Gander Flyers ?

Central West Senior Hockey League discussions - Clarenville Caribous, Grand Falls Windsor Cataracts & Gander Flyers.
Newbie123
What is the shape of a hockey puck?: triangle

Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:41 am

What is happening to the Gander Flyers, with Hynes, Escott, Ryan, Carrol, Doody and Nicholas as your top 6 they should be challenging every game !

So with that said, what do people think is happening, problems in the dressing room with players, the coach ?

Tomcod

Tue Nov 22, 2016 1:03 pm

Newbie123 wrote:What is happening to the Gander Flyers, with Hynes, Escott, Ryan, Carrol, Doody and Nicholas as your top 6 they should be challenging every game !

So with that said, what do people think is happening, problems in the dressing room with players, the coach ?
Don't forget Barbourwho is a top sixforward on any team in this league... JMO I think they need another Dman.. Also wouldn't hurt to look for a coach, the days of the broadstreet bullies has sailed .. stay tuned...

RKP49

Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:34 pm

Watched Flyers the past few seasons but don't see them as broadstreet bullies. They need help on the back end and need to play together. Their best players have to be their best players which isn't happening. He with the best imports wins. That's the difference maker Tomcod.

Tomcod

Tue Nov 22, 2016 10:45 pm

JMO, the difference I see is that the cats play a system and the players buy in but I don't see that with the Flyers.. Look down the flyers roster and they should be winning a lot more games .. stay tuned...

geoguy

Wed Nov 23, 2016 8:19 am

Tomcod wrote:JMO, the difference I see is that the cats play a system and the players buy in but I don't see that with the Flyers.. Look down the flyers roster and they should be winning a lot more games .. stay tuned...
the flyers have always looked like a group of individuals towing there own separate ropes as opposed to just towing the one rope belonging to the team. doesn't help that there appears to be a revolving door with players coming and going each season. different core each year. especially with regards to their imported players.
Go Cats GO
2011 WCSHL Regular Season Champs
2011 WCSHL Champs
2011 Herder Champs
2013 NLSHL regular season champs
2014 regular season and herder champs
2015 herder champs
2016 regular season champs
2016 cwshl champs
2017 cwshl regular season champs.

timbits

Wed Nov 23, 2016 1:39 pm

As i was looking at all the names of the flyers players during warm ups sunday I said to my buddy that the flyers have so much talent up front in that line up and should be leading the standings in my opinion.

geoguy

Wed Nov 23, 2016 2:53 pm

timbits wrote:As i was looking at all the names of the flyers players during warm ups sunday I said to my buddy that the flyers have so much talent up front in that line up and should be leading the standings in my opinion.
individually they are stacked no doubt with scoring power.
Go Cats GO
2011 WCSHL Regular Season Champs
2011 WCSHL Champs
2011 Herder Champs
2013 NLSHL regular season champs
2014 regular season and herder champs
2015 herder champs
2016 regular season champs
2016 cwshl champs
2017 cwshl regular season champs.

rusty

Wed Nov 23, 2016 7:38 pm

Newbie123 wrote:What is happening to the Gander Flyers, with Hynes, Escott, Ryan, Carrol, Doody and Nicholas as your top 6 they should be challenging every game !

In my opinion, Doody and Nicholas are on the downward trend and Brandon Hynes has to be handled properly or he will be a cancer stick in the room.

Caribous insider

Wed Nov 23, 2016 9:12 pm

rusty wrote:

In my opinion, Doody and Nicholas are on the downward trend and Brandon Hynes has to be handled properly or he will be a cancer stick in the room.
I heard the same thing about Hynes. Got to handle him with kid gloves.

Drinks alota beer

Wed Nov 23, 2016 9:24 pm

Wow.. a Caribou's fan talking about handling players with Kids Gloves. Clarenville insider you shouldn;t look to far out side your own dressing room

• Information