Mount Pearl New Goalie

East Coast Senior Hockey League - Teams include CeeBees, Breakers, Eagles, Caps & Blues
Hockey Eyes
What is the shape of a hockey puck?: triangle

Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:22 pm

The Mount Pearl Samurai beat the St. John's Caps 4-1 tonight at the Glacier. It was a big win for the Blades. Nick Rodway now playing goal for them was great. He is a real find. I am told he has a year of junior eligibility left but has chosen to play with the senior Mount Pearl team. It was a big win for Mount Pear;l because they lost both ends of a home and home series with the Eagles last weekend. The big news is that Eddie O'Brien is taking over coaching duties for the Samurai next week. Cranford of course is going to be coach and assistant GM with the Mount Pearl Blades in the NSHL.
Sparse crowd but me and my buddy had fries and watched a bit of a peewee game through the glass on the other " pad at the Glacier. What a great rink Mount Pearl has.

chesterfriedchicken

Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:12 pm

Cranford won't have a team to coach. If he does Phonse will have to add another digit to the visiting teams goals on the scoreboard. No players are coming back to play for a team with no fans, Jim Hare involved, or for pennies compared to other teams. They were laughing stocks last year and will be again if they decide to rejoin.

Hockey Eyes

Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:18 pm

chesterfriedchicken wrote:Cranford won't have a team to coach. If he does Phonse will have to add another digit to the visiting teams goals on the scoreboard. No players are coming back to play for a team with no fans, Jim Hare involved, or for pennies compared to other teams. They were laughing stocks last year and will be again if they decide to rejoin.
Chester I see you have grown tired of the other site . I am not surprised . Like the league it has become a two team affair... Clarenville and Grand Falls.
You are wrong about the ability of Mount Pearl to ice a team. They , the players , do after all play for money and they , Mount Pearl, do have the legitimate rights to players. " Playing for pennies "... you aren't suggesting they break the cap surely ??
Next year i would expect there will be an east and west division. As I am sure you know the CeeBees can't bus twenty players to the west coast and put them up in a hotel and feed them and pay them when four hundred fans show up to the game on Deer Lake . The same is true in the other direction . Deer Lake can't afford to play in front of a few hundred at the SWM in Harbour Grace. I hope the CeeBees are in an east division next year with Mount pearl and another team that may be the Caribous. If you listened to the audio case on Saturday of the Clarenville- GFW game the league president indicated that there had to be an easy-west setup for the league to survive.
I expect you know that. The good news this year is that the league and HNL will bend over backwards to keep the CeeBees afloat for this year so the whole thing can be organized.
To be honest I don't think anything will help the CeeBees or Mount Pearl. Mile One and the Icecaps beckons. The world of hockey has changed.

#1BousFan

Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:38 pm

Not much talk on the aeshl on here, Are they still going or what? lol
Clarenville Caribous 2018 Herder Champions
Clarenville Caribous--2012 Herder Champions
Clarenville Caribous- 2011 Allan Cup Champions
Clarenville Caribous- -2010 Herder Champions
Clarenville Caribous- 2009 Herder Champions

Hockey Eyes

Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:41 pm

#1BousFan wrote:Not much talk on the aeshl on here, Are they still going or what? lol

Still going. All the teams will be back next year. How about with the NSHL ? Will they all be back . It appears your attendance has dropped off .

Blades On The Ice

Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:02 pm

Hockey Eyes wrote:
#1BousFan wrote:Not much talk on the aeshl on here, Are they still going or what? lol

Still going. All the teams will be back next year. How about with the NSHL ? Will they all be back . It appears your attendance has dropped off .
where?

#1BousFan

Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:25 am

Hockey Eyes wrote:

Deer Lake is not bad, Gander, Grand Falls & Clarenville are still going strong, Ceebee's are having trouble with fans that is because they are so used to the Ceebees dominating every year, If the Ceebees can make the play-offs I am sure the fans will turn up for that
Clarenville Caribous 2018 Herder Champions
Clarenville Caribous--2012 Herder Champions
Clarenville Caribous- 2011 Allan Cup Champions
Clarenville Caribous- -2010 Herder Champions
Clarenville Caribous- 2009 Herder Champions

chesterfriedchicken

Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:45 am

Hockey Eyes wrote:
chesterfriedchicken wrote:Cranford won't have a team to coach. If he does Phonse will have to add another digit to the visiting teams goals on the scoreboard. No players are coming back to play for a team with no fans, Jim Hare involved, or for pennies compared to other teams. They were laughing stocks last year and will be again if they decide to rejoin.
Chester I see you have grown tired of the other site . I am not surprised . Like the league it has become a two team affair... Clarenville and Grand Falls.
You are wrong about the ability of Mount Pearl to ice a team. They , the players , do after all play for money and they , Mount Pearl, do have the legitimate rights to players. " Playing for pennies "... you aren't suggesting they break the cap surely ??
Next year i would expect there will be an east and west division. As I am sure you know the CeeBees can't bus twenty players to the west coast and put them up in a hotel and feed them and pay them when four hundred fans show up to the game on Deer Lake . The same is true in the other direction . Deer Lake can't afford to play in front of a few hundred at the SWM in Harbour Grace. I hope the CeeBees are in an east division next year with Mount pearl and another team that may be the Caribous. If you listened to the audio case on Saturday of the Clarenville- GFW game the league president indicated that there had to be an easy-west setup for the league to survive.
I expect you know that. The good news this year is that the league and HNL will bend over backwards to keep the CeeBees afloat for this year so the whole thing can be organized.
To be honest I don't think anything will help the CeeBees or Mount Pearl. Mile One and the Icecaps beckons. The world of hockey has changed.
they could have the rights to 100 players, with the people involved the players will not play. Yes play for pennies. I wasn't indicating they needed to break the cap, but when a guy can get $250/game with unlimited sticks, meals, gas money, and play in front of 1000 fans as opposed to $100/game, if you break a stick and want another, you buy a new one or pay for half of it, and play in front of 3-400 fans who only cheer if a ref falls down or the other team scores.........good luck getting the players back.

Audiocast and fundraise all you want, it'll be all for nothing. Do the league a favor and don't join to fold again, its been twice in 5-6 years. Everyone applauds the effort, but without a competitive team it's all for naught.

tg35

Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:14 am

chesterfriedchicken wrote:
Hockey Eyes wrote:
they could have the rights to 100 players, with the people involved the players will not play. Yes play for pennies. I wasn't indicating they needed to break the cap, but when a guy can get $250/game with unlimited sticks, meals, gas money, and play in front of 1000 fans as opposed to $100/game, if you break a stick and want another, you buy a new one or pay for half of it, and play in front of 3-400 fans who only cheer if a ref falls down or the other team scores.........good luck getting the players back.

Audiocast and fundraise all you want, it'll be all for nothing. Do the league a favor and don't join to fold again, its been twice in 5-6 years. Everyone applauds the effort, but without a competitive team it's all for naught.

cant agree with chester more
Mount Pearl Senior Blades
A Proud History
6 Years, Two Folds
- 2012-2013- folded shop
- 2007-2008- folded shop

LETS GO BLADES

Game Warden

Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:45 pm

Good posts there Chester.It sure takes a lot of money to run a hockey team but when you have little fan support it becomes even more harder.As for players I agree one would play where he gets his best offer instead of paying his half own way as you said for sticks.
“People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.” ( George Orwell )

• Information