Joe Must Go.................

East Coast Senior Hockey League - Teams include CeeBees, Breakers, Eagles, Caps & Blues
Cod Fish
What is the shape of a hockey puck?: triangle

Mon Sep 14, 2009 1:47 pm

Hey Eyeball...........Can you give us a few reasons that you think Joe must go other than the draft, and the gates not going to the home team? Do you know what you are takling about?

simonsays

Mon Sep 14, 2009 1:54 pm

The Eye.. wrote:Well it is The Eye again, man u r full of it, I never said that the East was always ran right, even the ceebees won the east the last 5 years the league was still a Joke and always will be as long as Joe Maynard is running it. So big deal if all 5 teams play close games all year , but what will happen in the Herder , let me tell you Mr Perfect. RAN OVER that's what will happen. Give the East the same rules as the west and see what will happen ..... Oh ya and get rid of Joe Maynard that is part of the problem... you know who Joe is ...lol

The Eye
Nowhere did I say that the East was always ran right.............nor did I say you said that. Do I know Joe, who doesn't. Mr. Perfect? I was just looking for some answers from you. And besides you saying that Joe is the problem, I didn't get any. What difference will having the same rules do if there isn't any $$$ to throw around? All NHL teams have the same rules, guess what, they all don't make the same $$$ therefore can't afford the big name players.

Big deal if they play close games all year? Would you rather watch your team lose 10-3 all year to a stacked Mt. Pearl team that can compete in the herder finals? Answer that one............Mt. Pearl has money to spend. If they dole out some big coin to a few players this year and walk all over the other 4 teams in the East, including your beloved CB's, and then go on to win the herder, that'll be fine with you. As long as an East team can compete for the herder, you are fine according to what you are saying........................I highly doubt, the only way you'll stop whining and complaining is if the CB's are on top. And that's fine, you are just a fan like everyone else, albeit a highly biased fan, but we all have faults.

Again, it isn't rocket science.
GET AT ME WOLF

thebigguy

Mon Sep 14, 2009 2:15 pm

That's pretty much right on Simon. If the East had the same rules as the West then it still wouldn't be a fair playing field because the community support is not the same. Think about it Eye, right now teams are getting 25% of the gate at home games but get all their expenses paid by the league. So do you think teams would be better off getting 75% of their gate (25% goes to the arena) and then have to pay all their own expenses like ice time and referrees etc? Work the numbers and see what you come up with. It wouldn't be so bad for CBN when they get 600-700 people for a regular game, but how about Mt. P, BI, or the Shore when they may get 100 people in the stands?

Take 200 fans at a game, $6 a head for total of $1200. Right now the team would get $300 cash but not have any expenses. They could get $900, but then have to pay for three hours ice time ($500), refs (say $150), insurance, scorekeepers, and whatever else comes up. They would be losing money each game. Yea they could make a little more during playoffs but the teams just don't have the fan support. Its different out West. They get full houses most games and they charge double the price of admission. But fans pay it because its the best show in town. Thats not the case in St. John's or Mt. Pearl...

There are issues with the draft system I guess but nobody is coming up with a better solution other than to just open it all up and players go where they want. And players will go to the highest bidder. East teams still won't be able to compete finanically with the West. And in the East, there will be maybe two stacked teams...much like the ceebees have been for the last few years. And with no revenue coming in, for how many years will Mt. Pearl's cash cow keep throwing away so much coin?

BackinBlack

Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:08 pm

thebigguy wrote:That's pretty much right on Simon. If the East had the same rules as the West then it still wouldn't be a fair playing field because the community support is not the same. Think about it Eye, right now teams are getting 25% of the gate at home games but get all their expenses paid by the league. So do you think teams would be better off getting 75% of their gate (25% goes to the arena) and then have to pay all their own expenses like ice time and referrees etc? Work the numbers and see what you come up with. It wouldn't be so bad for CBN when they get 600-700 people for a regular game, but how about Mt. P, BI, or the Shore when they may get 100 people in the stands?

Take 200 fans at a game, $6 a head for total of $1200. Right now the team would get $300 cash but not have any expenses. They could get $900, but then have to pay for three hours ice time ($500), refs (say $150), insurance, scorekeepers, and whatever else comes up. They would be losing money each game. Yea they could make a little more during playoffs but the teams just don't have the fan support. Its different out West. They get full houses most games and they charge double the price of admission. But fans pay it because its the best show in town. Thats not the case in St. John's or Mt. Pearl...

There are issues with the draft system I guess but nobody is coming up with a better solution other than to just open it all up and players go where they want. And players will go to the highest bidder. East teams still won't be able to compete finanically with the West. And in the East, there will be maybe two stacked teams...much like the ceebees have been for the last few years. And with no revenue coming in, for how many years will Mt. Pearl's cash cow keep throwing away so much coin?
why not take the two strongest teams in there that have the money and fan support and let them join the west in an island wide league. the teams that join will build even greater fan support when the origional west teams come to town and let the east fans enjoy the great hockey the west fans enjoy. let the east carry on with four teams......nothing will change there and everything will be fine. only difference is the east wont get to play for the herder. whats wrong with that. the overwelling majority of players that play there arn't sr. "A" caliper players anyway. thats one thing i can never understand. why do the some east fans and JOE feel its so important for the east to play for the herder??? for years and years the nfld sr hockey league was an island wide league. i dont know for sure but i bet that no other registered sr hockey league in Canada is operated the way joe operates the aeshl. its run like a beer league!! throw all the money in one pot and buy beer and pizza for everybody!! Its a total joke.

heres some questions and answers......

has the aeshl been around for years? YES! will it continue to be around for years to come? YES! does it survive because of the way its structured? YES! but does the draft work? NO! is there parody in the league? NO! is it a good quality sr. A league? NO! can the league survive without a strong ceebees team? that remains to be seen!! why dont fans go to see this hockey?? because its of poor quality for so called sr. hockey! would the league survive if it didnt compete for the herder? sure it would. there wouldnt be one bit of difference except joe maynard wouldnt get the glory of struting his stuff at the herder!! :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

build a bridge and get over it boyz and girlz and for god sakes would someone please offer them selves up for president of the aeshl at the next meeting and get joe out of there! do everyone a favor!! we need an island wide league!

Cod Fish

Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:35 pm

I think Joe and his executive, or is he the executive.....let the teams in the AESHL get as strong as they possibly could or there won't be much to watch this year, especially when it comes Herder time.

Let the teams do what it takes to get strong enough so that whoever wins the East, be it Southern Shore, Torbay or the CeeBees are able to at least ice a competitive team.

Annonymous

Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:55 pm

Excuse me as I haven't read one post on this topic, but just from the title itself I have to respond.

Really? Hasn't this been beat to death each and every season? If Joe must go, then why haven't anyone stepped up to open the door for him and sit in his chair?

Please people, I think its time to drop this topic, and accept the fact that Joe is not going anywhere....until you finally mustard enough courage to be able to sit in his chair.

Also, don't get me defending Joe as a Joe support, as I am from out west and only know very little about Joe, however I do believe that whatever was said in these 4 or 5 pages of bashing him (assumption as I have not read one post) has been said in the last 100 topics titled "Joe must go"

Cod Fish

Wed Sep 23, 2009 12:42 pm

The word is that there are a couple that may just do that next election.

Annonymous

Wed Sep 23, 2009 1:16 pm

Cod Fish wrote:The word is that there are a couple that may just do that next election.
Seems like thats the word every year....esp after elections

• Information