Eagles and Caribous

East Coast Senior Hockey League - Teams include CeeBees, Breakers, Eagles, Caps & Blues
What is the shape of a hockey puck?: triangle

Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:32 pm

Looks like the game Saturday may not go ahead in Clarenville as Eagles are having issues icing a team. One can assume final exams for those in post-secondary institutions could be the reason, maybe?

titan

Wed Dec 11, 2019 12:12 pm

123 wrote:
Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:32 pm
Looks like the game Saturday may not go ahead in Clarenville as Eagles are having issues icing a team. One can assume final exams for those in post-secondary institutions could be the reason, maybe?
Wasn't there an issue with the Eagles having enough players the last time they traveled to
Cville?

#1BousFan

Thu Dec 12, 2019 7:09 am

Game is Canceled
Clarenville Caribous 2018 Herder Champions
Clarenville Caribous--2012 Herder Champions
Clarenville Caribous- 2011 Allan Cup Champions
Clarenville Caribous- -2010 Herder Champions
Clarenville Caribous- 2009 Herder Champions

grapes

Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:00 am

Don't the Sr Eagles have a full junior affiliation, why don't they use call ups from there? Isnt that the point of an affiliation? I hope for the Bous sake its a forfeit win if not this is ridiculous

titan

Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:17 am

grapes wrote:
Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:00 am
Don't the Sr Eagles have a full junior affiliation, why don't they use call ups from there? Isnt that the point of an affiliation? I hope for the Bous sake its a forfeit win if not this is ridiculous
Why should it be a forfeit? The Bous canceled games at the last minute last year because of "player shortage" and got to reschedule.

Maybe players from the Avalon don't want to make the trip out over the highway for free. I wouldn't want to spend 8 or 10 hours of my Saturday for a game of hockey when I could get one in town relatively close my house The last time the Eagles were in Clarenville they came with what, 11 skaters?

Hockey Eyes

Thu Dec 12, 2019 11:06 am

I think the issue is distance . We have seen short benches I believe in Clarenville and Hr. Grace. It is one thing to get someone to go to Twin Rinks or jack Byrne or even up to Mobile on the SS but Clarenville or Hr. Grace is different.
With paid players you can hold the "if you don't play you don't get paid " card. this is an amateur league and while there might be a paid players here or there it is essentially a bunch of guys just playing hockey.
If you asked me if i was interested in a skate tomorrow night at Twin Rinks I would go . If the skate was a long distance away I would probably pass given the fact it is Christmas ...exams etc etc ...
Just the nature of the beast...

rick

Thu Dec 12, 2019 12:08 pm

This wasn't known before hand ?

titan

Thu Dec 12, 2019 12:18 pm

Of course it's distance, some players simply won't make the road trip for free.

Oh just a fan

Thu Dec 12, 2019 12:36 pm

The Eagles have done this last season and will continue to do it until their penalized. They should have to forfeit the game. They have a Jr team to call up players and they also had two drafts that they passed on players. If they had taken a few more players they would have enough. Thing is they’d rather cancel the game that pick a few players in the draft that didn’t meet their “standards” should never be allowed.

Hockey Eyes

Thu Dec 12, 2019 4:21 pm

They have lots of players both the Eagles and the Blues. I think you miss the fundamental nature of the league here. It is guys playing hockey for fun. That is all it is. It isn't a league where the Herder is everything in the world and the Allan Cup is something hardly anyone thinks about.
That's the fundamental difference that causes so many arguments here. You just ASSUME players are paid and there is cheating going on and everyone would give their left arm or left something to get to the Herder.
This is just guys playing hockey in a league that doesn't require a load of money to stay in business.

• Information