Both Series Tied

East Coast Senior Hockey League - Teams include CeeBees, Breakers, Eagles, Caps & Blues
Hockey Eyes
What is the shape of a hockey puck?: triangle

Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:58 am

It was double overtime " down the Shore" on Sunday night as the Northeast Eagles defeated the Southern Shore Breakers 3-2 . It was tied at two after regulation . Nothing in the first overtime before the Eagles won it. I had kind of thought that might have been a short series... well I got that wrong .
Meanwhile on home ice the Caps defeated the Conception Bay South Labatts Blues 8-6. That series now ties at one game each to the surprise of some. The Blues are giving the Caps much more trouble than was anticipated.
A scheduling issue means the next Eagles -Breakers game is this Wednesday evening at eight o'clock . Come on down and enjoy the series. As McLaren used to say ... the puck drops at eight.

gamer750

Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:21 am

how is the attendance so far ??

Hockey Eyes

Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:52 am

gamer750 wrote:
Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:21 am
how is the attendance so far ??
Just awful. nobody at the games I saw Wives girlfriends and parents. The players though really seem to like it. That's why the league exists...to give a game of amateur hockey to a lot of hockey players...IMO the league is not as strong as last year but ...is a better league.
A good example is the Eagles...they lost a lot of players and filled up the roster with players let go by other teams ... now when they win a game it is a BIG deal. That is what amateur hockey is all about and that is what the old AESHL was about. In this thinking I may be in the minority...

Oh just a fan

Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:23 pm

The players really seem to like only having family and friends there? I mean I’m sure their ok with it, but I bet they’d like for more fans to be there.

Hockey Eyes

Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:51 pm

Oh just a fan wrote:
Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:23 pm
The players really seem to like only having family and friends there? I mean I’m sure their ok with it, but I bet they’d like for more fans to be there.

I meant they liked the game not the fact there was nobody there. Looking at what I wrote i didn't express that very well. .. my bad.

Now if I could only figure when the next Eagles / Breakers games is. The ECSHL site says in one place its is Wednesday at 8 at the Jack Byrne...in another place on the same page its says Friday at 8 at the Jack Byrne....can't be both ...

gamer750

Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:06 am

Torbay this Wednesday @ 8 Jack Byrne
Shore this Fri @ 7:45, and Sun @7 Southern Shore Arena

Hockey Eyes

Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:38 am

gamer750 wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:06 am
Torbay this Wednesday @ 8 Jack Byrne
Shore this Fri @ 7:45, and Sun @7 Southern Shore Arena

Tks .......that fits with a Wed game an then two in a row up the shore....

• Information