No Tv Coverage for game 1 or 2 from NTV or CBC!!!!

Central West Senior Hockey League discussions - Clarenville Caribous, Grand Falls Windsor Cataracts & Gander Flyers.
grandfalls_station
What is the shape of a hockey puck?: triangle

Mon Mar 02, 2015 10:43 pm

Its not surprising that there was no coverage from the two Networks that serve Newfoundland and Labrador. Vocm did give the Herder the time of day but very briefly according to other results on their sports-page. It is all about the east. CBC had clip of the Icecaps great victory and a clip about honoring a basketball player from Sea Hawks. NTV sports-reel was all about the NHL and Curling. If you are going to do it for one you do it for all. If the series gets down to a possible sweep you bet your bottom dollar the CBC and NTV will be there with bells on.. I guest they all are incensed that the East didn't get to play for the Herder. Are we not entitled to fair coverage. I guess not we are beyond the the overpass..

Silverhawk

Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:36 pm

you'll more than likely see something on NTV from this weekend in GF-W.. mainly due to the fact that NTV has a reporter IN the grand falls area..
Be Loud, Be Herd. Go 'Bous Go
2015 Allan Cup Host Team

- 2012 Herder Memorial Champs
- 2011 Allan Cup Champs
- 2010 Herder Memorial Champs
- 2009 Herder Memorial Champs

rick

Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:18 am

Silverhawk wrote:you'll more than likely see something on NTV from this weekend in GF-W.. mainly due to the fact that NTV has a reporter IN the grand falls area..
No reporters in cb ?

canonball

Tue Mar 03, 2015 7:14 am

I am willing to bet that Dannys boys will make the sports news ,and if they make it to the playoffs that is all you will hear ,Ice Caps ,Ice Caps

grandfalls_station

Tue Mar 03, 2015 8:08 am

you are right on that one Cannon as they made the news Monday on Here and Never for our league only when there is controversy.

rusty

Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:23 am

Silverhawk wrote:you'll more than likely see something on NTV from this weekend in GF-W.. mainly due to the fact that NTV has a reporter IN the grand falls area..
I was surprised Don never had anything on, maybe this evening, He had a lot of events to cover with so much happening in Corner brook this past weekend.

grandfalls_station

Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:49 am

The Herder didn't rank up there. Give me a break. I can assure you if a Eastcoast team were there the media would have been there also.

puckit

Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:46 pm

grandfalls_station wrote:The Herder didn't rank up there. Give me a break. I can assure you if a Eastcoast team were there the media would have been there also.
True enough, GFS. But neither one of these give much air time to sports anyway. Maybe 2 or 3 minutes at best unless there is controversy. They'd rather give you the same weather update 6 times in one hour. Any extra local sports stories are almost exclusively St.John's related. Senior hockey is only on their radar during the Herder Final, especially if it is hosted at the Mile One. And Mark Dwyer, the sports reporter, never leaves the Avalon to report on anything. Not much you can do I guess, when there are 550 thousand people on this island and 75% of them live on the Avalon. Not much money to be made covering a hockey game on the other side of the island! "RIGHT ON" as Snook would say !!
If at first you don't succeed....PUCKIT!

catsfan96

Wed Mar 04, 2015 2:02 pm

I do have to agree, the local senior hockey sports scene is the least covered. The Advertiser does a good job getting us the news in the weekly paper, as does the Western Star. But more needs to be done on local CBC stations and even NTV, build the hype, have interviews with players/coaches. Its a shame it isn't more of a common thing per say to see NTV profiling one of the Central West teams, the only time we see it on NTV is when the Herder is won we see the Herder being passed around and sure some may look at that and say "the Herder was won over the weekend????" my oh my we need more promotion in this league because the brand of hockey is top notch.
GFW Cataracts 2010/2011 Herder Champs
GFW Cataracts 2013/2014 Herder Champs
GFW Cataracts 2014/2015 Herder Champs
GFW Cataracts 2015/2016 Herder Champs
GFW Cataracts 2016/2017 Allan Cup Champs

newfiepuck

Wed Mar 04, 2015 2:16 pm

its pathetic imo....... its like this league is set up to fail. i agree, the brand of hockey produced in this league is top notch and i think people dont realize it because of lack of coverage...... you dont even hear a thing about allan cup...ridiculous
hope to see some herder coverage on ntv this weekend

• Information