In Excess Of 4000 Fans cannot see Herder Games Live

East Coast Senior Hockey League - Teams include CeeBees, Breakers, Eagles, Caps & Blues
tetley
What colour is a puck?: black

Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:26 pm

listen no matter where the games are being played not everyone is going to get a ticket, if you really wanted to see the games you would have got your tickets some way or another suck it up.

herderfan

Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:52 pm

Dykes#1Fan wrote:The issue I have is that for the games in clarenville the Ceebees will have minimal and I mean minimal fan support. However, I bet the ceebees "home games" at Mile One will have just as many Bous fans as Ceebees fans. So that means the Bous have Home Ice advantage in games 1,2,6,and 7 and games 3,4,and 5 there is no advantage. Im sure if games 3,4,5 were played at the S.W.Moores and very few bous fans could get tickets they would most definetely have something to say about it.Put yourselves in our shoes, the way I see it you guys are getting your cake and eating it too, the fans on the east get the cake, but cant take a bite! The only way to resolve this would be to play it in the bigger facilities. No doubt though, everyone will never be satisfied so I guess ya gotta deal with it.

there was tickets still available tonight at don cherrys for saturday and sunday games.

pure-mad

Sat Mar 27, 2010 12:42 am

Couple of points...

1. Do the math...the Caribous will NOT be making as much by playing in Clarenville (at $25) as they would in Mile One. The overwhelming support was for the team to play in clarenville at increased ticket price, vs going to Mile One. They took some heat last year for playing in Mile One, even though there was no other logical choice. This year, they had a logical option, looked at the pros and cons (many other factors besides money), input from fans, sponsors, etc was sought, and the decision was made. IMO, if it was truly ALL about the money, the games would be at Mile One.

2. Some of the CeeBees fans have put some blame on Mile One for selling tickets early and that it gives the Caribous an equal advantage (i.e. equal access to tickets)... In reality, it is not mile one that makes such decisions, it is the AESHL who owns games 3, 4 and 5 (not the Cee Bees). And as such, they put the tickets out for sale well in advance of any teams being finalize so they get a major jump on ticket sales. So, any finger pointing there (for what some would call "selfishness", but many - including myself - would call "wise") should be at the East league - not Mile One, Caribous, or anyone else. Unfortunate thing for the east team fans...by the time the team for the East is decided, there are only a limited number of tickets available to the team. Whereas in Caribous situation last year, the Caribous "owned" Mile One for Gm 1 and 2 and essentially had complete control over the ticket sales/distribution. I believe for those 2 games, there were 2000+ tickets brought to Clarenville and sold at the old stadium.

Face off

Sat Mar 27, 2010 8:44 am

Excellent Post Pure mad and i think that very much explains it in a nutshell......Afterall, when the CeeBees were up 3-0 against the shore and our series was deadlocked at 2 a piece.....if ceebees had to win game 4, they would have had an early jump on ticket sales at the Mile One while the West coast final was still being played out....just so happens that we finsished our final first

TO add to this, even when our series was over, it was still VERY VERY difficult to obtain tickets through the MILE ONE becasue alot of fans from either the BOUS or CATS and maybe even the CEEBEES and shore took the initiative and jumped on the band wagon early and purchased their tickets in advance as soon as they were available.....They took their chances knowing that if they didnt need their tickets when the time comes....then they wold have no problem selling them.....

Also, I am sure alot of east coast fans from other teams that were eliminated or even just your average hockey fan in general purchased tickets early because no matter who played in the Herder, they wanted to watch the games because they knew that it will be great hockey to watch...

Hockeyfan2010

Sat Mar 27, 2010 11:32 am

I dont see a problem with playing games at the new arena in Clarenville, im sure when and if harbour grace gets a new one they will want to play their games there too! The only problem is, when getting tickets for games 1 & 2 you had to do it in person. You could not order them over the phone or the internet like you can at mile one. This caused a frenzy for anyone who could not afford to drive to clarenville for tickets then back out the weekend for the games or who had work. As well, as i understand there was no sitting tickets available to buy either. I think its alot of little issues that has everyone worked up. Im even sure there are tickets still available to buy over there today (standing of course). I hope next year Clarenville or where ever the games will be played has the ticket purchase set up as mile one does, then everyone has fair game to get their tickets!

