The Over all Picture ...

East Coast Senior Hockey League - Teams include CeeBees, Breakers, Eagles, Caps & Blues
User avatar
Newfie Red
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:41 pm
What colour is a puck?: black

Thu Mar 30, 2017 3:48 pm

The Eye.. wrote:Well itt is The Eye again ....
Stewart McCrae Sydney NS.,
Chad Earle GOULDS,NL
Kevin Reid Norman's Cove, NL
Ryan Desrosiers New Waterford, Cape Breton, NS
Parker Deighan Summerside, PE
Dustin Russell Clarenville, NL
Connor Donaghey St.John's, NL
Keith Delaney North River, NL
Mason Reid Normans Cove
Ryan Delaney North River, NL
Rodney Mahoney St.John's, NL
Brandon Roach Bay Roberts NL
Justin Pender St.John's, NL
Allan Power ?
Jordan Kennedy Labrador City,NL
Cody McNamara ?
Jason Churchill Hodge's Cove, NL
Tyler Whiffen Grand Falls-Windsor

The Cats didnt play AJ in the Allan Cup that was there situation we ofered the Delaneys a game but not enough money so we got Aj in the Draft and Sam Roberts in the Draft but like I said we will have a few players next season looking for a game when the west dont have any money or no league just saying ....


The Eye
Nice research, Eye. I rest my case.

Wayner
Posts: 71
Joined: Sat Mar 18, 2017 4:14 pm
What colour is a puck?: black

Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:54 pm

Sergio wrote:
Newfie Red wrote:
canonball wrote:Where is Sam Roberts from ,also where are the 6 pickups from ? I know that Conception Bay Area has some good hockey players but all teams have players from different areas .
Aren't Russell & Churchill the only players from Clarenville on the Bous? :?:
Churchill is not from Clarenville.

A big 'so what'. Not one ice cap is from St. John's, most of MUN varsity basketball and volleyball players are from away too.

User avatar
canonball
Posts: 7923
Joined: Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:21 pm
What colour is a puck?: black

Sat Apr 01, 2017 12:09 am

Don't worry about that they are playing with a variety pack . They don't even know who to cheer for . CB's , SS , or is it NE who is playing here ,,,,,,,ooooooo wait it is the aeshl all stars..Perhaps next week they might try and get a game with the junior league out there

123
Posts: 1787
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:46 am
What colour is a puck?: black

Sat Apr 01, 2017 8:40 am

canonball wrote:Don't worry about that they are playing with a variety pack . They don't even know who to cheer for . CB's , SS , or is it NE who is playing here ,,,,,,,ooooooo wait it is the aeshl all stars..Perhaps next week they might try and get a game with the junior league out there
Perhaps they should sure. Going out of business sign going up tonight after Caribous win it all?

top cheese
Posts: 443
Joined: Tue May 12, 2009 12:36 am
What colour is a puck?: black

Sat Apr 01, 2017 12:09 pm

I for one am sick of hearing this local vrs non local bickering. The fact of the matter is it becomes an issue when your hometown team is not the best or isn't winning when fans can make another excuse about players we should have. The reality is most local players who move on from their hometown team leave because of an issue with that team ( not having to do with money). Most teams in this province wouldn't have a team if they were locals so stop complaining.

For example we never heard cee bees fans complaining when they were winning the herder with Crann Kent halitiski fagan oake dyke and the other flatrock guys etc in there lineup. They certainly never complained picking up whiffeb this year and releasing a local goalie or watching Roberts play 3/4 of the game over local d.

Constant stuff like this from fans, administrators, and executives is why senior hockey never progresses and unstable in this province

123
Posts: 1787
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:46 am
What colour is a puck?: black

Sat Apr 01, 2017 12:12 pm

top cheese wrote:I for one am sick of hearing this local vrs non local bickering. The fact of the matter is it becomes an issue when your hometown team is not the best or isn't winning when fans can make another excuse about players we should have. The reality is most local players who move on from their hometown team leave because of an issue with that team ( not having to do with money). Most teams in this province wouldn't have a team if they were locals so stop complaining.

For example we never heard cee bees fans complaining when they were winning the herder with Crann Kent halitiski fagan oake dyke and the other flatrock guys etc in there lineup. They certainly never complained picking up whiffeb this year and releasing a local goalie or watching Roberts play 3/4 of the game over local d.

Constant stuff like this from fans, administrators, and executives is why senior hockey never progresses and unstable in this province
I agree with everything you say except the last part. I really believe senior hockey is fine and very stable in the AESHL.

geoela
Posts: 542
Joined: Thu Jun 25, 2009 4:03 pm
What colour is a puck?: black

Sat Apr 01, 2017 12:22 pm

top cheese wrote:I for one am sick of hearing this local vrs non local bickering. The fact of the matter is it becomes an issue when your hometown team is not the best or isn't winning when fans can make another excuse about players we should have. The reality is most local players who move on from their hometown team leave because of an issue with that team ( not having to do with money). Most teams in this province wouldn't have a team if they were locals so stop complaining.

