DEAL STRUCK WITH CEEBEES THERE WILL BE HOCKEY

East Coast Senior Hockey League - Teams include CeeBees, Breakers, Eagles, Caps & Blues
wingsdiehard
What is the shape of a hockey puck?: triangle

Fri Nov 08, 2019 6:35 am

Sources say the ECHL teams and the CBN Ceebee Stars reached a deal late last evening that will see all 6 teams come together in one league. More details to come today but we will have hockey this winter with the season set to get underway Nov 15th.

royalcat

Fri Nov 08, 2019 11:34 am

If a deal is done I guess the Cat's and Flyer's are done?

gamer750

Fri Nov 08, 2019 2:15 pm

so does this mean CEEBEES got thier way ?

geoela

Fri Nov 08, 2019 3:50 pm

I’m guessing this still has to be passed by HNL. Amazing how the 2 top fan drawing teams in the province are getting shut down.

ECSHLFan2019

Fri Nov 08, 2019 3:56 pm

geoela wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 3:50 pm
I’m guessing this still has to be passed by HNL. Amazing how the 2 top fan drawing teams in the province are getting shut down.
That’s the price you pay for buying Herders. No one wants to deal with those two teams and now they’re without a game of hockey.

Seniorfan

Fri Nov 08, 2019 7:34 pm

What s stupid comment. The Cataracts didn't "buy" any Herders and Flyers didn't even win any. You do realize there's been a draft in the CWSHL for about three past decade to prevent teams from "buying" players right? In fact a number of key players in the Cataracts lineup were drafted AFTER other teams passed on them, including Wicks, Bussey, McGuirk and Lindstrom. The Cataracts "built" their team through hard work. They didn't buy a GD thing. Now the teams out east want to be Senior A and play for a provincial championship without doing any of that hard work. They want to dictate who they will and won't play against. Like I said, a nice cozy arrangement. HNL needs to take a stand in favor of a true provincial championship. This is disgusting.

ECSHLFan2019

Fri Nov 08, 2019 8:25 pm

Seniorfan wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 7:34 pm
What s stupid comment. The Cataracts didn't "buy" any Herders and Flyers didn't even win any. You do realize there's been a draft in the CWSHL for about three past decade to prevent teams from "buying" players right? In fact a number of key players in the Cataracts lineup were drafted AFTER other teams passed on them, including Wicks, Bussey, McGuirk and Lindstrom. The Cataracts "built" their team through hard work. They didn't buy a GD thing. Now the teams out east want to be Senior A and play for a provincial championship without doing any of that hard work. They want to dictate who they will and won't play against. Like I said, a nice cozy arrangement. HNL needs to take a stand in favor of a true provincial championship. This is disgusting.
Like I said the Cataracts have bought multiple Herders and now they don’t have a place to play and no one wants to do business with them or the Flyers, seems like they made their own bed. Also, geography isn’t on your side, the reason the six team ECSHL will work is because guys don’t want to be gone all weekend, instead they can hop on a bus and the furthest they have to travel is to Clarenville and Harbour Grace and they get to go home to their families and sleep in their own bed after every game. It’s unfortunate for the Cats and Flyers how this worked out but c’est la vie.

royalcat

Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:11 pm

Are you sure that the Cat’s and Flyer’s are out?😉

ECSHLFan2019

Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:16 pm

royalcat wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:11 pm
Are you sure that the Cat’s and Flyer’s are out?😉
Don’t know what they are doing either way. If we can have a league or leagues with the Cats and Flyers involved on a level playing field then I’m all for it but if it’s a case of the Cats and Flyers icing teams with payrolls well over $100,000 as per their usual practice and buying another Herder in the Cats case then I hope they don’t find a game.

srhockeyfan14

Sat Nov 09, 2019 12:23 am

It's time HNL take control of this so called senior league and bring all these teams together to bring senior hockey to the next level in this province, and make the teams travel to play or get out. Another beginning to the end of a good thing. Shame on you HNL.

• Information