Franklin MacDonald signs with Nottingham Panthers

Central West Senior Hockey League discussions - Clarenville Caribous, Grand Falls Windsor Cataracts & Gander Flyers.
Silverhawk
What is the shape of a hockey puck?: triangle

Fri Feb 19, 2016 3:08 pm

Be Loud, Be Herd. Go 'Bous Go
2015 Allan Cup Host Team

- 2012 Herder Memorial Champs
- 2011 Allan Cup Champs
- 2010 Herder Memorial Champs
- 2009 Herder Memorial Champs

canonball

Fri Feb 19, 2016 4:00 pm

I agree with CI ... Hockeyman 29 I know that this is not the NHL but when a contract is signed it should be honored .Also players are let go by teams over and over , do you think that a player can leave his NHL team anytime he wants and go play with another ..I am willing to bet that if this happened to a home team of yours you would be singing a different tune .. Hope he don`t get a full shift

Silverhawk

Fri Feb 19, 2016 5:27 pm

what I think is worst over it all.. is the fact MacDonald didn't say a word!.. HE KNEW he wouldn't get his release this late in the game, but you'd think he'd at least man up and say.. I know I said.. but there is this fantastic opportunity that i can't pass up.. I hate to do this... .etc etc etc... MAN UP.. it really does make a world of difference..

Hockey Canada has to accept the fault on this one.. and I agree with Ivan not backing down. This could happen to ANY SENIOR team... if Hockey Canada can go ahead and permit a transfer without even notifying the provincial hockey governing association - let along the team the player was signed and protected with?.. .Common.. HUGE BOO BOO on HC's part to say the least!..
2015 Allan Cup Host Team

- 2011 Allan Cup Champs

GenoSniper

Fri Feb 19, 2016 5:38 pm

I know it's a tough pill to swallow but why would any team hold a player back?
If there was any question if he was going to be around after Christmas or not they should of got Parker his 6 games.

superfan

Fri Feb 19, 2016 5:40 pm

Hockey Canada clearly faulted in this case and should be held accountable .

The Caribous have been victimized by Hockey Canada's malicious actions and a remedy is warranted and should be forthcoming sooner rather than later .

.... all rise>

hockeyman29

Fri Feb 19, 2016 7:20 pm

there are no legally binding contracts as far as I know.its senior hockey.if he had a contract he would be the only one in the league.sorry about the loss of a player but he did what he felt he had to do for the good of his family.and yes it is not the nhl and no you could not just jump from team to team in the nhl BECAUSE IT IS PRO HOCKEY WITH REAL CONTRACTS...

hockeyman29

Fri Feb 19, 2016 7:30 pm

where does it say they had a written contract..not in this article...just sayin.

Silverhawk

Fri Feb 19, 2016 7:52 pm

hockeyman29 wrote:
where does it say they had a written contract..not in this article...just sayin.
Ivan stated in an earlier post there was an EMPLOYER / EMPLOYEE contract. You sign a contract once your hired for MOST jobs do you not??..
2015 Allan Cup Host Team

- 2011 Allan Cup Champs

hockeyman29

Fri Feb 19, 2016 8:33 pm

Silverhawk wrote:
hockeyman29 wrote:
Ivan stated in an earlier post there was an EMPLOYER / EMPLOYEE contract. You sign a contract once your hired for MOST jobs do you not??..
funny I know quite a few guys who have played or played there and not one had a contract.guess macdonald was special.....

superfan

Sat Feb 20, 2016 12:14 am

Hockey Canada should not have authorized this transfer. It was not authorized by HNL (who supported the Bous).

.... all rise.

• Information