For example we never heard cee bees fans complaining when they were winning the herder with Crann Kent halitiski fagan oake dyke and the other flatrock guys etc in there lineup. They certainly never complained picking up whiffeb this year and releasing a local goalie or watching Roberts play 3/4 of the game over local d.

Constant stuff like this from fans, administrators, and executives is why senior hockey never progresses and unstable in this province

Now that is a post!!! Bang on top cheese. Awesome.

top cheese
Posts: 443
Joined: Tue May 12, 2009 12:36 am
What colour is a puck?: black

Sat Apr 01, 2017 12:58 pm

123 wrote:
top cheese wrote:I for one am sick of hearing this local vrs non local bickering. The fact of the matter is it becomes an issue when your hometown team is not the best or isn't winning when fans can make another excuse about players we should have. The reality is most local players who move on from their hometown team leave because of an issue with that team ( not having to do with money). Most teams in this province wouldn't have a team if they were locals so stop complaining.

For example we never heard cee bees fans complaining when they were winning the herder with Crann Kent halitiski fagan oake dyke and the other flatrock guys etc in there lineup. They certainly never complained picking up whiffeb this year and releasing a local goalie or watching Roberts play 3/4 of the game over local d.

Constant stuff like this from fans, administrators, and executives is why senior hockey never progresses and unstable in this province
I agree with everything you say except the last part. I really believe senior hockey is fine and very stable in the AESHL.
I don't agree.....senior hockey in this province has never had stability. The AESHL might think they do but that can change rather quickly.

1) Currently Bell Island is extremely weak and cant get near a full roster of players to a game or practise for that matter.
2) There's talk of adding two expansion teams - which wont be competitive against the established teams for a long time.
3) How many AESHL teams have come and gone over the years? Outer Cove's, Bay Roberts, Pouch Coves etc. How many times has CBN or the Shore entered and folded and entered again.
4) the league has executives who manipulate the rules of the league to benefit there own teams
5) you have a league executive who has pretty much had a smear campaign against the west coast over the years because they have been able to have better hockey and attract better players who for some reason the aeshl believes they have rights to have
6) Two teams sued your league executive
7) There has been no cooperation with other senior hockey leagues.
8) three-four years ago the AESHL

Depends on weather your definition of stability is just having teams who are going to play next year. Or weather or not your going to have a league that serves the all best interests of the game. Senior hockey has been proven volatile in this province so the same people who might laugh at others misfortunes might eat their own words rather quickly.

top cheese
Posts: 443
Joined: Tue May 12, 2009 12:36 am
What colour is a puck?: black

Sat Apr 01, 2017 1:01 pm

geoela wrote:
top cheese wrote:I for one am sick of hearing this local vrs non local bickering. The fact of the matter is it becomes an issue when your hometown team is not the best or isn't winning when fans can make another excuse about players we should have. The reality is most local players who move on from their hometown team leave because of an issue with that team ( not having to do with money). Most teams in this province wouldn't have a team if they were locals so stop complaining.

For example we never heard cee bees fans complaining when they were winning the herder with Crann Kent halitiski fagan oake dyke and the other flatrock guys etc in there lineup. They certainly never complained picking up whiffeb this year and releasing a local goalie or watching Roberts play 3/4 of the game over local d.

Constant stuff like this from fans, administrators, and executives is why senior hockey never progresses and unstable in this province
isn't the pride and joy from the Cee Bees history ( Faulkners) from Bishops Falls as well?

teams and fans should be more concerned about creating an environment where there best locals want to stay and play for their home town team rather then complaining about who plays with other teams

Now that is a post!!! Bang on top cheese. Awesome.

thelionsden
Posts: 1366
Joined: Sat May 02, 2009 11:19 am
What colour is a puck?: black

Sat Apr 01, 2017 1:10 pm

I agree Cheese..."IF" the Central league ceases operation next year, it will not be for long. People in these areas love their senior hockey... not just the playoffs...yes their are more fans for playoff games..but getting 6-800 fans during the regular season in places like GFW and Clarenville with must more smaller populations than the teams from the Avalon can draw just shows the compassion hockey fans have here.

This sense of entitlement of..Player X belongs to Team Y....is nothing but crap. If player X decides he wants to play in Clarenville, GFW or Gander that's there choice...if Player X wants to play in N.B or in Ontario... that's there choice. You/We as fans do not get to decide where player X plays...that's his choice.

Post Reply
  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 3 guests