Franklin MacDonald signs with Nottingham Panthers

Central West Senior Hockey League discussions - Clarenville Caribous, Grand Falls Windsor Cataracts & Gander Flyers.
superfan
What is the shape of a hockey puck?: triangle

Mon Feb 15, 2016 9:24 pm

Ivan is a man of his word someone's career comes first and he has my support on that 100%

Ivan

Mon Feb 15, 2016 9:45 pm

PurpleandGold wrote:Franklin MacDonald of the Caribous signed overseas today. Thought he was injured and that's why he wasn't playing?

http://www.panthers.co.uk/content/defen ... um=twitter
I want to update our fans on the Franklin Macdonald situation. When I signed him back in the fall I signed him with the understanding that if he was to find a game at the pro level or overseas I would release him immediately as long as it was before Jan 10th. His overseas agent was constantly looking for work for him, which I had no problem with and the first wknd after Christmas prior to Jan 10th deadline he was close to a deal so we both agreed he take the weekend off and give me the opportunity to bring in another import to get 2 games played, towards the required 6 needed, if Frankie was to find work elsewhere. Hence Parker Dieghan . So on Jan 10th I was left with a decision, keep Parker or bring back Frankie . So that a second person would be privy to the conversation, in the company of Dustin Russell I made a call to Frankie at which time I advised him that if he was to commit today and we resign him, he would not get a release after that date, he assured us that if we resigned him he was committed 100% for the remainder of the year, so then it was decision time, and as a group we decided to resign him. He played 3 games this past wknd, and not a word about anything, until today, which happens to be deadline day for overseas signings. It is now in the hands of the powers to be HNL, Hockey Canada, IIHF, to deal with, but as stated in our conversation with Franklin on Jan 10th, we will not grant a release at this time, as we have an obligation to our leaque, fans, sponsers, volunteers and our other players who have worked so hard to make it this far while overcoming many obstacles this year. The purpose of this is not to criticize Franklin or say this or that should have been done, just to inform our supporters and hockey fans in general how this unfolded. With Sweetland out and losing Roach with a separated shoulder in game 3, it certainly makes this pill much harder to swallow, its still in my throat since 8:30 AM today .

superfan

Mon Feb 15, 2016 10:01 pm

No matter what happens Ivan, you have my support 100% always . I will always be proud of this great franchise forever and always . I will always be greatfull for the great job you have done, and continue to do :ymapplause:

.... lets go Bous BANG BANG :ymapplause: .

... I would bring you a single malt but that may not do the trick .

hockeyman29

Tue Feb 16, 2016 9:32 am

pretty greasy of macdonald at this point.if I was the bous I would be very sour.a deal is a deal.i hope if they have a team next year they will have enough brains not to bring him back.but you must always remember at the end of the day it is everyman for himself.the teams do the same thing to players year after year.bet chad denny is looking pretty good now.

Flyer24

Tue Feb 16, 2016 9:36 am

Its too bad this couldn't have unfolded on Saturday as his obligation to the Bous will be done by then.
I'm also shocked that he was able to secure a gig overseas.

canonball

Tue Feb 16, 2016 9:47 am

No matter how you play it now , if the Bous don`t give him his release he can decline to come in this weekend or if he do he will not play up to par so therefore a waste of time and money to have him in .. I would say unless there is another way around this to have him come in and then sign with the other team I don`t see him playing .. Go over to Corner Brook and play your hearts out , win or lose I am sure that the fans will stand by the team and the decisions that you make .. Right it down as another hill to climb and get on with it ...I would not think that MacDonald likes what has happened but what would any one else do

evanpenton

Tue Feb 16, 2016 9:54 am

Sounds weird to say it, but I agree with Cannon. Both the team and the player will have a bit of anger towards the other now. Give some of the young kids more ice time and let the team play as hard as they can. Don't give MacDonald another dollar for what he tried to do to the team. You could pay his salary and he could come in and coast all weekend for an easy pay check.
GO CATS GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !!!!!!!!!!

superfan

Tue Feb 16, 2016 10:28 am

The best thing to do is take the high road . If he has to go then I would grant a release and move on with the series . That way everyone wins .

If his only window of opportunity is now then yes grant his release and move on .

.... All winners take the high road .

Ivan will always have my support .I also believe that an adversarial relationship is never productive , therefore I feel we should grand his release .

... all rise.

smogdog

Tue Feb 16, 2016 10:43 am

keep him and make him live with cannonball for the weekend that would really punish him lol

superfan

Tue Feb 16, 2016 10:50 am

I would like to see a palatable resolution for all, so we all can move on .

.... up the high road.

• Information