CBN and Mount Pearl get shafted again

Central West Senior Hockey League discussions - Clarenville Caribous, Grand Falls Windsor Cataracts & Gander Flyers.

Mysterious Unicorn
What is the shape of a hockey puck?: triangle

Wed Aug 27, 2014 2:18 pm

petty

#1BousFan

Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:01 pm

that really sucks
Clarenville Caribous 2018 Herder Champions
Clarenville Caribous--2012 Herder Champions
Clarenville Caribous- 2011 Allan Cup Champions
Clarenville Caribous- -2010 Herder Champions
Clarenville Caribous- 2009 Herder Champions

HockeyFan29

Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:51 pm

Are you serious? They abruptly left the league and then sued the league for thousand's of dollars. And you're really wondering why they're not allowed back. Use your head man.

Gomez

Wed Aug 27, 2014 4:32 pm

I'd imagine the AESHL does not want to turn back into a league where 2 teams dominate the rest. They have a good thing going right now where players are not really getting paid and games are competitive. I'd imagine the Cee Bees and Blades probably submitted their rosters with too many Senior A caliber players.

It would have been nice to expand the league and to give more young men a chance to play competitive hockey after Junior B. Not allowing the Cee Bees, Blades and even Whitebourne to join will mean more players in the draft. The players that are currently in the Avalon East will be displaced by these new players coming in. This will leave more young men without a game of competitive hockey.

But hey, I'm all for teaching Mount Pearl and the Cee Bees a lesson for leaving the league a few years ago. It's just too bad that the players and fans have to suffer because the GM's and League Representatives can't get along.

canonball

Wed Aug 27, 2014 7:48 pm

I think that they wrote their own epitaph

Hockey Eyes

Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:01 pm

canonball wrote:I think that they wrote their own epitaph

I think the rejection of both CBN and Mount Pearl makes some sense in the eyes of the AESHL. They have a nice league going down there with an expanded talent pool following the collapse of the NSHL and the emergence of the west league. Avalon east doesn't NEED the Blades or the CeeBees right now. It opens up a whole lot of issues about rights to players etc if they came in.
Next year might be a better time to look at the whole hockey situation . Right now it looks to be a very competitive league with good hockey. People also need to remember that it is love of hockey and sponsors that drive the league. No team has a real fan base to speak of but they don't have to worry about salaries either.
Last edited by Hockey Eyes on Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

canonball

Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:22 pm

looks like they want to keep the beer league going as is

top cheese

Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:49 pm

Petty politics again hinder the development of senior hockey and put players out of a game!

Caribous insider

Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:02 pm

Heres some food for thought......

The Caribous, Blades and CBs decided to form their own league a couple of years back. Thats when these two teams left the AESHL and the Caribous parted ways with the West. Everybody remembers that. Its also the same time that the DL Red Wings folded. I dont think anybody really saw that coming and it threw a monkey wrench into everything. The vision was that those two leagues....the new league and the WCSHL would each play in their own three team league with a little interlocking play and everything would be good.Suddendly the Wings were out and the Cats and Royals had nowhere to play. The teams in the new league really didnt want to form another league with those two west teams......thats why they formed their own league. Very little travel ......and that was easy on the bank account and the players certainly liked the idea as well.

Now .....I said all that to say this. HNL basically told everybody involved that they had to take the Cats and Royals into the league. They would not see them with out a place to play. I wonder will we see HNL flex their muscles again in this situation?

• Information