Does anyone know if you can watch the game online??? I know you can at Mile one through sportspage, but the clarenville games is there a live streaming???

Unfortunely, i wont be to the games this weekend :sad: But ill be cheering!!! Go CeeBee's Go!!!!!!

superfan

Sat Mar 27, 2010 1:00 pm

Face off wrote:Actually guys, if you seen what Silverhawk posted over in the WCSHL section you would know that this is not the case.....Last year when the BOUS played at the MILE ONE>...West Coast fans were saying that it shouildnt be...that the WCSHL should play at the PEPSI CENTER or even at their own rink to be fair to their fans who cant travel, etc...

Now the bous actually decided to play at their own stadium, and still people say now...should be at MILE ONE....not going to satisfy everyone.....

As for being selfish, dont make sense, as you said, our home games at the MILE ONE would generate more revenue than having it at the CEC......so GREEDY or SELFISH, dont belong here.

The Bous realized that we have just built a 12 million + facility in the Town of Clarenville which supported them all year, the BOUS organization are BEING unselfish by TRYING to give back to the community and at the same time making it easier for their fans to at least see some home games......Plus the spin offs for the community.......Is it a WIn WIn Situation?...deffinately..........BUT DEFFINATELY NOT SELFISH......JUST THE OPPOSITE

FANTASTIC POST ............. creature is very imbittered because his team lost now he is slinging mud in every direction .my advice to CREATURE is to be come a caribous fan so he can develope some class and respect towards other teams and their comunities . his malicious discrasfull remarks should be totaly disreguarded. surely a great organization like the CEE BEES got better since than listen to this garbage that CREATURE is getting on with .

Champ

Sat Mar 27, 2010 9:38 pm

pure-mad wrote:Couple of points...

1. Do the math...the Caribous will NOT be making as much by playing in Clarenville (at $25) as they would in Mile One. The overwhelming support was for the team to play in clarenville at increased ticket price, vs going to Mile One. They took some heat last year for playing in Mile One, even though there was no other logical choice. This year, they had a logical option, looked at the pros and cons (many other factors besides money), input from fans, sponsors, etc was sought, and the decision was made. IMO, if it was truly ALL about the money, the games would be at Mile One.

2. Some of the CeeBees fans have put some blame on Mile One for selling tickets early and that it gives the Caribous an equal advantage (i.e. equal access to tickets)... In reality, it is not mile one that makes such decisions, it is the AESHL who owns games 3, 4 and 5 (not the Cee Bees). And as such, they put the tickets out for sale well in advance of any teams being finalize so they get a major jump on ticket sales. So, any finger pointing there (for what some would call "selfishness", but many - including myself - would call "wise") should be at the East league - not Mile One, Caribous, or anyone else. Unfortunate thing for the east team fans...by the time the team for the East is decided, there are only a limited number of tickets available to the team. Whereas in Caribous situation last year, the Caribous "owned" Mile One for Gm 1 and 2 and essentially had complete control over the ticket sales/distribution. I believe for those 2 games, there were 2000+ tickets brought to Clarenville and sold at the old stadium.

No need to explain to anybody.

The right thing to do is play in Fort McMurray haha :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
GO BOUS GO

tetley

Sun Mar 28, 2010 1:22 am

sure whats the problem, there are lots of standing tickets available, the game tonight was not sold out. Get in yor car and got to clarenville.What's the problem????

newfiebuttercup

Sun Mar 28, 2010 4:39 pm

I heard that someone was sitting with 100 tickets and sold them for 10 bucks a pop last night.....hmmmmmmmmmm i wonder who that was any truth to it?

Bleacher Creature

Sun Mar 28, 2010 4:47 pm

Champ wrote:
pure-mad wrote:Couple of points...

No need to explain to anybody.

The right thing to do is play in Fort McMurray haha :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Take of your don cherry costume superfan

• Information