Allan Cup Semi Final 2: Cataracts vs. Prairie Thunder

Central West Senior Hockey League discussions - Clarenville Caribous, Grand Falls Windsor Cataracts & Gander Flyers.
fanman
What is the shape of a hockey puck?: triangle

Sat Apr 16, 2016 10:01 am

No hater here geo I'm proud of the cats in all they've done they just lost to a a team that got the bounces and probably had stiffer competition going for the Allan cup--hats off to the cats-

fanman

Sat Apr 16, 2016 10:02 am

No hater here geo I'm proud of the cats in all they've done they just lost to a a team that got the bounces and probably had stiffer competition going for the Allan cup--hats off to the cats-

PurpleandGold

Sat Apr 16, 2016 10:13 am

123 wrote:In my opinion here is the problem for the Cats. We really didn't know what we were going to get since there's essentially no competition for them here. I've said before and Evan and others will remember. There's 4 groups in NL

4) Bell Island, CBN and Southern Shore
3) Northeast and St. John's
2) Gander, Corner Brook and Clarenville
1) a mile ahead Grand-Falls

Take an all star team from groups 2-4 and they might win a game in a best of 7 against the Cats. I wondered in the real Senior hockey world what type of team that Cats were to be honest. To me they answered the bell and just got beat. No explanation for the 3rd period though. They got wore down...maybe?
Not sure what to say about this comment....real senior hockey world??

Genosniper81

Sat Apr 16, 2016 10:16 am

Apparently AJ wasn't all that happy about not playing a single game! And he won't be returning next season.

Sat Apr 16, 2016 10:25 am

PurpleandGold wrote:
123 wrote:In my opinion here is the problem for the Cats. We really didn't know what we were going to get since there's essentially no competition for them here. I've said before and Evan and others will remember. There's 4 groups in NL

Take an all star team from groups 2-4 and they might win a game in a best of 7 against the Cats. I wondered in the real Senior hockey world what type of team that Cats were to be honest. To me they answered the bell and just got beat. No explanation for the 3rd period though. They got wore down...maybe?

Right now there is no competition for the Cats in NL Senior hockey and that's as plain as the nose on my face. I'd bet my bank account that in late March or early April 2017 they will be raising the Herder again. The real hockey workd is where they will get real competition. I'm sorry the CWSHL is indeed a great league BUT there's one team well ahead of the pack compared to the others. It's not even close. They played perhaps 40 games this season, give or take, and lost perhaps 7.

wtf100

Sat Apr 16, 2016 10:39 am

Genosniper81 wrote:Apparently AJ wasn't all that happy about not playing a single game! And he won't be returning next season.
Well if he doesn't want to return he'll be good trade bait. He can decide not to play but he can't play anywhere else without a release or trade.

wtf100

Sat Apr 16, 2016 10:43 am

123 wrote:
PurpleandGold wrote:

Right now there is no competition for the Cats in NL Senior hockey and that's as plain as the nose on my face. I'd bet my bank account that in late March or early April 2017 they will be raising the Herder again. The real hockey workd is where they will get real competition. I'm sorry the CWSHL is indeed a great league BUT there's one team well ahead of the pack compared to the others. It's not even close. They played perhaps 40 games this season, give or take, and lost perhaps 7.
I think you'll see a lot of players retire or move on before next season forcing the Cats into a rebuild.

HockeyFan29

Sat Apr 16, 2016 11:12 am

wtf100 wrote:
Genosniper81 wrote:Apparently AJ wasn't all that happy about not playing a single game! And he won't be returning next season.
Well if he doesn't want to return he'll be good trade bait. He can decide not to play but he can't play anywhere else without a release or trade.
Unless he plays out East. Would not be surprised to see him in a Cee Bees jersey next season ;-)

HockeyFan29

Sat Apr 16, 2016 11:15 am

123 wrote:
PurpleandGold wrote:

Lack of competition hurt them. When the chips were down they couldn't pull out the win.

rusty

Sat Apr 16, 2016 11:21 am

Maybe all the players they picked up ran out of gas as i presume they never played all year, i can't agree with your theory they had no competion all year as they picked up at least 10 import players, in saying that you have nothing to be ashamed off, lost by one goal.

• Information