Moores Compass article

East Coast Senior Hockey League - Teams include CeeBees, Breakers, Eagles, Caps & Blues
herder head

Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:27 pm

Article in today's Compass (can't post the link because it's not on their website yet) in which Ian Moores says he may step away from the CeeBees because of his frustration with the outcome of the Herder finals, specifically with the lack of effort of some of his players. Even if he steps aside as head coach hopefully he'll stay with the team in another capacity because he's the backbone of the team.

If he steps away completely IMO there wil be no team next year because i don't know of any one person who would take enough interest to take the bull by the horns and get a team off the ground next year. He puts a lot of his time and effort into keeping this team going. If he didn't agree to take on multiple duties with the team last year I feel the CeeBees probably would have folded. 'Even after we lost supposedly our best players to Grand Falls he went out and put together a hard working competitive team that gave 100% effort every night.

Moores has lots of contacts in hockey circles and would give him an inside track in the reruitment of players. IMO Ian and Ken Hunt would make a great pair in managing the team next year and hopefully continue to provide us fans with great entertainment on Saturday nights.

simonsays
What is the shape of a hockey puck?: triangle

Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:31 pm

Might be time for him to move on. Definitely a hard job to put together a winning team every year. If he does decide to hang em up, he certainly would be missed in a recruitment aspect. As a lot of Ceebee fans have stated, some of his coaching ways were sometimes questionable, perhaps it is time.

What about Eddie Russell? Or maybe Crosbie or Bartlett will hang them up for good this year. Bartlett is already a proven coach in the Jr. and AAA ranks. Soft spoken, but could get the job done. Nice to have a local on the bench as well.
GET AT ME WOLF

seein stars

Tue Apr 12, 2011 7:50 pm

simonsays wrote:Might be time for him to move on. Definitely a hard job to put together a winning team every year. If he does decide to hang em up, he certainly would be missed in a recruitment aspect. As a lot of Ceebee fans have stated, some of his coaching ways were sometimes questionable, perhaps it is time.

What about Eddie Russell? Or maybe Crosbie or Bartlett will hang them up for good this year. Bartlett is already a proven coach in the Jr. and AAA ranks. Soft spoken, but could get the job done. Nice to have a local on the bench as well.
I have stayed away from this most of the year because unlike most of the Cee Bees fans, I didn't totally agree with what went on this year. Sure we added some good players but we also let some good YOUNG players go. Ice time of other YOUNG guys was cut so that others could play. I have believed for a long time that our team needed to get younger. This year we did the exact opposite and that showed up in the Herder. Moores got rid of kids like Brown, Sheppard, Hardiman, Lynch and Roach. While we may not always agree that these players might have been the difference, with the exception of Roach, each of thesae kids were a very important part of our run last year. Brown is a dog on the ice, Sheppard could have easily turned into a good YOUNG 5th or 6th defenseman, hardiman is a good, versatile player, and as much flack as lynch gets from Cee bees fans, he could find the net, set up a few goals and hit like a truck (defensive liabilty aside). Add Roach to that group and along with greeley, D. Sparkes, Thomey etc... we had the makings of a good core. But MOORES wanted the OLDER guys and yes, some were his buddies. We have seen this before. It doesn't work. Not in today's Senior Hockey.

There must have been a reason why the Cat's didn't win last year with the Delaney's and Wadden but did so this year with Wesley Welcher, Chad earle, Cody Roach, mark yetman, etc... Guys who thought Brophy was coming in to the Cee Bees and scoring a bunch were mislead. dalton is as good a player as anyone in the league, that's a given. B. Roach played well, but not spectacular as was expected.

This is only my opinion, but the mistake is at the coaching and managerial levels. Was what was brought in a good fit? Were there too many stars? It was maybe a case of "Too many chiefs and not enough Indians" so to speak. So like I said. I think it's not so much who we brought in, but who we let get away. Right now, Brown, Lynch and Hardiman are the property of the Blues. If guys like welcher, picco, and yetman decide to return WHEN the team moves to CBS, that is the core of a good young team. Imagine some of that could have and should have been ours. Now bring on the criticism because i know it's coming, especially from my Cee Bee buddies. But this is how I see it.
A good hockey player plays where the puck is. A great hockey player plays where the puck is going to be.” –Wayne Gretzky

OLD TIMER

Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:36 pm

i agree with you 100 per cent management really screwed up this year

Habfan

Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:53 am

• Information