Herder finals Cats@Caps Game 3

Central West Senior Hockey League discussions - Clarenville Caribous, Grand Falls Windsor Cataracts & Gander Flyers.
gallerygod
What is the shape of a hockey puck?: triangle

Sat Mar 26, 2016 3:14 pm

HockeyFan29 wrote:
evanpenton wrote:I will make it simple for you hockeyfan.

St johns and the avalon have ahl caliber hockey. No one out there cares about the aeshl. Therefore they bring in about 40 fans a game. You can only pay your players the amojnt of money you bring in.
Out west, senior is our only game, so we attract a much larger fan and sponsor base. This allows us to spend more on players.
The better players go where the money is. Cwshl is a much better calibre hockey.
Once hnl realizes this and stops trying to force this east vs west crap down our throats the better it is for everyone.

Also this play with locals only is crap. The ceebees won all kinds of herders with the faulkners ( from bishops ).
But the thing is they're not going to stop. They're going to try harder next year to downgrade the west so they can win a Herder for the East. It is the 50th anniversary of the league so they're going to be pulling out all the stops to try and bring the Herder back east.
Right church..wrong pew..It's not the Herder..it's the Allan Cup. Two months ago, the host team for next season's Allan Cup (Kenora, Ontario) folded. Therefore Hockey Canada is without a venue for the 2017 Allan Cup. Wanna bet HNL go to the Hockey Canada AGM looking for the Allan Cup to be hosted in St.John's. Remember the Brier is going to give St.John's a lot of exposure and professional hockey as we know it ends after next season.
If the Royals were smart and if the league wants to test the waters, they should explore the idea of hosting the Allan Cup. And they should may some sort of announcement at their big 30th anniversary celebrations next weekend.

catsfan200

Sat Mar 26, 2016 3:26 pm

gallerygod wrote:
HockeyFan29 wrote:
evanpenton wrote:I will make it simple for you hockeyfan.

St johns and the avalon have ahl caliber hockey. No one out there cares about the aeshl. Therefore they bring in about 40 fans a game. You can only pay your players the amojnt of money you bring in.
Out west, senior is our only game, so we attract a much larger fan and sponsor base. This allows us to spend more on players.
The better players go where the money is. Cwshl is a much better calibre hockey.
Once hnl realizes this and stops trying to force this east vs west crap down our throats the better it is for everyone.

Also this play with locals only is crap. The ceebees won all kinds of herders with the faulkners ( from bishops ).
But the thing is they're not going to stop. They're going to try harder next year to downgrade the west so they can win a Herder for the East. It is the 50th anniversary of the league so they're going to be pulling out all the stops to try and bring the Herder back east.
Right church..wrong pew..It's not the Herder..it's the Allan Cup. Two months ago, the host team for next season's Allan Cup (Kenora, Ontario) folded. Therefore Hockey Canada is without a venue for the 2017 Allan Cup. Wanna bet HNL go to the Hockey Canada AGM looking for the Allan Cup to be hosted in St.John's. Remember the Brier is going to give St.John's a lot of exposure and professional hockey as we know it ends after next season.
If the Royals were smart and if the league wants to test the waters, they should explore the idea of hosting the Allan Cup. And they should may some sort of announcement at their big 30th anniversary celebrations next weekend.
Actually Allan Cup is in New Brunswick
2011 Herder Champions
2014 Herder Champions
2015 Herder Champions
2016 Herder Champions
Go Cats Go!

Follow me on twitter @markie800200

gallerygod

Sat Mar 26, 2016 3:40 pm

I know its been awarded to New Brunswick. However politics in hockey create strange situations. I can see Hockey Canada deferring North Eastern New Brunswick for a year and re-awarding it to St.John's. When there is a money making opportunity, Hockey Canada is at the forefront. Remember this Allan Cup is far, far away from the major centres of Saint John, Moncton and Fredericton.

BeefJerky

Sat Mar 26, 2016 6:07 pm

gallerygod wrote:I know its been awarded to New Brunswick. However politics in hockey create strange situations. I can see Hockey Canada deferring North Eastern New Brunswick for a year and re-awarding it to St.John's. When there is a money making opportunity, Hockey Canada is at the forefront. Remember this Allan Cup is far, far away from the major centres of Saint John, Moncton and Fredericton.
Interesting points you made there about the New Brunswick Allan Cup. Most of these communities in the NESHL (League Lameque Au P'tit Mousse plays in) are only 1,000-2,000 people and seems to be rural. Will they instead have the Allan Cup played out of one of the larger centres? Do the rinks in the NESHL have the capacity for the Allan Cup?
Transplanted from GFW to St. John's.
Go Cats Go!

Twitter: @kellymbutt

• Information