East vs West Herder Final in 2015

Central West Senior Hockey League discussions - Clarenville Caribous, Grand Falls Windsor Cataracts & Gander Flyers.
catsfan200

Sun Jun 15, 2014 11:55 am

2011 Herder Champions
2014 Herder Champions
2015 Herder Champions
2016 Herder Champions
Go Cats Go!

Follow me on twitter @markie800200

Hockey Eyes
What colour is a puck?: black

Sun Jun 15, 2014 2:09 pm

This is exactly what i said would happen. Jack Lee Joe Maynard and Gary Gale and a coup0le of more people run hockey in Newfoundland but they run it pretty well. The last piece in the puzzle will be when it is announced the Herder finals will be played at Mile One and at the Pepsi Centre on the west coast nand the AESHL rep will be allowed "strengthening" players just like our Allan Cup rep.

geoguy

Sun Jun 15, 2014 2:35 pm

Hockey Eyes wrote:This is exactly what i said would happen. Jack Lee Joe Maynard and Gary Gale and a coup0le of more people run hockey in Newfoundland but they run it pretty well. The last piece in the puzzle will be when it is announced the Herder finals will be played at Mile One and at the Pepsi Centre on the west coast nand the AESHL rep will be allowed "strengthening" players just like our Allan Cup rep.
We all know how history repeats itself in Newfoundland senior hockey. Herder finals at the Pepsi centre will flop like it did in the past as unless of course the royals are the west representative. If clarenville is the west rep then the move will be made to play all games at MO.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
Go Cats GO
2011 WCSHL Regular Season Champs
2011 WCSHL Champs
2011 Herder Champs
2013 NLSHL regular season champs
2014 regular season and herder champs
2015 herder champs
2016 regular season champs
2016 cwshl champs
2017 cwshl regular season champs.

The Voice

Sun Jun 15, 2014 4:21 pm

I thought East vs West was great a few years back. I suggest an all star team from the AEHL if the WCSHL are allowed imports.

geoguy

Sun Jun 15, 2014 6:37 pm

The Voice wrote:I thought East vs West was great a few years back. I suggest an all star team from the AEHL if the WCSHL are allowed imports.
I agree totally about the east vs. west being great a few years back. I found it interesting seeing the team in your league whom you know their strengths and weaknesses play team in which you know nothing about. My prior comments had nothing to do with the east vs. west format but rather the venue issue.
Go Cats GO
2011 WCSHL Regular Season Champs
2011 WCSHL Champs
2011 Herder Champs
2013 NLSHL regular season champs
2014 regular season and herder champs
2015 herder champs
2016 regular season champs
2016 cwshl champs
2017 cwshl regular season champs.

Hockey Eyes

Sun Jun 15, 2014 10:43 pm

I hope the AESHL has the good sense to let Mount Pearl and the CeeBees back in. I suspect they will because money talks and the promise of a truly amateur east with the prospect of revenue sharing at Mile One as a season finale is really really attractive. Good hockey at a reasonable price and not a " league of broken dreams".

Hockey

Mon Jun 16, 2014 7:42 am

OK, so three years ago the avalon east was not worthy of playing for the Herder deemed senior 'B' and now all of a sudden yes by's your instantly 'A' status again. Gee, what a bunch of ****. This format will NOT work. If the west has 3 or 4 real good imports and the east has none you can merge all teams into one and they will not compete for the Herder. Lets say Mount Pearl and CBN doesn't get accepted into the Avalon East, then things are even worst than anticipated. I suggest each league play off for their own trophy and leave it at that. The only way they should be allowed to play for the Herder is no imports anywhere.

canonball

Mon Jun 16, 2014 9:14 am

Hockey wrote:OK, so three years ago the avalon east was not worthy of playing for the Herder deemed senior 'B' and now all of a sudden yes by's your instantly 'A' status again. Gee, what a bunch of ****. This format will NOT work. If the west has 3 or 4 real good imports and the east has none you can merge all teams into one and they will not compete for the Herder. Lets say Mount Pearl and CBN doesn't get accepted into the Avalon East, then things are even worst than anticipated. I suggest each league play off for their own trophy and leave it at that. The only way they should be allowed to play for the Herder is no imports anywhere.

I guess that you live inside of the overpass,

simonsays

Mon Jun 16, 2014 9:26 am

Hockey wrote:OK, so three years ago the avalon east was not worthy of playing for the Herder deemed senior 'B' and now all of a sudden yes by's your instantly 'A' status again. Gee, what a bunch of ****. This format will NOT work. If the west has 3 or 4 real good imports and the east has none you can merge all teams into one and they will not compete for the Herder. Lets say Mount Pearl and CBN doesn't get accepted into the Avalon East, then things are even worst than anticipated. I suggest each league play off for their own trophy and leave it at that. The only way they should be allowed to play for the Herder is no imports anywhere.
East can't compete with the west, sorry central west without imports. The herder is a trophy awarded to the amateur sr. champions. Imports aren't amateur, therefore the new league should get a new trophy and play for it. I don't foresee the ceebees and blades joining the east league. After suing the league, they won't be welcomed back right away. Why would they? League survived without them. Let the 4 existing teams get stronger by adding the players from each team for a competitive league. Letting two teams back in that sued the league 3 years ago is a pipe dream. On another note, how can you possibly let those two teams join with the players they have? Each team in the east is made up of locals, plus what was obtained through the draft. The Blades and Ceebees have a max of 8-9 players each from their community. If asked to provide a list of players they have for the upcoming season, how could they? They left for the greener pastures of the Provincial league with high hopes, sued the East league upon departure, my vote is to let them lie in the beds they made.
Someone mentioned an all-star team playing off against the west? To accomplish what? A bunch of guys who hated each other all year joining together for 2-3 practices and heading out to compete against a team that's played together all year, with imports? Sound like a good idea..........makes zero sense.
GET AT ME WOLF

bogeyman

Mon Jun 16, 2014 1:53 pm

Time to get past this nonsense about imports not being allowed to play for the Herder because they are not amateurs. Two points. First ALL players get paid not JUdy imports. Second, teams using import players have competed for the Herder since the 1950's. People talk about this like it's something new. It's not new and it's something the fans definitely want. These players add a lot to the entertainment value of the games and attract fans to the arenas. As someone who is on the inside of how teams operate has already stated imports do not add that much to the overall cost of a team's operations. Their impact gets constantly overestimated. The problem is not that one league allows imports. The problem is that the two leagues have different philosophies. The west teams exist to provide entertainment for fans so the fans want the best players possible. The east league provides a place for players to get a game of hockey but very little fan interest. They exist for different reasons. Apples and oranges.

• Information