Caribous Signing

Central West Senior Hockey League discussions - Clarenville Caribous, Grand Falls Windsor Cataracts & Gander Flyers.
Caribous insider
What is the shape of a hockey puck?: triangle

Wed Jul 30, 2014 7:42 pm

Wade wrote:
Caribous insider wrote:
Wade wrote:Moving players around from team to team, in the middle of summer, hardly presents a hard-luck image for your league, CI.

On the contrary, it appears to be a league operated under a professional type of constitution with year round activity & money.
Typical response when you dont have any answers........

No need for me to explain the rules or answer questions regarding the rules. You can look it up yourself, it's all there in Hockey Canada's' website.

That's one of the neat things about actually playing by the rules as they're laid out...it's so much simpler than making it up as you go. ;)
Well thats wonderful for you then Wade.....you'll no longer need to continue to repeat your self over and over again. People can go read the rules and decide for themselves if Hockey Newfoundland and Labrador is breaking the rules at the AC tournments. And if anybody feels the way you do, then they can take their complaints to Hockey Canada. ;-)

superfan

Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:15 pm

:ymapplause:

...... see you in bouville Wade.

.... the salt fish will be on water , do you like hard tack ?

bart

Mon Aug 04, 2014 11:03 am

From watching the Allan Cup, I believe the Caribous should go after some big, powerful defencemen. They seemed to be getting pushed around. They have enough forwards, but not much defence.

canonball

Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:21 pm

Bart were you at the Allan cup ? Did you think that Roach, Victor, Gallant, Short and O Brien were pushed around ... I think that you were watching the wrong games

bart

Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:01 am

wasn't at the Allan Cup, Cannonball, don't want to offend anyone. Seemed to me Dundas were kinda pushing our players around a bit, and nobody seemed to step in. Just what it looked like on TV. A couple of times the commentators said Dundas were bigger and stronger and more experienced.. Speaking of Doug O'Brien, gotta go with him more. So much talent, wasn't used enough in my opinion. I guess if you were there watching, you saw things I didn't and more power to you.

canonball

Fri Aug 08, 2014 12:58 pm

No Bart ,didn`t mean to come on so strong .. Yes Dundas were much bigger and experience but we had more speed and we were not pushed around , as a matter of fact I think that we had the better team but we lost one of our star players from a cheap call .To say that they were pushed around , by no means do you push Short ,Victor ,Roach and O`Brien around ... Dundas team was picked for that ice surface and they picked their team at the start of the season just for the allan cup

Hockey Eyes

Sun Aug 10, 2014 10:37 am

Canon the annoucers did make that point that bart referenced and that is that Dundas were bigger and stronger and more experienced. He wasn't being critical of the Caribous just that Dundas was beginning to put its physical " print" on the game. I started to notice that after it was referenced . The Caribous have some playwers that like the rough going but not all of them. it seems Dundas was picked for rough going . Still the Bous did well and should win this year of maybe Grand Falls. Home teams always have an advantage but that's hockey.

top cheese

Sun Aug 10, 2014 10:57 am

Teams build themselves in a style that they think will make them successful. There not built on the basis of the team their playing against. For example this years calder cup final had a possession team (ice caps) v physical forechecking team (stars). When one team imposed their style on the other to greater effect they were the successful team.

Experience on the NL blueline shouldn't have mattered the 4 guys you mentioned have pro experience and one with NHL. The final was a good game of hockey that went to OT and was won on a goal that had nothing to do with physicality. Unfortunately sometimes that's the way it goes in tournament hockey in a one game knock-off final!

canonball

Sun Aug 10, 2014 6:15 pm

Agree with you both , and yes Dundas was built from the start for the Allan cup , some thing that a NL team can`t do

Caribous insider

Sun Aug 10, 2014 8:47 pm

Da wife recorded the AC final for me. I couldn’t bring myself to watch it til last week. A couple of friends of mine had told me how biased they thought the TSN announcers were. I had to agree. It was terrible.

Just say’n…….

• Information