Franklin MacDonald signs with Nottingham Panthers

Central West Senior Hockey League discussions - Clarenville Caribous, Grand Falls Windsor Cataracts & Gander Flyers.
geoguy
What is the shape of a hockey puck?: triangle

Fri Feb 19, 2016 10:39 am

Flyer24 wrote:If Fergus decided to leave and go play Pro this week and left the Cats hanging there'd be 30 posters on here losing their marbles. CI speaks his mind, and like Tomcod and a few others he actually knows what goes on is this league. If I were the Bous I'd be pissed too.
darn right fans and exec have the right to be more than a little pissed off.
Go Cats GO
2011 WCSHL Regular Season Champs
2011 WCSHL Champs
2011 Herder Champs
2013 NLSHL regular season champs
2014 regular season and herder champs
2015 herder champs
2016 regular season champs
2016 cwshl champs
2017 cwshl regular season champs.

hockeyman29

Fri Feb 19, 2016 11:52 am

I see both sides of this one .I can see the team being pissed and understand but from a players stand point u have to do what you think is best for no 1....it a greasy game and the teams can throw you to the curb pretty quick.guess now the bous know how some of the players they let go must feel but hey once again the team has to do what they feel is right for them,so as I say it works both ways.nothing the bous can do but remember what he did if he ever looks to come back.

superfan

Fri Feb 19, 2016 12:05 pm

royalcat wrote:Superfan what CI did is in the past there is always some one coming up behind to keep the team going.But to wish someone ill is classless .JMO I guess the Delaneys wonder what he wished on them when he was told to go and sharpen their skates?????

With great respect, what CI has done for this team, will always be in the future because, he set the bar so high , that it will be challenge when it comes to dedication , and compassion , not only for the Bouville snipers, but also for the entire community .

His dedication and leadership is very inspirational and is something I will cherish forever and a day .

..... all rise.

superfan

Fri Feb 19, 2016 12:18 pm

... and about the skates ,CI would gladly take on any role necessary be it logistical , Admin or whatever had to be done even cleaning up the dressing room and doing laundry after the boys have gone for their post game meal.

The next day he would be assuring creditors that all invoices would be resolved and then go put another load of jerseys in (his own dryer) .

24/7 365 , CI has contributed to the Bouville snipers for the past ten years, and he did it with the upmost of modesty .

... bartender, another double for CI please .

Ivan

Fri Feb 19, 2016 12:51 pm

geoguy wrote:
Flyer24 wrote:If Fergus decided to leave and go play Pro this week and left the Cats hanging there'd be 30 posters on here losing their marbles. CI speaks his mind, and like Tomcod and a few others he actually knows what goes on is this league. If I were the Bous I'd be pissed too.
Your 100% Geoguy . As far as others saying players can leave when they like, that's not true, a player once signed has to get a release and Mr. Macdonald never got a release from our team, nor did he ask for one . There was a serious error made in order for this to unfold and I have an email in my pocession with an apology for the error that was committed, but due to obvious reasons, I am not willing to share right now. This transfer could not of happened without my signature, unless there was a Major error, and there was . And before anyone jumps the gun, it was no error on the part of HNL, they have been 100% supportive in the process that is unfolding as I type. I realize I can"t get Franklin back for this weekend, but I wont drop the ball on this until justice is done, whether its will be of any benefit to us I don't know, but I guarantee, when im finished, no other team will ever be put in this position again . Work agreements are in place with all our players, also they are signed to a HNL/HC reg card which is their committment, and no they are not allowed to leave at their own free will for more money, no different than a player pissed of with his team in the NHL, he signed a deal and he is stuck with it until the deal expires or the team agrees to part company .

Tomcod

Fri Feb 19, 2016 1:15 pm

Well done Ivan , stick to your guns ...

superfan

Fri Feb 19, 2016 1:21 pm

You got my support too Ivan .Thanks for your dedication and commitment .

royalcat

Fri Feb 19, 2016 1:37 pm

Good to hear Ivan!Stick to your guns!

hockeyman29

Fri Feb 19, 2016 1:53 pm

Ivan wrote:
geoguy wrote:
Your 100% Geoguy . As far as others saying players can leave when they like, that's not true, a player once signed has to get a release and Mr. Macdonald never got a release from our team, nor did he ask for one . There was a serious error made in order for this to unfold and I have an email in my pocession with an apology for the error that was committed, but due to obvious reasons, I am not willing to share right now. This transfer could not of happened without my signature, unless there was a Major error, and there was . And before anyone jumps the gun, it was no error on the part of HNL, they have been 100% supportive in the process that is unfolding as I type. I realize I can"t get Franklin back for this weekend, but I wont drop the ball on this until justice is done, whether its will be of any benefit to us I don't know, but I guarantee, when im finished, no other team will ever be put in this position again . Work agreements are in place with all our players, also they are signed to a HNL/HC reg card which is their committment, and no they are not allowed to leave at their own free will for more money, no different than a player pissed of with his team in the NHL, he signed a deal and he is stuck with it until the deal expires or the team agrees to part company .
in a league where you can be released anytime and classified as amateur how can you keep a guy from playing pro.you cant have a player contract in a senior league only can put him on a card.any commitment on your side would only be verbal and we all know how that can go..let macdonald go,get over it .you have learned a lesson,a valuable one.do u have a right to be pissed...no doubt but like I say in a league where there are not contracts and the teams seem to hold all the cards maybe this is a wake up call on how the players are sometime treated.no fun when its on the other foot.there is fine line between loyalty and stupidity and I guess that works both ways.

mrKofax

Fri Feb 19, 2016 2:03 pm

Ivan wrote:
top cheese wrote:Unfortunately the Caribous committee who made the decision to sign Macdonald after the X-mas break need to take responsibility for the poor decision to sign him. They knew from the start of the season that his intensions were to return overseas as soon as an opportunity arose when that was said they should have been looking for a more committed import. Parker Deighan was available and Jordan Henrys name was floating around as well so its not like there wasn't a replacement available. The Caribous took a gamble and they got burned they can only blame themselves. What Macdonald did is no different then any of the other players do who make money playing hockey. A better offer came in and he took it. Caribous should have released him and signed someone else as soon as he said he was interested in going pro end of story.
I take full responsibility for resigning Franklin on Jan 10th after a discussion took place as I stated in another post . I also put measures in place to protect our investment in Franlin in the form of an employee/employer relationship agreement . Unfortunately when Franklins agent called hockey Canada they, without checking with HNL, granted an international transfer, which would not of been granted if they had done their due diligence. Craig Tulk, executive director of HNL has filed an appeal of this decision, but im sure Hockey Canada is more interested in taking care of their international partners than they are someone in little old NFLD . So Mr Cheese if there are any loopholes in the system, you can only cover them with the resources that are available to you, and I didn't get burnedby stupidity, as you hinted, my National Representative let me down, SURPRISE . In case you don't know theres a few clues in this old body too, and wont be hoodwinked too often and may not be on this one either. With saying that Macdonalds days as a Caribou are over whether he arrives in Nottingham or not
hockeyman29...reading above I would consider this Employee/Employer relationship agreement ....... A CONTRACT

• Information