AESHL FINALS - SS @ CB Game 3

East Coast Senior Hockey League - Teams include CeeBees, Breakers, Eagles, Caps & Blues
Carbonear Canadiens
What is the shape of a hockey puck?: triangle

Mon Mar 08, 2010 6:38 pm

I know it's only Monday but this series is way to exciting not to talk about. Huge, huge, HUGE shutout Sunday evening for Diamond. He is on his game right now and is going to be really hard to beat down, especially going back to his house. In actual fact, I don't think anyone seen this coming or could have predicted that the CB's will win first two, one by shutout. Breakers seems to have problems, problems that the return of Gosse is not going to fix. Breakers will come to game 3 flying out the gate but I think it too little too late. If the CB's don't sweep this then they'll only let out 1 game. I think game 3 will end up 6-4 for CB. Any thoughts?
Follow me on Twitter: @CCanadiens

seein stars

Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:05 pm

Gonna be hard to call this one. Breakers have a great team, don't forget that. We still need to play the way we are. Great goaltending and balanced scoring.
A good hockey player plays where the puck is. A great hockey player plays where the puck is going to be.” –Wayne Gretzky

nlhockeyfan

Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:28 pm

Gosse mightn't fix all the shores problems the first 2 games but he sure as hells gonna help. Hes captain for a reason and do get the players fired up. Hes great at making that first pass out of their zone...something they had problems doing so far and he will eat up alot of minutes. Curran and Langdon must've played the last 10 minutes. It wouldnt have matter what Dman they had first game since none of the forwards skated back

CaribousFan

Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:46 pm

nlhockeyfan wrote:Gosse mightn't fix all the shores problems the first 2 games but he sure as hells gonna help. Hes captain for a reason and do get the players fired up. Hes great at making that first pass out of their zone...something they had problems doing so far and he will eat up alot of minutes. Curran and Langdon must've played the last 10 minutes. It wouldnt have matter what Dman they had first game since none of the forwards skated back
Do the shore have their full lineup in in the first 2 games??
Caribous Record- 17-5-2= 36 Points= 1st Place- Regular Season Champs
Clarenville Caribous- 2011 Allan Cup Champions
Clarenville Caribous- 2009-2010 Herder Champions
Clarenville Caribous- 2008-2009 Herder Champions
CEC Siren Guy

Carbonear Canadiens

Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:40 pm

CaribousFan wrote:
nlhockeyfan wrote:Gosse mightn't fix all the shores problems the first 2 games but he sure as hells gonna help. Hes captain for a reason and do get the players fired up. Hes great at making that first pass out of their zone...something they had problems doing so far and he will eat up alot of minutes. Curran and Langdon must've played the last 10 minutes. It wouldnt have matter what Dman they had first game since none of the forwards skated back
No, mainly Gosse was missing. His father-in-law passed recently. We'll see how much of an impact he really makes come Sat night.
Follow me on Twitter: @CCanadiens

Bleacher Creature

Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:14 pm

Carbonear Canadiens wrote:
CaribousFan wrote:
No, mainly Gosse was missing. His father-in-law passed recently. We'll see how much of an impact he really makes come Sat night.
keith sullivan is still out and Locklin will be back to work and not available on weekend

SS Fan

Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:16 pm

And Morry is probably done for the year.......

robynandrews123

Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:17 pm

What happened to Morry?

SS Fan

Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:20 pm

I think it was Tobin that hit him? Behind the play, not a big hit or a dirty hit or anything I don't think, but went pretty unnoticed by most people watching the game including myself. A few minutes later Morry left the bench and went to the dressing room favouring one of his shoulders. Apparently the word is he has a broken Collarbone, after hearing it from a few people now......

Sam Boney

Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:24 pm

SS Fan wrote:I think it was Tobin that hit him? Behind the play, not a big hit or a dirty hit or anything I don't think, but went pretty unnoticed by most people watching the game including myself. A few minutes later Morry left the bench and went to the dressing room favouring one of his shoulders. Apparently the word is he has a broken Collarbone, after hearing it from a few people now......
I saw the hit. It happened down in the corner where the zamboni gate is. Morry and Tobin were going for the puck and Tobin checked him against the boards. It wasn't a hard hit but Morry was a couple inches away from the boards when he got hit and he sort of went into the boards shoulder first. You could see right away he was hurt.

• Information