LACK OF INTEREST

East Coast Senior Hockey League - Teams include CeeBees, Breakers, Eagles, Caps & Blues
just watch
What is the shape of a hockey puck?: triangle

Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:10 am

I know they are not known as AESHL now but is there any hockey being played in the east now or is it that nobody as the interest to post updates or even results.Seems like without the cee bees this league is not even heard tell of -- maybe not enough fans at the game or at home to care what goes on.
Cant wait until they play the Central /West or will the CW go easy on them to keep certain people happy -- we'll have to wait and see.

Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:06 am

They have a website with updated scores and schedule listed.

top cheese

Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:18 pm

Imagine.....with all the nonsense that has gone on. If HNL could have one senior "league"

Central Division

GF
GAN
CLAR

East Division

CBN
STJ
MtP/Paradise/ETC

Under the same territorial, draft rules......and with the same interlocking play schedule. Then perhaps within a year or two the WEst could have a three team division under the same conditions and interlocking play. What great hockey the communities could have.

mr.hockey

Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:05 pm

I can't see HNL doing that because it makes sence... And if it makes sence then HNL aint iinto that ****... If it doesn't make sence then count them in...Im a coach and no im not a ceebees fan im a hockey fan who has coached and dealth with those people for years....TIME TO CLEAN HOUSE AND MOVE FORWARD...if we don't clean house and you've done what you've always done you will get what you always got...

dtalbot

Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:22 am

From what I am seeing on this website there is plenty of interest and passion about senior hockey in the province. Everyone is pointing the finger at some of the BS that has gone on this past summer. As fans you need to let HNL know what you think. Start sending emails to them and tell them you are not happy with the current situation. The HNL website list an email of office@hockeynl.ca If they start losing fans; they start losing teams that pay them money to keep their jobs. I live in Massachusetts and thought we had passionate fans here in Boston Bruins fans but what you have up there is special. It is your friends and neighbours in many cases playing on these teams. The AHL is gone and logistically it probably won't be coming back and the ECHL is probably just a pipe dream. I've heard the passion of the people that love hockey on the island. Let the people that are running the sport in the province know that they are killing the game for the people.

Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:51 am

The talk in St. John's these days is an ECHL will play out of Mile One starting Fall 2018. Rumours it will be the ECHL affiliate of the Montreal Canadiens. I am not sure if I can support the ECHL with season tickets as I had for the AHL and the QMJHL but I will be attending quite a few games all the same. Speaking of QMJHL the talk is they want no part of Newfoundland.

Funny thing is prior to the Q coming here NLers would often go to the OHL and get a shot at the NHL. Since they've been going to the Q, hardly a NLer being developed for NHL.

Flyer24

Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:12 pm

Hopefully this pans out, as this is good hockey. Much better chance of having some locals in the line-up as well.

Hockey Eyes

Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:45 am

just watch wrote:
Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:10 am
I know they are not known as AESHL now but is there any hockey being played in the east now or is it that nobody as the interest to post updates or even results.Seems like without the cee bees this league is not even heard tell of -- maybe not enough fans at the game or at home to care what goes on.
Cant wait until they play the Central /West or will the CW go easy on them to keep certain people happy -- we'll have to wait and see.
There is one team in the east stronger than the others this year.for a variety of reasons. It's important to remember that this league doesn't stand or fall on fan support. It is a game of amateur hockey for a lot of players . They aren't playing hockey for money to pay down their Visa. The CWSHL is much stronger than the east league BUT...
don't make the fatal flaw of underestimating the St. John's Capitals.....assuming they win the east. You saw the results of the games they played in the interlocking schedule...close games. Give them the three strengthening players that HNL has deemed appropriate and you have a pretty fair hockey team. Last year the was talk of the east not getting within ten goals of the CWSHL and the next thing you know the CeeBees are skating around with The Herder. Forget the goal that went in at the side of the net.... the CeeBees were far stronger than you thought they would be.
Watch out for the Caps .......

Flyer24

Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:33 pm

Be honest Hockey Eyes, the CeeBees rode AJ for 3 games.

Oh just a fan

Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:19 pm

I still think the 3 players are a joke.

• Information