Former Central-West Players

East Coast Senior Hockey League - Teams include CeeBees, Breakers, Eagles, Caps & Blues
What is the shape of a hockey puck?: triangle

Thu Nov 28, 2019 7:47 pm

Is there a contingency plan in place for any players from the Cataracts or Flyers looking for a game in the ECSHL? When is the next draft? Do those players need a release even though there isn’t a season? Would those players be loaned in the event the CWSHL is revived in future? I’m guessing they could play for their ECSHL territorial team? Things could get interesting over the next few weeks.

thelionsden

Fri Nov 29, 2019 12:07 pm

Last I heard was the East Teams had a change of heart and contacted HNL to come back to the table. My understanding of why is this: The east needs the Herder Money to operate there Season from year to year, So they have been saying for years and I believe this to be true. So with no Herder this year, there will be no $$$ for operating cost.

I heard this earlier the week, I thought there would have been some movement on it by now, but nothing has been announced. I know the Cataracts and Flyers have been working hard behind the scenes as well as HNL to keep hockey going in Central.

Fri Nov 29, 2019 1:44 pm

Man, people need to get their sh!t together. Don’t they know it’s almost December 01. We are used to them taking it down to the wire but this is ludicrous here now.

The Bottom Line

Fri Nov 29, 2019 2:35 pm

Stay tuned.... ;-)

royalcat

Fri Nov 29, 2019 4:59 pm

Just saw that another player from the central gone to the west to play.Don’t see there being any players left out in the central league soon.Looks like it may be to later to add the cat’s or Flyer’s.

Stadium Fries

Fri Nov 29, 2019 5:10 pm

royalcat wrote:
Just saw that another player from the central gone to the west to play.Don’t see there being any players left out in the central league soon.Looks like it may be to later to add the cat’s or Flyer’s.
I would not worry when the 12 game season for the Cats and Flyers are announce for after Christmas these players will be recalled to their Central West team.
Maybe this is why 123 is finding it difficult to find a schedule.
Imagine after the East league doing everything to get rid of us now apparently they realize they still need us for them to operate. Interesting.
See you a the Joe !!!!

NLHockeyInsider

Fri Nov 29, 2019 8:37 pm

Stadium Fries wrote:
royalcat wrote:
I would not worry when the 12 game season for the Cats and Flyers are announce for after Christmas these players will be recalled to their Central West team.
Imagine after the East league doing everything to get rid of us now apparently they realize they still need us for them to operate. Interesting.
See you a the Joe !!!!

I would hope any team that was released to play with a team in the East or West league would continue to do so, there shouldn’t be any recalling of players unless they are given a release by their current team. I would hope that one of the conditions placed on the Cats and Flyers for this season is they are not to lure any player that has already played senior games to their teams. That’s tampering.

Stadium Fries

Fri Nov 29, 2019 9:43 pm

NLHockeyInsider wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 8:37 pm
Stadium Fries wrote:
royalcat wrote:
See you a the Joe !!!!

I would hope any team that was released to play with a team in the East or West league would continue to do so, there shouldn’t be any recalling of players unless they are given a release by their current team. I would hope that one of the conditions placed on the Cats and Flyers for this season is they are not to lure any player that has already played senior games to their teams. That’s tampering.
It’s official. Like I said 12 game season starting in January.
123 if they were released by Cats or Flyers yes I agree if not then any games a team won should be checked out.

Guess the Herder is back on but East and Central West will be competing.

Tomcod

Fri Nov 29, 2019 9:55 pm

Whats it to to you insider , you weren't too worried about the other leagues tampering with the cats and flyers players

NLHockeyInsider

Fri Nov 29, 2019 9:58 pm

Tomcod wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 9:55 pm
Whats it to to you insider , you weren't too worried about the other leagues tampering with the cats and flyers players
I don’t see much tampering happening. The guys that left all returned to star on their hometown teams. Not like we seen a mass exodus to any team in particular, nothing wrong with that in my opinion. That’s how we should be growing local amateur hockey; grassroots up, local guys playing for their local teams.
Last edited by NLHockeyInsider on Fri Nov 29, 2019 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

• Information