Blues and Breakers Win Playoff Openers

East Coast Senior Hockey League - Teams include CeeBees, Breakers, Eagles, Caps & Blues
Hockey Eyes
What is the shape of a hockey puck?: triangle

Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:18 pm

A big upset in game one of the playoffs. The fourth place Conception Bay South Blues beat the runaway league leaders St. John's Caps in game on of their playoff round. 2-1 was the the final . The Blues led 1 to 0 for a large part of the game. I watched the Blue nick the Caps last week in a close game and figured it was a fluke. I figured wrong..... Game two is Sunday up in Conception Bay at the Blue new rink ...I'll be there ... come on up . The puck drops at 8 o'clock

Meanwhile at the Jack Byrne the Southern Shore Breakers beat the Northeast Eagles . It was 5-2 when I left with a minute to go . It was a better game than the score. It was tied at 1-1 with ten seconds left in the second. Before one minute had ticked off in the third it was 4-1 Breakers. They got a goal with two seconds left in the second period and scored two more in the first minute of the third,. The Breakers at one point outshot the Eagles 45 to 19. They look like a pretty nice little team. Skate miles... well coached.... good transition

Good game though...... the fries ...were excellent. ....

• Information