Newfoundland All-stars

Central West Senior Hockey League discussions - Clarenville Caribous, Grand Falls Windsor Cataracts & Gander Flyers.
bousclues
What is the shape of a hockey puck?: triangle

Sat Apr 19, 2014 3:07 pm

Wade, Bentley still bus half the team out from Calgary? Must be nice to have such a large city to recruit from...and to think they still had five players on last years team not from Alberta.

Catch 22

Sat Apr 19, 2014 3:09 pm

bousclues wrote:Wade, Bentley still bus half the team out from Calgary? Must be nice to have such a large city to recruit from...and to think they still had five players on last years team not from Alberta.
Shhhhhh Bousclues.... don't go exposing Wades dirtly laundry.... Sure god forbid they have even had Newfoundlanders play for Bentley

bousclues

Sat Apr 19, 2014 3:13 pm

So jimmy and wade, whats your argument? Bentley who can sign who they want from where ever they want at start of year against a team that is in draft system league with only two imports is fair? Grow up boy.
Want to be fair let grandfalls or clarenville sight who ever they want at start of year like Bentley and other centres are doing and I can tell u, they blow ya out of the water.

bousclues

Sat Apr 19, 2014 3:14 pm

Catch 22 wrote:
bousclues wrote:Wade, Bentley still bus half the team out from Calgary? Must be nice to have such a large city to recruit from...and to think they still had five players on last years team not from Alberta.
Shhhhhh Bousclues.... don't go exposing Wades dirtly laundry.... Sure god forbid they have even had Newfoundlanders play for Bentley
Yup, I remember the year good old terry Ryan played and was their leading scorer

Jimmy

Sat Apr 19, 2014 3:17 pm

bogeyman wrote:
Jimmy wrote:Man, this discussion is hilarious. When did the Delaneys become such superstars? It must've been after the Cats kicked their asses in the Herder finals. By leaving the Delaney's home and picking up the Cats, Flyers and CeeBees players the quality of your team improved considerably. You know it even if you won't admit it. :lol: :lol:
Won't admit it ? I said that exact thing. ... read. Try debating what was actually said instead of making s*it up. If you are capable of reading you'll see that I already said the APs made the team better. I never said the Delaney were superstars. I said they were two of the best players on the team. The Cats didn't kick the Caribous assess in the Herder. OT in Game 6. Clearly you know next to nothing about Sr Hockey in this province. The more you post the more you prove it.
I was responding to Catch 22. Who the **** are you anyways?

Jimmy

Sat Apr 19, 2014 3:18 pm

Catch 22 wrote:
Jimmy wrote:Man, this discussion is hilarious. When did the Delaneys become such superstars? It must've been after the Cats kicked their asses in the Herder finals. By leaving the Delaney's home and picking up the Cats, Flyers and CeeBees players the quality of your team improved considerably. You know it even if you won't admit it. :lol: :lol:
Jimmy.... hard fought series... and congrats to the Cats, they won and were obviously the better team.

That being said both the Cataracts and Caribous are two very well matched, very skilled teams... from top to bottom. It's my understanding that Keith Delaney doesn't fly and that's why he didn't pursue a hockey career. I'm sure he will be looking forward to playing in next years AC.
Agreed Catch.. Good luck this afternoon.

Wade

Sat Apr 19, 2014 3:24 pm

bousclues wrote:So jimmy and wade, whats your argument? Bentley who can sign who they want from where ever they want at start of year against a team that is in draft system league with only two imports is fair? Grow up boy.
Want to be fair let grandfalls or clarenville sight who ever they want at start of year like Bentley and other centres are doing and I can tell u, they blow ya out of the water.
Of course they can sign whomever they want at the start of the season. There is no draft system. That's a league rule in NLSHL. It has nothing to do with the Allan Cup.

They can't use other SR AAA teams players. Clarenville can. That's the difference. Said it 1000 times.

Please...catch-22...just stop. You don't know the rules your own team in using. Nevermind other parts of Canada.

Your embarrassing the good folks here who are informed/smart and objective and making it look like 'Bous fans are ignorant & selfish and I know that's not the case for the majority of them.

Wade

Sat Apr 19, 2014 3:28 pm

bousclues wrote:
Catch 22 wrote:
Yup, I remember the year good old terry Ryan played and was their leading scorer

TR was a great player for The Army. They found him a job in Alberta & he was fun to watch. Fun to listen to, as well.

I'm not sure his playing situation prior to coming to Bentley...but...he was on the Gens' roster all year. He wasn't an Affiliate Player. He might have fallen under "Import" status with Hockey Canada.

Doesn't really matter. That's got eff all to do with what were talking about here because ALL Senior teams...no matter what level they play at...can sign import players. Its a capped number....but...its an afforded option for everyone. Including Clarenville.

bousclues

Sat Apr 19, 2014 3:30 pm

Wade wrote:
bousclues wrote:So jimmy and wade, whats your argument? Bentley who can sign who they want from where ever they want at start of year against a team that is in draft system league with only two imports is fair? Grow up boy.
Of course they can sign whomever they want at the start of the season. There is no draft system. That's a league rule in NLSHL. It has nothing to do with the Allan Cup.

They can't use other SR AAA teams players. Clarenville can. That's the difference. Said it 1000 times.

Please...catch-22...just stop. You don't know the rules your own team in using. Nevermind other parts of Canada.

Your embarrassing the good folks here who are informed/smart and objective and making it look like 'Bous fans are ignorant & selfish and I know that's not the case for the majority of them.
Bous never signed a single player from other aaa teams only aa and Bentley could have done the same.
Last edited by bousclues on Sat Apr 19, 2014 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Catch 22

Sat Apr 19, 2014 3:31 pm

Wade wrote:

I understand plenty about the rules... Your team lost... I realize what you're going through right now.

You know...I truly and honestly feel sorry for you. I hope that some day you grow up and change that mentality of yours.

• Information