Will there be a league this year???

NL Major Midget "AAA" - St. John's Maple Leafs, Western Kings, Central IcePak, and the Northern Huskies.
Jim
What is the shape of a hockey puck?: triangle

Mon Oct 12, 2009 7:20 pm

The only difference in Decker moving from St.John's to Gander is thatboth his parents are from Gander.They both moved to Gander. He didn't go and move into an appartment by himself or go live with " Great Aunt Alice" who has probley been dead for years. I will not sugar coat it Decker moved to gander because he wasn't going to make St.john's. Central didn't call him and invite him to try out. They were moved before the season started. St.John's has been calling players since last year. They went to Andrew Matheson about moving to St,John's and went he told him he was going to Prep School they went directly to Scott Walsh. Its bad enough that they have half the population to pick from....its bad enough they got ice on all summer...its bad enough they can get their players together for practice and the longest drive anyone got is 20 minutes.... The deck is stacked against the other teams in this league and then the devils go and raid the best players from each team.

InTheFog

Tue Oct 13, 2009 12:12 am

The rule states that they have to live in the area of the team on which they are going to play for six months and from what I see the Fog Devils are keeping to within the rules. If the hockey people here want that changed then they should go to HNL and have it changed. People in Grand Falls-Windsor wouldn't have far to go because that's where the HNL Head Offices are.

Jim

Tue Oct 13, 2009 11:50 am

InTheFog wrote:The rule states that they have to live in the area of the team on which they are going to play for six months and from what I see the Fog Devils are keeping to within the rules. If the hockey people here want that changed then they should go to HNL and have it changed. People in Grand Falls-Windsor wouldn't have far to go because that's where the HNL Head Offices are.

So what you are saying is Scott Walsh was living in St Johns for six months before he tried out for the devils. Would of been a long drive to practice when he was playing in corner brook

InTheFog

Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:48 am

Never said that he was living in St. John's at all. Just stating the rules.

Jim

Wed Oct 14, 2009 5:07 pm

You Stated "The rule states that they have to live in the area of the team on which they are going to play for six months and from what I see the Fog Devils are keeping to within the rules" Then I point out that Waslh would have had to live in st.johns in Feb or Mar for the Fog Devils to be following the rules. He didnt move into st johns until the tryouts so how are the fog devils following the rules??????????????

geoela

Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:29 pm

Bang on Jim. I wanted to address that myself but you did it for me. St. John's recruited him (Walsh), just like they have done with many other kids when they felt their team wasn't as strong as they wanted. Absolutely ridiculous.
The rules were not followed here.

InTheFog

Thu Oct 15, 2009 12:10 am

Jim wrote:You Stated "The rule states that they have to live in the area of the team on which they are going to play for six months and from what I see the Fog Devils are keeping to within the rules" Then I point out that Waslh would have had to live in st.johns in Feb or Mar for the Fog Devils to be following the rules. He didnt move into st johns until the tryouts so how are the fog devils following the rules??????????????
Didn't say that they were or weren't just stating what the HNL rule is that's all.

geoela

Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:31 am

You Stated "The rule states that they have to live in the area of the team on which they are going to play for six months and from what I seethe Fog Devils are keeping to within the rules"

What exactly is it that you see? You said the Fog Devils kept within the rules. Jim corrected you on that by saying the kid in question didn't live in St. John's for the appropriate time period of 6 months. So, St. John's didn't follow the rules, and what's worse, HNL allowed them to break the rules. Can you see that?

And regarding Tri Pen, if they were not given a few players who were cut by the Fog Devils, there would not be a 3 team league...just the Fog Devils and the Central/Western combination team. As I said before, Central, Tri Pen, Western and Northern, and/or whatever, should have their own league without the Fog Devils. It would be a much better league.

FanOfHabs

Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:00 am

geoela, I don't think the Fog Devils would mind playing in a different league than the other midget AAA teams. From what I hear, they'd prefer to play in the St. John's Junior B Hockey League but the junior league turned down their application.

geoela

Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:13 am

That is correct FanOfHabs. The JR league got them out a few years back when they were the AAA Leafs. You propably won't see them back there ever again, and they should NOT be there. Look, I feel bad for the kids on the Fog Devils team. They should be given a game of competitive hockey, but between their own people running their team and HNL, this is not being allowed to happen. Devide them into 2 even teams. By doing this, the rest of the teams on the island will probably compete. Also, both of their teams would get a good game of hockey. They can still go to the Monctonian, or whatever tourny they want, as a stronger shortened team. I really think this can be done. But it won't be allowed until there are changes made within HNL.

• Information