Allan Cup question

Central West Senior Hockey League discussions - Clarenville Caribous, Grand Falls Windsor Cataracts & Gander Flyers.
Wade
What is the shape of a hockey puck?: triangle

Fri Jan 30, 2015 6:50 pm

dakota wrote:
Wade wrote:All SR AAA teams can have affiliate players. And all SR AAA teams have Imoort rules.

The difference is...in Alberta...the league honours SR AAA rules.

Other Provinces have leagues which have supplemental rules which are league specific. It's the choice of certain teams to enter those leagues while also registering at SR AAA level. In the AC tournament...the league rules are NOT bindng. Only SR AAA guidelines are in effect
So your saying newfoundland doesn't honour AAA rules?

im not "saying" anything. I just stated some facts.

Among SR AAA, there are teams who don't play in any league at all. There are teams who play in a SR AAA League and there are teams who play in lower tiered SR Leagues.

The facts are: That a majority of SR AAA teams belong to a SR AAA League and they cannot affiliate each other's players because they're all at the same tier. In Newfoundlamd, the league doesn't really clarify what tier it is. They simply declare the league champion to be SR AAA level and this somehow ends up meaning that the rest of the league is SR AA, therefore qualifying the rest of the league as affiliate options.

Personally, this is more than a bit questionable & equally confusing.

To me...if the team that wins your league goes on as a SR AAA Team...the league is operating as a AAA LEGSUE. Clarenville should not be allowed to affiliate other players in the CWSHL. They should be allowed to affiliate players from a lower tiered league...just like everybody else.

canonball

Fri Jan 30, 2015 7:00 pm

evanpenton wrote:One or two...sadly they are all sh!theads like myself

took the words right out of my mouth

canonball

Fri Jan 30, 2015 7:07 pm

Wade , you are going to be double blessed this year , you have two teams from the rock

Wade

Fri Jan 30, 2015 7:27 pm

canonball wrote:Wade , you are going to be double blessed this year , you have two teams from the rock
No different than most years. The local province typically features more than one tournament participant.

And to be fair...there are some advantages the host team, as well as "the other host team" will get which are no different than past host teams. I'm not denying this at all.

I just think some people on this board have a really hard time understanding affiliation rules & usage.

bousclues

Fri Jan 30, 2015 7:31 pm

IMO this well be the best allan cup in history with the best hosts.

Wade

Fri Jan 30, 2015 7:34 pm

bousclues wrote:IMO this well be the best allan cup in history with the best hosts.
How many have you attended?

bousclues

Fri Jan 30, 2015 7:37 pm

Wade wrote:
bousclues wrote:IMO this well be the best allan cup in history with the best hosts.
Three, why?

Wade

Fri Jan 30, 2015 7:56 pm

bousclues wrote:
Wade wrote:
Three, why?
Because the trophy is over 100 yrs old and when you say this one will be the best ever it makes you sound like a homer.

Face off

Fri Jan 30, 2015 8:01 pm

Wade if he is a homer, what's wrong with that? Doesn't every fan hope that their HOST province and Rink be the best ever.

On a side note, I am willing to bet it will be the best attendance on in the last decade IF not much longer.

Wade

Fri Jan 30, 2015 8:24 pm

Face off wrote:Wade if he is a homer, what's wrong with that? Doesn't every fan hope that their HOST province and Rink be the best ever.

On a side note, I am willing to bet it will be the best attendance on in the last decade IF not much longer.
Attendance numbers will be huge. Bigger rink with bigger seating capacity and 2 local teams who both draw very well.

Is there anything wrong with being a homer? Nope. Can see it coming from a mike away though. Haha

• Information