Franklin MacDonald signs with Nottingham Panthers

Central West Senior Hockey League discussions - Clarenville Caribous, Grand Falls Windsor Cataracts & Gander Flyers.
rick

Tue Feb 16, 2016 6:21 pm

Caribous insider wrote:
superfan wrote:He is supposed to fly out tomorrow .

..... all the very best Frankie take care.
I dont know why ur wishing him well Super?? Hes a pri ck! Hes left us while we are down! I hope he pulls his grion first shift! :evil:

Get off the liquor

canonball
What is the shape of a hockey puck?: triangle

Tue Feb 16, 2016 6:28 pm

smogdog wrote:keep him and make him live with cannonball for the weekend that would really punish him lol

:lol: :lol: :lol: Love that one smogdog .. Didn`t know that you had it in you

canonball

Tue Feb 16, 2016 6:37 pm

By the way I heard that the cats were going to sent some of their fans out with me for a weekend . Someone said they are getting way to soft .. not you is it smog.. Sorry I heard that it was Tomcod he wants to know how they can get Gallant deemed a non import thinks I can help

titan

Tue Feb 16, 2016 6:45 pm

canonball wrote:
smogdog wrote:keep him and make him live with cannonball for the weekend that would really punish him lol

:lol: :lol: :lol: Love that one smogdog .. Didn`t know that you had it in you
I think cruel and unusual punishment is disallowed now....

Caribous insider

Tue Feb 16, 2016 6:48 pm

123 wrote:
Caribous insider wrote:

I dont know why ur wishing him well Super?? Hes a pri ck! Hes left us while we are down! I hope he pulls his grion first shift! :evil:
Wishing an injury on someone. Totally classless, regardless of what he did or did not do. Terrible indeed
Ya....well not only that, I hope the flys of 1000 camels infest his armpits! :-D Hows that for classless!!

canonball

Tue Feb 16, 2016 7:00 pm

No no CI smogdog thinks he should spend the weekend with me

top cheese

Tue Feb 16, 2016 7:06 pm

Unfortunately the Caribous committee who made the decision to sign Macdonald after the X-mas break need to take responsibility for the poor decision to sign him. They knew from the start of the season that his intensions were to return overseas as soon as an opportunity arose when that was said they should have been looking for a more committed import. Parker Deighan was available and Jordan Henrys name was floating around as well so its not like there wasn't a replacement available. The Caribous took a gamble and they got burned they can only blame themselves. What Macdonald did is no different then any of the other players do who make money playing hockey. A better offer came in and he took it. Caribous should have released him and signed someone else as soon as he said he was interested in going pro end of story.

Caribous insider

Tue Feb 16, 2016 7:49 pm

top cheese wrote:Unfortunately the Caribous committee who made the decision to sign Macdonald after the X-mas break need to take responsibility for the poor decision to sign him. They knew from the start of the season that his intensions were to return overseas as soon as an opportunity arose when that was said they should have been looking for a more committed import. Parker Deighan was available and Jordan Henrys name was floating around as well so its not like there wasn't a replacement available. The Caribous took a gamble and they got burned they can only blame themselves. What Macdonald did is no different then any of the other players do who make money playing hockey. A better offer came in and he took it. Caribous should have released him and signed someone else as soon as he said he was interested in going pro end of story.
No you are wong! Yes the Caribous knew he was looking for another game....thats why they signed Deighan for a weekend as Ivan pointed out in another post! They had agreed to release him if he did indeed land another gig! But at the deadline MacDonald never had another job and when questioned about it, he committed 100% to the Caribous. You can only take a guy on his word. All indications were he was an honourable dude so there was no need to doubt him. The promise to release a player prior to the deadline if a better gig comes up happens more often then you would think! There are no contracts signed and nobody saw this comming. The poor decision was made by Frankie MacDonald! JMO

Hockey Eyes

Tue Feb 16, 2016 8:18 pm

Caribous insider wrote:

Surely you are not finding fault in a fellow who has a chance to squeeze a few more dollars out of hockey at the end of a career. What is his obligation to the Caribous or anyone else in this league? Isn't this the place where you can be dropped from a team for no reason and where your pay stops as soon as you hit the ice with an injury.
Does Frankie Macdonald have some moral obligation to play out the last game ( or games) of a season with a team with an uncertain future. How many imports will there be next year ? Will he be one of them ? Macdonalds obligations are to his family and the people around him not to a hockey team out in the middle of the Atlantic ocean . I hope he lights it up where he is going. To wish him a groin injury ?? Are you serious. My God man.

Ivan

Tue Feb 16, 2016 8:53 pm

top cheese wrote:Unfortunately the Caribous committee who made the decision to sign Macdonald after the X-mas break need to take responsibility for the poor decision to sign him. They knew from the start of the season that his intensions were to return overseas as soon as an opportunity arose when that was said they should have been looking for a more committed import. Parker Deighan was available and Jordan Henrys name was floating around as well so its not like there wasn't a replacement available. The Caribous took a gamble and they got burned they can only blame themselves. What Macdonald did is no different then any of the other players do who make money playing hockey. A better offer came in and he took it. Caribous should have released him and signed someone else as soon as he said he was interested in going pro end of story.
I take full responsibility for resigning Franklin on Jan 10th after a discussion took place as I stated in another post . I also put measures in place to protect our investment in Franlin in the form of an employee/employer relationship agreement . Unfortunately when Franklins agent called hockey Canada they, without checking with HNL, granted an international transfer, which would not of been granted if they had done their due diligence. Craig Tulk, executive director of HNL has filed an appeal of this decision, but im sure Hockey Canada is more interested in taking care of their international partners than they are someone in little old NFLD . So Mr Cheese if there are any loopholes in the system, you can only cover them with the resources that are available to you, and I didn't get burnedby stupidity, as you hinted, my National Representative let me down, SURPRISE . In case you don't know theres a few clues in this old body too, and wont be hoodwinked too often and may not be on this one either. With saying that Macdonalds days as a Caribou are over whether he arrives in Nottingham or not

• Information