druken vs tobin?????

East Coast Senior Hockey League - Teams include CeeBees, Breakers, Eagles, Caps & Blues
tetley
What colour is a puck?: black

Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:53 pm

would love to see it,see how tough tobn really thinks he is , or how sooky he gets!!

knockoutpunch

Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:19 pm

tetley wrote:would love to see it,see how tough tobn really thinks he is , or how sooky he gets!!
tobin vs langdon or tobin vs curran would be better. both have been looking for it all series but saturday night they wanted no part of it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

nlhockeyfan

Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:44 pm

Willing to bet Curran would take care of Tobin easier than he took care of Jackman. Langdons not a fighter, but hes really stepped up and has taken alot of punishment playing hard against Tobin. I really thought the ceebees toughness would be a factor in the series but the breakers are really using that against them ....though its almost all Tobin and Gamberg thats taking the bad penalties

whysofat

Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:37 pm

How can you fault Tobin for playing the way he do when he gets drafted the to the NHL for it. No comment on refs.

On that note, would like to see Tobin vs. Gosse. Re-arrange Gosse's huge nose, no?

noway

Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:03 am

Why is Tobin with the ceebees then, spending 8+ minutes in the box a game. Reffs don't put you there for nothing. Check to the head? Elbow? Cross check to the head? do they count? Oh, the reffs only imagine those. I forgot. Lmfao!

I hope that the game tomorrow isn't dirty nor any fights. I want to see some great hockey played!!

Seens I'm here, I wouldn't mind someone laying it down on tobin. Curran possibly. Tobin deserves it from Curran or Langdon. Not so much Druken. They have nothing to fight over.

woody

Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:57 am

Give up the stupid rough talk,you can't be much of a hockey fan if that is all you go for fighting,we go to see good clean HOCKEY

simonsays

Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:17 am

noway wrote:Why is Tobin with the ceebees then, spending 8+ minutes in the box a game. Reffs don't put you there for nothing. Check to the head? Elbow? Cross check to the head? do they count? Oh, the reffs only imagine those. I forgot. Lmfao!

I hope that the game tomorrow isn't dirty nor any fights. I want to see some great hockey played!!

Seens I'm here, I wouldn't mind someone laying it down on tobin. Curran possibly. Tobin deserves it from Curran or Langdon. Not so much Druken. They have nothing to fight over.
You answered your own question on why he's with the CeeBees.

He wasn't good enough to stay where he was.

From the Jr. Celtics, to playing with Crosby in the Q, to back to back 6 goal seasons in the ECHL, to a 4 goal season in the Central League, full circle to sharing a bench with Rod Keefe.........LOL, what a resume.
GET AT ME WOLF

whysofat

Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:21 pm

simonsays wrote:Why is Tobin with
From the Jr. Celtics, to playing with Crosby in the Q, to back to back 6 goal seasons in the ECHL, to a 4 goal season in the Central League, full circle to sharing a bench with Rod Keefe.........LOL, what a resume.
Intelligent post there... He's drafted. Enough said. I think you seem to forget (Or didn't know) that hockey teams have 3rd and 4th lines, and not for the purpose of not scoring goals but to kill penalty's and be physical. He played in the Q as a grinder type player.

Love the fans who watch hockey, yet have no idea how to play it.

rick

Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:23 pm

simonsays wrote:
noway wrote:Why is Tobin with the ceebees then, spending 8+ minutes in the box a game. Reffs don't put you there for nothing. Check to the head? Elbow? Cross check to the head? do they count? Oh, the reffs only imagine those. I forgot. Lmfao!

You answered your own question on why he's with the CeeBees.

He wasn't good enough to stay where he was.

can you post your resume here please? would love to see you it...

simonsays

Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:33 pm

whysofat wrote: Intelligent post there... He's drafted. Enough said. I think you seem to forget (Or didn't know) that hockey teams have 3rd and 4th lines, and not for the purpose of not scoring goals but to kill penalty's and be physical. He played in the Q as a grinder type player.

Love the fans who watch hockey, yet have no idea how to play it.
A grinder type player hey..............lol..............in his last year in the Q he was -51.
In his second last year with Crosby on the team, who was +78, Tobin was again -1, on a team that led the league in goals scored, he was still on the ice for more against.

3rd and 4th liners are on teams for the purpose of beign physical and chipping in the odd tally, but they are not there to allow goals, which he did, many times. Stats don't lie. He's been a defensive liability his entire career, allergic to his own zone. Spends too much time hovering around the neutral zone waiting for the puck instead of working for it.

He is drafted, and deservingly so, he did put up some half descent numbers when Crosby was in Rimouski with him. Lots of players get drafted and end up playing in lesser calibre leagues.
GET AT ME WOLF

• Information