Just a general Statement....

Central West Senior Hockey League discussions - Clarenville Caribous, Grand Falls Windsor Cataracts & Gander Flyers.
puckit
What is the shape of a hockey puck?: triangle

Tue Mar 29, 2016 8:30 pm

superfan wrote:The west coast trophy .
Geez...they put a lot of thought into that name :roll:
If at first you don't succeed....PUCKIT!

superfan

Tue Mar 29, 2016 8:49 pm

puckit wrote:
superfan wrote:The west coast trophy .
Geez...they put a lot of thought into that name :roll:

If they leave our league alone , they can call the trophy "The Great Hope " LOL .

.... they can put the Herder at city hall , in the chamber .

Caribous insider

Tue Mar 29, 2016 9:02 pm

Just a couple of quick comments. The reason why the CWSHL cant go off on its own and have its own trophy is because it would still have to be sanctioned by HNL. If HNL didnt sanction it, then we would no longer be under the HNL umbrella. That would cause major problems. The first being insurance and the second is officials. Insurance is obtainable but would be very very expensive. Also, HNL has already told the CWSHL that if they went off on their own, they would not permitt HNL officials to ref the games and if any of them did ......then they would be barred from doing HNL games. Sooooo, what do you think they would do!!

I already suggested at meetings in the past that CWSHL approach Cougar helicopters about putting up a trophy for the league in memory of those that were lost in the crash a few years back. I thought that would be a nice thing to do and give our league a nice trophy to play for. Let the AESHL have the Herder.

Anyway, just thought id through that info out there...... :-D

superfan

Tue Mar 29, 2016 11:25 pm

The CWSHL trophy is a trophy, so why wouldn't HNL allow us to have our own league, and the winner move on to the regionals/Allan Cup ?

.... of course the answer would be , because we are attracting all the talent out of St. Johns , so the only course of action , is to drown the CWSHL .

puckit

Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:47 am

Caribous insider wrote:Just a couple of quick comments. The reason why the CWSHL cant go off on its own and have its own trophy is because it would still have to be sanctioned by HNL. If HNL didnt sanction it, then we would no longer be under the HNL umbrella. That would cause major problems. The first being insurance and the second is officials. Insurance is obtainable but would be very very expensive. Also, HNL has already told the CWSHL that if they went off on their own, they would not permitt HNL officials to ref the games and if any of them did ......then they would be barred from doing HNL games. Sooooo, what do you think they would do!!

I already suggested at meetings in the past that CWSHL approach Cougar helicopters about putting up a trophy for the league in memory of those that were lost in the crash a few years back. I thought that would be a nice thing to do and give our league a nice trophy to play for. Let the AESHL have the Herder.

Nice idea...just don't call it the Cougar Cup... we'll have a lot of middle aged women prowling around at the games! :smile:
If at first you don't succeed....PUCKIT!

hockeyman29

Wed Mar 30, 2016 12:06 pm

correct me if I am wrong but doesn't the team that goes to the allan cup have to register at the aaa level which I think the west league is.is the league in the east registered at the aaa level...guessing not..so how come they would play each other for the herder if they are different level leagues?....

Caribous insider

Wed Mar 30, 2016 4:56 pm

hockeyman29 wrote:correct me if I am wrong but doesn't the team that goes to the allan cup have to register at the aaa level which I think the west league is.is the league in the east registered at the aaa level...guessing not..so how come they would play each other for the herder if they are different level leagues?....
Ill stand to be corrected but if things are still as they were when the Caribous were attending the AC, only the team planning to attend is registered AAA, not all teams in the league.

geoguy

Wed Mar 30, 2016 5:08 pm

Caribous insider wrote:
hockeyman29 wrote:correct me if I am wrong but doesn't the team that goes to the allan cup have to register at the aaa level which I think the west league is.is the league in the east registered at the aaa level...guessing not..so how come they would play each other for the herder if they are different level leagues?....
Ill stand to be corrected but if things are still as they were when the Caribous were attending the AC, only the team planning to attend is registered AAA, not all teams in the league.
From talking to people in general that's the way it is to my knowledge as well. There are leagues out there where all teams are aaa but here just the team hoping to represent Atlantic Canada registers.
Go Cats GO
2011 WCSHL Regular Season Champs
2011 WCSHL Champs
2011 Herder Champs
2013 NLSHL regular season champs
2014 regular season and herder champs
2015 herder champs
2016 regular season champs
2016 cwshl champs
2017 cwshl regular season champs.

Caribous insider

Wed Mar 30, 2016 6:48 pm

puckit wrote:
Caribous insider wrote:Just a couple of quick comments. The reason why the CWSHL cant go off on its own and have its own trophy is because it would still have to be sanctioned by HNL. If HNL didnt sanction it, then we would no longer be under the HNL umbrella. That would cause major problems. The first being insurance and the second is officials. Insurance is obtainable but would be very very expensive. Also, HNL has already told the CWSHL that if they went off on their own, they would not permitt HNL officials to ref the games and if any of them did ......then they would be barred from doing HNL games. Sooooo, what do you think they would do!!

Nice idea...just don't call it the Cougar Cup... we'll have a lot of middle aged women prowling around at the games! :smile:
:lol:

#1BousFan

Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:00 pm

Nice idea indeed, You sure u don't wanna come back to the Bous? lol
Clarenville Caribous 2018 Herder Champions
Clarenville Caribous--2012 Herder Champions
Clarenville Caribous- 2011 Allan Cup Champions
Clarenville Caribous- -2010 Herder Champions
Clarenville Caribous- 2009 Herder Champions

• Information