Caps Takes Series Lead

East Coast Senior Hockey League - Teams include CeeBees, Breakers, Eagles, Caps & Blues
Hockey Eyes
What is the shape of a hockey puck?: triangle

Fri Mar 28, 2014 11:06 pm

The Caps beat the Torbay Rona Eagles 5-1 tonight in game five of their series . It wasn't much of a game . The Caps deserved to win . The Eagles gave up two five minute boatds ong majors and one double minor .That put5s them shorthanded for 14 minutes . They gave up goals in the last thirty seconds of both five minute power plays. Their defense plays the box too low. The two high men collapse in. It may be because of being tired at the end of a long kill but it means shots from the points with lots of traffic in front . .
Eagles goalie Bronson Dawe didn't do well controlling the puck after initial shots from the points. The Caps shoot well from the point. A lot of low hard wrist shots. Always a good play. Without James Cadigan the Eagles are a brick short of a load. He makes a big difference. The Eagles also had a minute and fifty second two man advantage and didn't score so ... there ya go.
A great crowd of hundreds. Along the back rail one hundred and ten people drinking beer almost all of them young .I counted them I didn't win the 50/50 but I had a cold beer and never got my money's worth at the game. Game 6 is tomorrow night at Rogers Bussey Arena . . I don't think there will be a game seven but ... I HAVE been wrong before ..

superfan

Sat Mar 29, 2014 12:07 am

How about the fries ?

herder head

Sat Mar 29, 2014 12:03 pm

Glad I didn't spend two and a half hours driving to see that game. I havn't watched many games in this league since the CeeBees left but I thought Northeast would take it because the Caps lost a couple of key players to the provincial league in the off season. When is game 6? The Sportspage says Sunday at Rogers Bussey.

Hockey Eyes

Sat Mar 29, 2014 1:41 pm

Sunday it is . Carl is right . I hope James Cadigan doesn't try and play. The Eagles are not the same without him but in the end this is just hockey. If the Eagles don't take TWO major penalties they might be alright .
You know herder head what this league really needs is the CeeBees or a team from that general area . Spaniards Bay or something. I also think Mount Pearl would do nicely in here as a good "fit " If the CeeBees stay in senior then Mount Pearl CAN survive but if the CeeBees go it might be best if they BOTH came in here.
BTW I'm not going to Rogers Bussey to watch this weekend . It just isn't a fans arena. Its a rink really.

herder head

Sat Mar 29, 2014 3:42 pm

I think most fans out here around the bay wouldn't mind if the CeeBees returned to the Avalon East. We would have a home game every Saturday night, cheaper ticket prices, likely more local players in the lineup, and some pretty entertaining hockey. Can't see financially how CBN can keep going in the provincial league. We'll have to see what next season brings.

I'll likely stay away from Rogers Bussey as well, might take in game 7 if it goes that far.

• Information