Northeast Eagles upsets Cees Bees on home Ice

East Coast Senior Hockey League - Teams include CeeBees, Breakers, Eagles, Caps & Blues
Mt.Pearl29
What is the shape of a hockey puck?: triangle

Sat Nov 27, 2010 10:12 pm

Whats up with the Cees Bees?

THE I.R.A.

Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:37 pm

Now its a reality check for the cee bees. you have great players on this team, but if they are not managed correctly on the bench then this is what happens. They (the players) need to know that they have to step up and carry each other and not depend on the next guy. Not taking anything away from the eagles, because they will be a contender in 2 years.

clearycountry

Sun Nov 28, 2010 12:03 am

IMO. Too many "STARS" on the Stars!!!!!!

tincanfan

Sun Nov 28, 2010 12:10 am

The same thing is happening in Clarenville. A coach that the players respect will make the difference.
Change the coaches. I don't know who for the Stars but in Clarenville we need the most respected
player from the pat MR NORCOTT.

THE I.R.A.

Sun Nov 28, 2010 12:24 am

when u have guys this age and guys who have played at high levels of hockey, there is not much left to teach them in regard to systems and how to play the game. You need someone there who is able to match lines, know how to relaxe the team when they need to be, so that these players can get there heads back together. because when u are down by a goal or two, by a team that is "so called" not as good as yours, things go through you head. You need someone who can settel you down to get back on track. To let u know you still have a chance, not to panic. This is what will come down to when the league final arrives. who has a better control over the heads of their players.

up the bay

Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:55 am

........dont think adding rogers will help the team any, the team has enough talent now, adding him will only mean droping someone from the currant roster and will hurt the morale of the team which is low enough now

..............maybe its time to give more ice time to greeley petten gamberg and druken who give there all every shift and less ice time to some of the "star" players who are underperforming, maybe even not dress some of the players who are just going through the motions and save the team some money

.....even though last years team was less talented they were probably a lot more coachable, it can't be eaay for moores to motivate these players and even harder for him to give a kick in the arse to some of the players on this years team

Gamby

Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:28 am

Its plain and simple, the CeeBees need to get hungry. They are too relaxed right now and they are playing lazy on both ends of the ice. They came into this season with a stacked team thinking they were gonna walk over everyone. They thought they were gonna win the east based on talent alone and stroll onto the herder. Well obviously that is not the case. The CeeBees deserved to lose to Torbay last night, they better team won. This should be a wake up call for the stars, they should know realize they need to bring it every night becasue everyteam always brigns their best against the starrs.
Another point, I have always been a supporter of Ian Moores and I will continue to be. But in saying that it seems that the CeeBees could use a new coach. He did a great job last year and he deserves a round of applaus, but it seems he is having trouble keeping everyone happy on this team. With this team they need a coach who is going to command respect and put this team in the right direction. Ian Moores is a great GM but I think it could be time the stars find a new coach.
Champions are made from something deep inside them, a desire, a dream, a vision. They have to have last minute stamina, they have to be a little bit faster, they have to have the skill and the will. But the will must be stronger than the skill

Ole Timer

Sun Nov 28, 2010 10:14 am

Gamby wrote:Its plain and simple, the CeeBees need to get hungry. They are too relaxed right now and they are playing lazy on both ends of the ice. They came into this season with a stacked team thinking they were gonna walk over everyone. They thought they were gonna win the east based on talent alone and stroll onto the herder. Well obviously that is not the case. The CeeBees deserved to lose to Torbay last night, they better team won. This should be a wake up call for the stars, they should know realize they need to bring it every night becasue everyteam always brigns their best against the starrs.
Another point, I have always been a supporter of Ian Moores and I will continue to be. But in saying that it seems that the CeeBees could use a new coach. He did a great job last year and he deserves a round of applaus, but it seems he is having trouble keeping everyone happy on this team. With this team they need a coach who is going to command respect and put this team in the right direction. Ian Moores is a great GM but I think it could be time the stars find a new coach.
Great post Gamby. I think you struck the nail on the head. Torbay came to the game last night hungry and won the game. Cee-Bees 3rd and 4th line played more intense hockey than their 1st and 2nd lines. The Delaneys and Wadden are just going thru the motion. The team last year had heart and a desire to win and played for the Cee Bee organization and the region. This year it seems they are going through the motions just to pick up a paycheck. Maybe sitting some of these players out might just smarten them up. They have known scorers, good D men, and some great solid hitting players, they just have to get all their crap in the same bucket and put out a team effort or the closest they will get to the Hearder this year is watching from the stands.

CBSNLFAN

Sun Nov 28, 2010 10:56 am

It time to part ways with the Delaneys they are not doing anything. The ice time should be given to the greeley petten gamberg druken and sparkes on the team. These guys work 110 every shift.

Chip

Sun Nov 28, 2010 11:38 am

Scoring 2 goals this weekend could be a start. considering its NL senior hockey thats crazy. With the scoring talent on that team to score 2 goals in 2 games is ridiclous.

• Information