Caps- Blues ...What a Game!!!

East Coast Senior Hockey League - Teams include CeeBees, Breakers, Eagles, Caps & Blues
Hockey Eyes
What is the shape of a hockey puck?: triangle

Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:13 pm

The St. John's Caps were supposed to make quick work of the Conception Bay
South Blues but tonight the Blues beat the Caps to tie their series at two games each. There was only one goal in the game with six or seven minutes left in the third. The 1-0 win was a fair enough result... Jenkins was great in net for the Blues . Bray was just is good for the Caps.
Murphy got the winner for the Blues ...a rush and a shot ..a rebound another shot and...Murphy sneaks in AND.... back of the net . The crowd went wild .. (such as it was). The 50/50 was three hundred bucks.
Real good action up and down . Lots of chances.. The Blues weren't in awe of the Caps who won the league easily.
One thing of interest is that the Blues play dump and chase hockey as a technique rather than a once in a while thing. It was effective against the Caps ... not sure why.
The Caps had some bad luck with two minutes left in the game. They picked up a high sticking penalty that had to be called but was really accidental but that's hockey.
The fries were good . Hockey is a great game. .

AEfan

Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:17 am

Hockey Eyes wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:13 pm
The St. John's Caps were supposed to make quick work of the Conception Bay
South Blues but tonight the Blues beat the Caps to tie their series at two games each. There was only one goal in the game with six or seven minutes left in the third. The 1-0 win was a fair enough result... Jenkins was great in net for the Blues . Bray was just is good for the Caps.
Murphy got the winner for the Blues ...a rush and a shot ..a rebound another shot and...Murphy sneaks in AND.... back of the net . The crowd went wild .. (such as it was). The 50/50 was three hundred bucks.
Real good action up and down . Lots of chances.. The Blues weren't in awe of the Caps who won the league easily.
One thing of interest is that the Blues play dump and chase hockey as a technique rather than a once in a while thing. It was effective against the Caps ... not sure why.
The Caps had some bad luck with two minutes left in the game. They picked up a high sticking penalty that had to be called but was really accidental but that's hockey.
The fries were good . Hockey is a great game. .
Not sure what game you were watching Carl but the one I watched had maybe a handful of chances combined for both teams. Slap shots from the point on these goalies aren’t considered ‘good chances’. They are too good especially with the bigger ice. One more thing, your man crush on the Caps got to stop. They haven’t won this series let alone the league yet like you mentioned above. Hopefully you had a DD with you at the game b/c you must have had a couple

Gomez

Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:55 am

Caps team is no better than is was last year. League is just weaker in general. They ran up scores on teams with short benches. IF they get to the herder finals I suspect it will look a lot like the herder finals two years ago.

Hockey Eyes

Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:51 pm

Gomez wrote:
Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:55 am
Caps team is no better than is was last year. League is just weaker in general. They ran up scores on teams with short benches. IF they get to the herder finals I suspect it will look a lot like the herder finals two years ago.
It is a weaker league this year and I suspect you are right the final will look like the final of a couple of years ago. Still the Caps only lost three games this year but it was against a league that is " weaker". Still I was impressed that they have lost two games of a series already to the Blues. I do expect them to win though and go to win the league title but go nowhere against the Caribous or the Flyers ...even with three strengthening players.. .

• Information