MP @ CBN - Sat Oct 30

East Coast Senior Hockey League - Teams include CeeBees, Breakers, Eagles, Caps & Blues
longlostcbfan
What colour is a puck?: black

Sun Oct 31, 2010 1:27 am

This was a good hockey game all around. CBs had their chances and kennedy made the big saves. These two teams will certainly provide us with some good entertainment this winter. I read a comment on the ryan/druken fight annd how ryan didn~t get more penalty time for challenging french then the bench and then druken. I guess you must realize it was a typical chilli style. He will catch up one of these days. I thought the game could have gone either way. Way to go CBs and the pearl.

Ziggy

Sun Oct 31, 2010 9:12 am

Me and a buddy decided to take in the game in Harbour Grace last night. It was a very exciting game overall with the ceebees outplaying the blades. If the blades had 5 shots in the first, that would be stretching it. The difference in the game was that the Blades goalie stood on his head and the ceebees goalie let in two soft goals and couldn't make the big save. The ceebees have a good team but if the goaltending they had last night is the best they got, they're in for a long year.

Gamby

Sun Oct 31, 2010 9:16 am

I thought the game last night was great, it was a nail bitter thats for sure. I kinda wish they were playing again next weekend haha. These are just my thoughts on the game:
Although Moores did get out coached all weekend I dont think we should jump all over him just yet. There is a lot of new faces and star power on this team and they are gonna need time to gain chemistry and learn how to play with one another. Besides from the Brophy, Crosbie, Bartlett line everyone else looked out of sinc. The CeeBees Powerplay was their downfall. Im pretty sure they went 0-8 which included a 2 minute long 5-3. This is in excusable, with the talent this team has they need to make teams pay on the powerplay. Also, Its going to be hard to give everyone a lot of ice time but Matthew Thomey needs to be given the most ice time. He is the leader of this team and he comes to play everynight. Give this kid the time and he will run this team.
Kennedy stood on his head and made some game saving stops. All the goals the CeeBees scored on were just loose puck scrambles in front of the net. Mt. Pearl looked great and it's easy to see how well coached they are. Should be interesting series between these two and im looking forward to seeing them play again.
As for the French incident, I am a CeeBees fan but he deserved what he got. French has no sense when it comes to the game of hockey, he always takes selfish dirty penalties. Power got the best of him last night but I dont think its gonna sit to well with some of the CeeBees players. Power was screaming after the fight which I thought was total nonsense. He may of beat French but its easy to say this power kid cannot fight. He is a big kid but when he fights he bends his knees and comes right down to his opponents level. He is in for a surrise when he fights one of the tough guys in this league.
IMO the lines need to consist of both star and role players. Im not trying to be an armchair coach just trying to post my thoughts. This is what I think they should look like
Paul Brown, Thomey, Dalton
Delaney, Delaney, Wadden
Bartlett, Brophy, Crosbie
Greely, C Sparles, D Sparkes.
Insert Gamberg and Hayes where needed depening on the other teams lineup.
Champions are made from something deep inside them, a desire, a dream, a vision. They have to have last minute stamina, they have to be a little bit faster, they have to have the skill and the will. But the will must be stronger than the skill

superfan

Sun Oct 31, 2010 9:53 am

rick wrote:
superfan wrote:
Carbonear Canadiens wrote:2-2. French elbowed a player and got 2 mins. When he got out they were gunning for him. As usual Lee freaked out and got a 10 min misconduct. Ryan was goin around looking for a fight. Maybe his handlebar mustache made him feel big and strong so he challenged Druken. Big mistake. Haha.

lee should be dropped from the team !!!!!
why , because he freaked out????? lol ... never seen a player freak out before ?????????sure randy freaked out more than any player on the bous..

his anttics are too costly for his " teamates "

rick

Sun Oct 31, 2010 11:47 am

didn't they win both games this weekend????????

Blades_Fan

Sun Oct 31, 2010 11:57 am

I found the video of the Power VS French fight. Quality is poor though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VbUOCrrGJH8

Does anyone have the Druken vs Ryan ?

hockey123

Sun Oct 31, 2010 12:51 pm

Ziggy wrote:Me and a buddy decided to take in the game in Harbour Grace last night. It was a very exciting game overall with the ceebees outplaying the blades. If the blades had 5 shots in the first, that would be stretching it. The difference in the game was that the Blades goalie stood on his head and the ceebees goalie let in two soft goals and couldn't make the big save. The ceebees have a good team but if the goaltending they had last night is the best they got, they're in for a long year.
Ziggy you hit the nail right on the head 5 shots in the first period would be stretching it and 15 for the game, the cee bees totally outplayed the pearl, Great game again by Kennedy if cee bees want to improve and advance they got to get a goalie who will not let in 2 or 3 weak goals a game and make a big save when you need it. Tha crosbie,Brophy,and Bartlett line the best on the ice,Scores a big goal and finishes all there checks a excellant third line the best third line in the east league, They got to get a GOALIE.

T-Bird

Sun Oct 31, 2010 3:52 pm

When Barlett/Brophy/Crosbie are your best line with this team your in big trouble. As a third line I'd say they are good but if they are going to be your 3rd line some other good players will sit that don't deserve to sit.

Dykes#1Fan

Sun Oct 31, 2010 4:21 pm

Ok T-Bird.....who doesnt deserve to sit? I look at the players left and I see one guy who doesnt deserve to sit and thats Greely. As for Hayes, D.Sparkes, Brown, Gamburg, those guys shouldnt be on the ice more than that third line! I understand that for Crosbie and Bartlett this is a one year thing and ya wouldnt wanna cut ties with the fellas who can be here for the next 5 years. However, D. Sparkes, Gamburg, Brown, whoever need to step up and prove they should be on that third line. For anyone who doesnt see the games its easy to assume that Crosbie and Bartlett are getting ice time because of seniority and taking spots away from young guys( thats what i figured until last night), but when you see the bys finish every check and see Chris Crosbie chase andrew Piercey down the ice and rub him off the puck; you know the bys are out there because they deserve to be. Yes Bous fans, I said he caught up to Piercey; the fastest man on skates in your eyes haha.

seein stars

Sun Oct 31, 2010 4:34 pm

What I don't understand is bringing Crosbie and Bartlett back for one year and having young guy suffer for it. I don't think some of these guys who are sitting are gonna be around all year long waiting for sloppy seconds. Greeley was very disappointed that he sat friday night and so was the other guys. After what they did for the Stars last year they don't deserve that. Some I think might start to look for games elsewhere. At least they would play. Right now we have too many "stars", too many "fighters" and not enough guts IMO. Some of the guys we brought in are no better and maybe worse than what we let go or traded.
A good hockey player plays where the puck is. A great hockey player plays where the puck is going to be.” –Wayne Gretzky

• Information