Wiser heads Prevail

Central West Senior Hockey League discussions - Clarenville Caribous, Grand Falls Windsor Cataracts & Gander Flyers.
Hockey Eyes
What is the shape of a hockey puck?: triangle

Mon Jun 15, 2015 8:13 am

As expected senior hockey in Newfoundland has finally taken steps in the right direction. Here is a link to today's article in The Telegram. Of interest is , per diems, the Herder , and the Allan Cup . No opinion from Robin Short .It is a straight piece on the results of what happened this weekend. Good to see Jack Lee back again and Gary Gale and all those men and women who seek to serve hockey. Looking forward to next season. I hope there is some kind of interlocking schedule between east and west.

http://www.thetelegram.com/Sports/Hocke ... on-a-cap/1

Seniorfan

Mon Jun 15, 2015 10:57 am

"It appears the Central-West Senior Hockey League will be placing a cap on spending rather than continuing to shell out big money on import players in 2015-16."

This opening line is extremely inflammatory and indeed very misleading. Another shot taken by Robin Short raising the false flag of "high paid imports" as if they are a problem. I've said it before and I'll say it again that reducing imports will in no way help hockey. it is a totally false argument they cost teams money. HNL has taken aim at imports but they are aiming at the wrong target. Robin Short has once again proven to be nothing more than a mouthpiece for HNL. It was quite fitting that he emceed their Hall of Fame inductions this weekend. He's been speaking on that organization's behalf for years. Gary Gale wants to kill senior hockey off the Avalon. He's even gone so far as to suggest the Cataracts forget about the Allan Cup and focus on the Herder. This comment to a team that has played in the Herder 4 out of the last five years, winning it three times. What an insult! He cares nothing for the fans out here and these comments are just further proof. HockeyEyes sees this as a positive move. No surprise there.

Tomcod

Mon Jun 15, 2015 11:56 am

That crap isnt worth the paper its written on ...its so far from the truth that it makes me want to throw up ... Hockey no more at its finest ... stay tuned ....

canonball

Mon Jun 15, 2015 4:44 pm

So they don`t want a team from the island to compete for the Allan Cup which they put money in their pockets from this year but it is alright to have two Atlantic championships on the island this year which they will have to foot the bill for ..Yes it only happens if it is inside the overpass .. They should be all shot with their own ball of sh77

rusty

Mon Jun 15, 2015 6:09 pm

Tomcod wrote:That crap isnt worth the paper its written on ...its so far from the truth that it makes me want to throw up ... Hockey no more at its finest ... stay tuned ....
Agreed

superfan

Mon Jun 15, 2015 10:22 pm

The Cats SHOULD play for the Allan Cup and believe me if I was Donald Trump , they WOULD be going because they COULD (quite easily !) make this great rock proud .

So Jack , Gary and company the three key words are: SHOULD , WOULD , and COULD .

.... Have pride in the rock HNL .

..... have pride in the rock :ymapplause: .

• Information