Playoffs

East Coast Senior Hockey League - Teams include CeeBees, Breakers, Eagles, Caps & Blues
Flyer24
What is the shape of a hockey puck?: triangle

Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:27 am

But i thought it was the longest standing and best league in NL? Might improve next year, asuming most of the guys from this league decide to play. Thats a big if though from what I have been hearing. Alot of retirements planned come April haha

AEfan

Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:37 pm

Caps (1st) vs Blues (4th)
Breakers (2nd) vs. Eagles (3rd)

There is an apparent (convenient) conflict with the availability of Jack Byrne Arena and time sensitive to get round 1 completed on time. So SS agreed to play game 1 Friday rather than game 2 next week. I believe they get game 4 and if necessary game 5 are up the Shore

Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:44 pm

Flyer24 wrote:
But i thought it was the longest standing and best league in NL? Might improve next year, asuming most of the guys from this league decide to play. Thats a big if though from what I have been hearing. Alot of retirements planned come April haha
Lol...I doubt there are a lot of retirements because the Central West **** the bed the past few seasons and essentially collapsing in about 10 more games plus a Herder series. Those players, especially those living on the Avalon, will look for a game of hockey. They love the game, they love the brotherhood, etc etc. They’ll play, make it down. Such foolishness. And if they don’t play, frig ‘em but I expect the majority to play.

Ziggy

Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:26 pm

123 wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:44 pm
Flyer24 wrote:
Lol...I doubt there are a lot of retirements because the Central West **** the bed the past few seasons and essentially collapsing in about 10 more games plus a Herder series. Those players, especially those living on the Avalon, will look for a game of hockey. They love the game, they love the brotherhood, etc etc. They’ll play, make it down. Such foolishness. And if they don’t play, frig ‘em but I expect the majority to play.
I have to agree with you on that 123. Why would the players retire? Because they may not get paid in the east league? Well a paying west league won't be an option so I guess they have one of 4 choices; play in the east for no money, play in a beer league for no money, leave the province if they can find a team to pay them or just quit hockey. I'm guessing that most players will be choosing door #1.

Oh just a fan

Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:15 pm

Im guessing your both correct. You will definitely get players who will play out there for free. Then you’ll get some go away somewhere and play. But you will also get some retirements. Mike Brent called it a career last season. But then came back this year to help the Cats out.

If the ECHL comes to St John’s will any of these players make that team? The Fog Devils opened the door for some JR players back in the day.

Gobreakers

Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:15 pm

Just so I'm not totally off subject here I'll start by saying that in my neck of the woods I sense very little to no interest in the aeshl playoffs. There seems to be more interest in the possibility of the new league starting up next season, although there is a lot of confusion and frustration with the talk that the Breakers won't be part of it.

i think it's time for the Breaker's executive to get beyond whatever petty agenda influenced them to be part the decision to cut the CeeBees adrift. Accept the fact that it was a mistake that ended up turning away fans and players from the team. If there's a spot available for them in the new league, why not take it? No disrespect to the Caribous or their fans but having the Southern Shore represented in this league makes a lot more sense than Clarenville being there.

Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:31 pm

Oh just a fan wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:15 pm
Im guessing your both correct. You will definitely get players who will play out there for free. Then you’ll get some go away somewhere and play. But you will also get some retirements. Mike Brent called it a career last season. But then came back this year to help the Cats out.

If the ECHL comes to St John’s will any of these players make that team? The Fog Devils opened the door for some JR players back in the day.
ECHL will not come to the capital city due to the Edge group causing a fiasco and bringing in arbitration. Might come in 2019 but not 2018
Last edited by 123 on Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:36 pm

Gobreakers wrote:
Just so I'm not totally off subject here I'll start by saying that in my neck of the woods I sense very little to no interest in the aeshl playoffs. There seems to be more interest in the possibility of the new league starting up next season, although there is a lot of confusion and frustration with the talk that the Breakers won't be part of it.

i think it's time for the Breaker's executive to get beyond whatever petty agenda influenced them to be part the decision to cut the CeeBees adrift. Accept the fact that it was a mistake that ended up turning away fans and players from the team. If there's a spot available for them in the new league, why not take it? No disrespect to the Caribous or their fans but having the Southern Shore represented in this league makes a lot more sense than Clarenville being there.
This season is essentially a write off. I’m not sure the 4 executives of the ECSHL knew the gong show they would create. You know it’s bad when I’m cheering for whoever wins the CWSHL to pound the living piss and snot out of the ECSHL winner on the scoreboard.

Anyways, hoping with the CWSHL folding and the potential for a better East League next season that all give their heads a shake and start fresh. Hold no grudges and move forward. Let the past be the past.

HockeyFan29

Fri Feb 23, 2018 7:24 pm

Gobreakers wrote:

Very well said. This season has been an absolute gong show, I hope the Shore ice a team next year and a quality team at that. With the quality of players from the Goulds (who would be territorial picks for the Breakers) that may not have a game next seasons like Rodi Short, Chad Earle, Steve Brazil, Andrew Brennan plus the guys who didn’t or barely played this year like Shane Boland, Andrew Gale they should be able to compete with any team next season. Unless the Cee Bee’s start throwing around ridiculous amounts of money which is a big possibility I’m hoping for a good league next year.

• Information