Article from the Packet on next season

Central West Senior Hockey League discussions - Clarenville Caribous, Grand Falls Windsor Cataracts & Gander Flyers.
catsfan200

Thu Jun 04, 2015 4:42 pm

2011 Herder Champions
2014 Herder Champions
2015 Herder Champions
2016 Herder Champions
Go Cats Go!

Follow me on twitter @markie800200

#1BousFan
What is the shape of a hockey puck?: triangle

Thu Jun 04, 2015 6:21 pm

Clarenville Caribous 2018 Herder Champions
Clarenville Caribous--2012 Herder Champions
Clarenville Caribous- 2011 Allan Cup Champions
Clarenville Caribous- -2010 Herder Champions
Clarenville Caribous- 2009 Herder Champions

superfan

Thu Jun 04, 2015 10:18 pm

#1BousFan wrote:
Good to hear :)

Standing "O" for all involved :) :ymapplause: .

.... ring the bell bous fan .

.... ring the bell :ymapplause: .

PurpleandGold

Fri Jun 05, 2015 8:48 am

Very interesting stand on the imports and more local talent coming in...really in contradiction to what a lot of Bous fans have been supporting on here....wondering who these local talents from the Clarenville and Bonavista minor hockey programs may be?

Flyer24

Fri Jun 05, 2015 9:35 am

A very positive story for sure, lets hope all goes as planed.

Tomcod

Fri Jun 05, 2015 12:57 pm

PurpleandGold wrote:Very interesting stand on the imports and more local talent coming in...really in contradiction to what a lot of Bous fans have been supporting on here....wondering who these local talents from the Clarenville and Bonavista minor hockey programs may be?
Yes PurpleandGold it is very interesting indeed , considering for years Mcphee had VICTOR & SMITH deemed non imports plus they had three imports... now that they arent competing for the Allan Cup the other three teams have to follow ??? Every team has a rebuilding year so it looks like its the bous turn ....

If im reading this article correct it seems to me that Mr Macphee wants Desrosiers deemed a nonimport & that would make two ( Victor & Desrosiers ) plus they want two more imports.. I personally think that Desrosiers & Gallant should be non imports.... I cant see how the royals , flyers or cats can compete without at least three imports & thats just my opinion ... stay tuned ...

titan

Fri Jun 05, 2015 1:43 pm

Tomcod wrote:
PurpleandGold wrote:Very interesting stand on the imports and more local talent coming in...really in contradiction to what a lot of Bous fans have been supporting on here....wondering who these local talents from the Clarenville and Bonavista minor hockey programs may be?
Yes PurpleandGold it is very interesting indeed , considering for years Mcphee had VICTOR & SMITH deemed non imports plus they had three imports... now that they arent competing for the Allan Cup the other three teams have to follow ??? Every team has a rebuilding year so it looks like its the bous turn ....

If im reading this article correct it seems to me that Mr Macphee wants Desrosiers deemed a nonimport & that would make two ( Victor & Desrosiers ) plus they want two more imports.. I personally think that Desrosiers & Gallant should be non imports.... I cant see how the royals , flyers or cats can compete without at least three imports & thats just my opinion ... stay tuned ...
Sounds like the Bous will be around for next season which is fantastic. Looks like the model going forward for them is very similar to the AESHL teams, load up on local talent and hope that draws the fans.

If Rosie or Gallant are to be deemed non imports will they have to enter the draft?

Tomcod

Fri Jun 05, 2015 4:42 pm

God help us if the CWSHL follows the AESHL as a model ( rec league ) ... stay tuned ...

Hockey Eyes

Fri Jun 05, 2015 5:59 pm

What Mr. McPhee is talking about is the right approach and is in lockstep with what HNL is saying. Fewer imports..more emphasis on local and a new look at someone working in the community year round. Less money spent and not having to sell out every night to make it work . No plane loads of hockey players arriving every weekend to make money. A greater emphasis on community hockey. Kind of like the AESHL model except more talented and modest salaries. I think it can work .

Tomcod

Fri Jun 05, 2015 6:38 pm

Like i said before it costs just as much to fly CHURCHILL to the island as any import ... If some people had a clue about the expences of senior hockey they wouldnt be talking so foolish .. It costs more for sticks than for imports for a team lol... not to mention travel for locals , meals , hotel rooms etc , in the big picture imports cost very little & they also fill the arenas & in order for senior hockey to survive we are going to need full arenas.. THE HOTELS ARENT GOING TO ASK WHOS LOCAL OR IMPORT , JUST PAY FOR THE ROOM ... Same thing with meals , bussing , sticks & equipment ... stay tuned...

• Information