pair of skates 1000 dollars. I asked him what made skates worth that much and he talked about material and durability. I asked him if he played and he said he played with the Caps .As it turns out I have been watching him since junior. I then asked him if he had paid that much for his skates . His skates actually were about 900 dollars, As to whether the team bought the skates the answer was a firm ...no. He said he loved playing hockey and that is all there was to it. .

How f*#&ing rude are you? You said u didn't know this person so he was a stranger to you, yet you asked him how much money he makes? Did you also ask him how much money he makes at the sporting good store? How he invest his money?

Geez, I dunno why complete strangers think its okay to ask someone how much money they get paid.

Carl, how much money did you make in 2015? Where did you generate the majority of your income?

• Information