Eagles @ Breakers

East Coast Senior Hockey League - Teams include CeeBees, Breakers, Eagles, Caps & Blues
NLHockeyInsider
What is the shape of a hockey puck?: triangle

Mon Dec 09, 2019 1:56 pm

AEfan wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 1:38 pm
leafsfan2028 wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 11:23 am
how was brennans play last night with the breakers is he still fast
I heard that he played well. And I believe outside of the couple herder games this past spring, he hasn’t played many games over the past year or year and a half, so some rust is to be expected.
Who did he play on a line with?

Oh just a fan

Mon Dec 09, 2019 3:59 pm

Brennen didn’t play much last year at all, counting the playoffs and herder he may have topped 5 games. Being rusty should be expected. He’s still a great addition either way, when he gets going watch out.

NLHockeyInsider

Mon Dec 09, 2019 4:36 pm

Oh just a fan wrote:
Brennen didn’t play much last year at all, counting the playoffs and herder he may have topped 5 games. Being rusty should be expected. He’s still a great addition either way, when he gets going watch out.
Big addition for the Shore and with Brandon Pye back from injury this season it seems like the Shore are going for it this year. I think if they could add another d-man like a Rodi Short whose rights they own in the East they would be the class of the East. But it sounds like Short is headed back to the Cataracts which is great for them, he’s a great d-man. Arguably the best in NL senior hockey right now.

AEfan

Mon Dec 09, 2019 9:58 pm

NLHockeyInsider wrote:
Oh just a fan wrote:
Big addition for the Shore and with Brandon Pye back from injury this season it seems like the Shore are going for it this year. I think if they could add another d-man like a Rodi Short whose rights they own in the East they would be the class of the East. But it sounds like Short is headed back to the Cataracts which is great for them, he’s a great d-man. Arguably the best in NL senior hockey right now.
The Breakers won the ECSHL last year so not sure why they wouldn’t be ‘going’ for it again this year. And losing 3 of 4 Cataracts Herder wins by a goal I’m sure wasn’t easy to deal with.

Adding a winner like Brennan and getting Pye back will certainly bolster their top 6.

NLHockeyInsider

Tue Dec 10, 2019 4:31 pm

AEfan wrote:
NLHockeyInsider wrote:
Oh just a fan wrote:
The Breakers won the ECSHL last year so not sure why they wouldn’t be ‘going’ for it again this year. And losing 3 of 4 Cataracts Herder wins by a goal I’m sure wasn’t easy to deal with.

Adding a winner like Brennan and getting Pye back will certainly bolster their top 6.
No disrespect in my comment about “going for it” but it does seem like the Shore have really built an excellent team through trades, the draft and territorial picks in the last couple years.

AEfan

Tue Dec 10, 2019 4:58 pm

NLHockeyInsider wrote:
Tue Dec 10, 2019 4:31 pm
AEfan wrote:
NLHockeyInsider wrote:

No disrespect in my comment about “going for it” but it does seem like the Shore have really built an excellent team through trades, the draft and territorial picks in the last couple years.
No disrespect taken. You can see that the SS have a dedicated and talented group on the ice, and have to behind the scenes as well, to pull off the trades they have over the last several years. The players and admin people seem very proud of the history of that association/Sr teams and it shows.

• Information