Bous vs Royals (Game 2)

Central West Senior Hockey League discussions - Clarenville Caribous, Grand Falls Windsor Cataracts & Gander Flyers.
rusty
What is the shape of a hockey puck?: triangle

Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:02 am

With Simms not playing we need another BIG defenseman. IMO maybe trade one of our forward imports if we can't find one at home, or make a trade. Great weekend and a nice crowd.

gallerygod

Mon Nov 10, 2014 11:23 am

Here we are, the Royals have their first weekend series and the issue is the same old story..Feeble crowds on a Sunday..Although it was not mentioned in the Western Star's print edition, this morning's on-line "Morning Star" certainly mentions it. And the reporter goes on to comment that the Royals should do something like lower ticket prices for Sunday afternoon games. It has been known for years, Sunday afternoon hockey has always been a lost cause. I feel sorry for all the months of effort and timeless hours by volunteers to get the Royals back in Corner Brook. In the end they get a slap in the face when only 600 bothered to show up.

rusty

Mon Nov 10, 2014 11:53 am

gallerygod wrote:Here we are, the Royals have their first weekend series and the issue is the same old story..Feeble crowds on a Sunday..Although it was not mentioned in the Western Star's print edition, this morning's on-line "Morning Star" certainly mentions it. And the reporter goes on to comment that the Royals should do something like lower ticket prices for Sunday afternoon games. It has been known for years, Sunday afternoon hockey has always been a lost cause. I feel sorry for all the months of effort and timeless hours by volunteers to get the Royals back in Corner Brook. In the end they get a slap in the face when only 600 bothered to show up.
Don't know where they got the 6oo figure, i was told from an inside sourse there were a little over 800 which is good for a Sunday, also Saturday there were a little over 2300 fans, Ask Shawn he can tell you.

gallerygod

Mon Nov 10, 2014 12:06 pm

The reporter who made the 600 figure estimate was at the game. He didn't get it second hand. He saw it. And if you saw a picture that was on the Western Star web site yesterday, 600 was being kind.

superfan

Mon Nov 10, 2014 12:33 pm

gallerygod wrote:The reporter who made the 600 figure estimate was at the game. He didn't get it second hand. He saw it. And if you saw a picture that was on the Western Star web site yesterday, 600 was being kind.

Gallery the info for Sunday was paid attendance .

3100 fans for a weekend are very admirable numbers .

.... the Pepsi Center is a big Barn that is hard to fill and 800 fans in this barn is hard to notice .

All the very best this season .

gallerygod

Mon Nov 10, 2014 12:50 pm

Well someone should say the Western Star is wrong and tell them so. You add up the Saturday attendance in the print edition of close to 2,000 and you add the Sunday figure from this morning's on line Morning Star of 600, the numbers are not close to the 3,100.

superfan

Mon Nov 10, 2014 2:15 pm

gallerygod wrote:Well someone should say the Western Star is wrong and tell them so. You add up the Saturday attendance in the print edition of close to 2,000 and you add the Sunday figure from this morning's on line Morning Star of 600, the numbers are not close to the 3,100.

I heard 2300 for Saturday and 800 for Sunday .

Gallery this team deserves a full barn and as I said before the Pepsi Center is a hard barn to fill .

.... and again the Royals DO have the product .

gallerygod

Mon Nov 10, 2014 2:20 pm

You heard...well..call Dave Kearsey to say he is wrong about Saturday night..And then call Gary Kean..who was at the game and tell him he is wrong about Sunday afternoon.

rusty

Mon Nov 10, 2014 2:38 pm

gallerygod wrote:The reporter who made the 600 figure estimate was at the game. He didn't get it second hand. He saw it. And if you saw a picture that was on the Western Star web site yesterday, 600 was being kind.
My friend i was at both games, i go to every game, if you must know i got it from the executive, are you satisified now. It was the biggest crowd in about 10 years.

rusty

Mon Nov 10, 2014 2:41 pm

gallerygod wrote:You heard...well..call Dave Kearsey to say he is wrong about Saturday night..And then call Gary Kean..who was at the game and tell him he is wrong about Sunday afternoon.
Mr. Kearsey wasn't at Saturday night's game but he was there on Sunday. I haven't got to call anyone i know how many was there, did you ever think that they were only guessing like most people,

• Information