Can the Breakers Bounce Back

East Coast Senior Hockey League - Teams include CeeBees, Breakers, Eagles, Caps & Blues
Seniorfan
What is the shape of a hockey puck?: triangle

Mon Apr 08, 2019 2:33 pm

The Breakers lost a couple of tough ones at home on the weekend which obviously puts them in a big hole heading to GFW this weekend. However it looked liked they outplayed the Cataracts through long stretches in both games but just had trouble scoring after taking the 3-1 lead in Game one. Will a smaller ice surface benefit either team? Seems like both teams got good goaltending so I don't think that's a factor. What will it take for the Breakers to get back in this? Is it just a matter of continuing to do what they do and hope they get a little more luck? Didn't seem like that had much of that on the weekend. Thoughts?

NLEastHockeyFan

Mon Apr 08, 2019 2:55 pm

Seniorfan wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 2:33 pm
The Breakers lost a couple of tough ones at home on the weekend which obviously puts them in a big hole heading to GFW this weekend. However it looked liked they outplayed the Cataracts through long stretches in both games but just had trouble scoring after taking the 3-1 lead in Game one. Will a smaller ice surface benefit either team? Seems like both teams got good goaltending so I don't think that's a factor. What will it take for the Breakers to get back in this? Is it just a matter of continuing to do what they do and hope they get a little more luck? Didn't seem like that had much of that on the weekend. Thoughts?
The semi-professional Cats will finish this series off in 4 games this weekend. The Breakers don’t have the star power to go up against the highly paid Cataracts big guns. This weekend we will see one of the same 3 teams hoist the Herder for the 14th year. When will things change? When will HNL do something about the money being paid out by the Cats?

A Southern Shore Herder win this year would have been such a great story.

A CBS Herder win would be great for hockey. Imagine the excited that could been built for senior hockey in one of the fastest growing and largest towns in the province. Did anyone see the crowd at game 7 of the junior championship?

But instead we get to see the semi-pro Cats win once again. Things have to change.

thelionsden

Mon Apr 08, 2019 3:06 pm

I thought the same thing Seniorfan, Watching it from the confines on my rec room this weekend was a bit different, 1st Herder games I've missed live. I think the Cats had a few breaks by pucks hitting the wrong side of the posts and just squeaking by the net.
Both goalies played the ay I expected, A.J. looked a bit rusty from the start of game one, but settled in their after. Yetmen played well all weekend, the only goal I think he'd like to have back was the Wicks goal from the bad angle. other than that he played well.

Hopefully the Cats will have a full line up this weekend and in my opinion they missed Dalley this past weekend, I've been impressed with his play this season, probably the player who has exceeded what the coaches were looking for from him. good players don't always show up on the score sheet.

As for the Breakers, I was really impressed with Nicholas and Cadigan, to beauties right there. Tibbo and Hodge also impressed me as well.

Should be some good hockey this weekend, Game 3 is crucial for both team.

NLEastHockeyFan

Mon Apr 08, 2019 4:39 pm

thelionsden wrote:
I thought the same thing Seniorfan, Watching it from the confines on my rec room this weekend was a bit different, 1st Herder games I've missed live. I think the Cats had a few breaks by pucks hitting the wrong side of the posts and just squeaking by the net.
Both goalies played the ay I expected, A.J. looked a bit rusty from the start of game one, but settled in their after. Yetmen played well all weekend, the only goal I think he'd like to have back was the Wicks goal from the bad angle. other than that he played well.

Hopefully the Cats will have a full line up this weekend and in my opinion they missed Dalley this past weekend, I've been impressed with his play this season, probably the player who has exceeded what the coaches were looking for from him. good players don't always show up on the score sheet.

As for the Breakers, I was really impressed with Nicholas and Cadigan, to beauties right there. Tibbo and Hodge also impressed me as well.

It’s going to be a four game sweep for the high paid stars of the CWSHL. It would have been nice and refreshing to see a young Southern Shore team win the Herder, but instead we’re going to see the same crap we’ve been seeing the last 13 years.

superfan

Mon Apr 08, 2019 4:45 pm

As I said before, have faith in our Breakers . I think they can turn this series around, and win the Herder at the Jack in front of a packed house :ymapplause:

superfan

Mon Apr 08, 2019 4:46 pm

…. just cause she is taking on a little water , don't stop bailing :)

Seniorfan

Mon Apr 08, 2019 9:42 pm

NLEastHockeyFan wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 4:39 pm
thelionsden wrote:

It’s going to be a four game sweep for the high paid stars of the CWSHL. It would have been nice and refreshing to see a young Southern Shore team win the Herder, but instead we’re going to see the same crap we’ve been seeing the last 13 years.
Haha

CCFAN-dbs

Mon Apr 08, 2019 10:05 pm

The Breakers can bounce back. The question is ‘will they?’
Go BOUS Go!

Mon Apr 08, 2019 11:41 pm

Simple answer to the question in the subject line: No

superfan

Tue Apr 09, 2019 5:58 am

123 wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 11:41 pm
Simple answer to the question in the subject line: No

Why not , I think if they can get a grip om those rebounds ,they can do it no problem .

• Information