Will there be a league this year???

NL Major Midget "AAA" - St. John's Maple Leafs, Western Kings, Central IcePak, and the Northern Huskies.
geoela
What is the shape of a hockey puck?: triangle

Wed Sep 09, 2009 2:36 pm

Looks like the NL Midget AAA league is on shaky ground this year, thanks to the greed of the "MEN??" running the Fog Devils. The Western Kings have folded...thanks, in part, to the Fog Devils luring their goalie from them. Some of the Western players are now practicing with the Central Ice Pak. The Tri-Pen Frost are about to fold, thanks to the Fog Devils not allowing cut players to play with the Frost. So, IF the Ice Pak/Kings combination can get off the ground, there will be a 2 team Midget AAA league in NL this year. Awesome job Fog Devils! Oh, and I know you didn't do it all by yourselves...you had lots of help from HNL...for allowing you do all of this damage.

western fan

Wed Sep 09, 2009 9:59 pm

Whoever you are, you're a very negative person, and it's this type of crap and mindless accusations that spoil sports for the kids. Here's some advise, "it's better to keep your mouth shut and let people think that you're stupid than to open your mouth and prove it."

geoela

Thu Sep 10, 2009 2:54 am

I am not being negative. What I said is factual. The Western team HAS folded. Hopfully the Frost can still get going, but it will take the Fog Devils organization to let the Frost have their cuts for this to happen. You, are very ignorant...in many ways. You talk about sport for the good of the kids...well DH, it is the kids I am concerned about. The fact that a bunch of grown men can take hockey away from so many good kids really bothers me. It obviously doesn't bother you. If you can't come on here without calling more advanced people than yourself stupid, maybe you should keep your posts at 1. Now that you have finished reading this, you can put your head back up your arse.

western fan

Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:04 am

geoela.....Sorry about that, I wasn't factual in my earlier response to your "facts". Let me rephrase, your "facts" as you see them are ill informed or as some people say.....BS.

If you took the time to look at the Fog Devils website there are 5 goalies still left in their camp ( A FACT), yet you claim as a fact, that "The Western Kings have folded...thanks, in part, to the Fog Devils luring their goalie from them????" Would one player destroy the team????? The word speculation better describes your version of reality.

As for the team folding, I can't see how that's a suprise. It seemed that High School hockey was #1 last year so why would anyone expect the AAA to continue? If it's high school hockey that they want then so be it, people should accept and support it.

As for Tri-Pen, if your speculation here in this case is factual, and is in accordance with the current league rules, then it's something that the league should address with respect to it's try-out rules and roster completion dates.

Regarding your statement about advanced people, it's interesting that you felt the need to defend it. You've proven my point about when it's better to keep your mouth shut and keep your spectulative, fear mongering, posts to zero. In the meantime, when you take the time to get your head out of the clouds, you can stick it up your arse and reload for another round of crap.

geoela

Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:18 pm

I have also witnessed the School Hockey vs Midget AAA battle in my neck of the woods. I think kids should be able to play both School Hockey and Midget AAA, if they so desire. What I saw was a AAA coaching staff forcing kids to make a decision between HS and AAA. The HS coaches wanted to work with the AAA scheduling so as not to have any conflicts. (just so you know, I am not referring to the Western area...although I was aware of this happening there over the past couple of years) But the AAA coaches were not co-operating. It was a nightmare.

Sure...if kids just plain don't want to play AAA hockey, that is their choice. But come on now...all of Western NL can't get enough players to make one AAA hockey team? That just don't make sense. Central aren't getting the numbers either. Also, players who could easily make their Central AAA team are choosing not to play. There are obvious reasons for this. I think one is because of the strength of the 1 team in St John's year after year. The St John's area should have at least 2 teams. They have the population to support it. That way, the other areas would probably ice competitive teams. You could have a 5 or 6 team league. I can only guess that kids are sick of getting trounced 15-2 every time they have to play against the Fog Devils. Thay have no problem getting kids to play in the AA leagues in Western and Central. But instead of bending to come down a little to meet the other teams, they are recruiting other areas to get even stronger.

Also, with the Major Junior and Junior A leagues attracting the more talented players, it can really kill an area rep team that doesn't have the numbers that St John's has to draw from. As an example, I'll use Brandon Hynes. He is a player that Western could build a good team around. When you lose his calibre, it hurts.

Anyway, enough of this pissing match with you. I think we both have a passion for the game and hate to see leagues end. It is unfortunate that Midget AAA and also the C/W Junior league are on shaky ground this year. It was only a matter of time though. There are ways to save them both. They may not be as high calibre as before, but they can be saved. For example...if St John's were to have 2 rep teams, this could help save the league. They could still form 1 team to go play in the Monctonian, and compete for the Telus cup. Just try to let the NL Midget league survive so all kids in NL can enjoy it.

InTheFog

Sun Oct 04, 2009 12:01 am

Tri-Pen also has nine players from the St. John's area playing on their team this year too.

liney11

Sun Oct 04, 2009 11:24 pm

The league should of folded this year and put the Foggies in The Jr league. I was at both games this weekend and I tell you now it was the most boring thing I've ever saw. Not to mention the parents from Central both games should be ashamed of themselves for what they were yelling to both the Fog Devils Players and officials.

Jim

Mon Oct 05, 2009 12:17 pm

Wow another great towny attitude. I was also at the two games this weekend and from what I saw St. John's are in a lot of trouble. Yeah I know they won 10 - 3 but lets look at a few things. Central has had one practice as a team and it was there first game. The Devils has had 6 Jr games and been practicing for over a month now. They should be winning by a lot more than 7 goals. And to throw it out there 4 of the Devils goals were questionable due to being offsides. The officiating was brutile and before you jump all over me let me state that I am a hockey fan......not a central fan or a St.johns fan. The Devils team is supposed to compete for the Telus cup next year..hahahahahahah they might not win the Province....

liney11

Mon Oct 05, 2009 1:42 pm

Jim wrote:Wow another great towny attitude. I was also at the two games this weekend and from what I saw St. John's are in a lot of trouble. Yeah I know they won 10 - 3 but lets look at a few things. Central has had one practice as a team and it was there first game. The Devils has had 6 Jr games and been practicing for over a month now. They should be winning by a lot more than 7 goals. And to throw it out there 4 of the Devils goals were questionable due to being offsides. The officiating was brutile and before you jump all over me let me state that I am a hockey fan......not a central fan or a St.johns fan. The Devils team is supposed to compete for the Telus cup next year..hahahahahahah they might not win the Province....
I agree with you that they should be winning by more but they have NOT played 6 junior games. I know that for sure. The officiating was pretty bad Friday night but it picked up a bit on saturday. And yes I am a townie born andbread if you got a problem with that grow a set and tell me.

Blast97

Mon Oct 05, 2009 4:16 pm

Liney11 not going to lie your the reason why people say bad things about the East "Townies"....So I just grew a set and said it.

St Johns will always win this league, and everyone knows that. So whats the big deal. I agree let them play in the Jr Leagues. But take them cage's off.

• Information